|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seth feel when he finally sees his grandmother at the wake?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
2. Which of the following relatives lives with Seth's family?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
3. Which of the following did Seth most remember about the toiletries he was trying to sell, and have a strong, adverse reaction to?
(a) The smell.
(b) The taste.
(c) The texture.
(d) The price.
4. After Matant Margaret dies, what does Seth want his mother to do?
(a) Tell him Matant Margaret's history.
(b) Say prayers for Matant Margaret's soul.
(c) Bury the body in the backyard.
(d) Close her eyes and rest.
5. Where is Matant Margaret's coffin kept during the duration of the wake?
(a) In the middle of the crowd.
(b) In front of the crowd.
(c) To the side of the crowd.
(d) Behind the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters offers Samona food when she has none in her home?
2. What are Chantal and Jean-Claude doing when Seth arrives home from Mrs. Fabiyi's?
3. How does Jean-Claude feel about Jerome?
4. Who is Chantal?
5. Which of the following types of soups did Mrs. Fabiyi once pour on the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Reggie give about Jean-Claude's whereabouts?
2. When Seth arrives with the food at the Gemini house, what conversation does he get into with Mrs. Gemini?
3. How do Manmi and Chantal help Samona prepare for the beauty pageant, and what is Seth's reaction to these changes?
4. What arrangements does Papi make for Matant Margaret's funeral?
5. How does Anthony react to Seth's surprise visit in the church?
6. From where did Seth's family immigrate, and how are the remnants of their homeland still present in their household?
7. What does Seth admire most about Anthony Gemini?
8. How does Seth save Samona from her stage fright?
9. Why do Seth and Samona pity Bessie Armstrong?
10. What explanation does Mrs. Fabiyi give to the children as to her absence from the neighborhood?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)