|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean-Claude greet Seth with Seth finally finds him?
2. Which room of the house are Seth and Jean-Claude made to clean, instead of Chantal?
3. When is the last time Reggie claims to have seen Jean-Claude?
4. On the night of the pageant, where does Seth sit in the auditorium?
5. Which of the following characters spent time in a gang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Seth and Samoan frequently found themselves getting into trouble when they played together. Choose one moment of mischief, and explain what happened during this event. Then, describe the repercussions the children received as a result of their mischief. How did this mischief affect the friendship between these two unlikely best friends?
Essay Topic 2
Jean-Claude is a character who embraces pacifism. Explain why Jean-Claude feels so opposed to violence in the streets, and give at least two-examples of the ways Jean-Claude combats violence in his neighborhood. What is the neighborhood response to Jean-Claude's pacifist ways?
Essay Topic 3
Jerome plays an important role in the conflict of this novel. First, explain why the Michelin family does not like Jerome. Then, explain why Chantal loves Jerome. Finally, explain how Jean-Claude attempts to rid Jerome from his sister's life. How does Chantal react to Jean-Claude's threats?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)