|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Fabiyi's cat?
2. During the time she was gone, who was Mrs. Fabiyi visiting back home?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. What was the "secret ingredient" in the toiletry products Seth and Samona were selling door-to-door?
(a) Tuna fish.
(b) Chicken feathers.
(c) Horse manure.
(d) Dog food.
4. How is Seth related to Matant Margaret?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his great-aunt.
(c) She is his grandmother.
(d) Seth and Matant Margaret are not related.
5. Who makes the arrangements of Matant Margaret's wake?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the wake, what does Manmi ask Seth to bring over to Samona's house?
2. Where did Matant Margaret live before she died?
3. On which floor of the apartment building is Mrs. Fabiyi's home located?
4. Who is Jerome?
5. How do the neighborhood children feel about Mrs. Fabiyi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Matant Margaret's life like in the years before her death?
2. How do Manmi and Chantal help Samona prepare for the beauty pageant, and what is Seth's reaction to these changes?
3. Why are all the neighborhood children afraid of Mrs. Fabiyi?
4. How does the audience react to Samona's performance during the beauty pageant?
5. How does Seth react to the fight that breaks out on Sunday morning between Jean-Claude and Chantal?
6. What information does Samona give Seth about the proceedings at a funeral?
7. How is Samona's church different from Seth's church?
8. What reasons does Chantal give Seth as to why she loves Jerome?
9. What does Seth admire most about Anthony Gemini?
10. When Seth arrives with the food at the Gemini house, what conversation does he get into with Mrs. Gemini?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)