|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Michelin household change after Chantal makes her speech about women's rights?
(a) There is no change in the household.
(b) Chantal is allowed to date Jerome.
(c) Chantal is kicked out of the house.
(d) Chantal no longer has to do chores.
2. What type of church congregation does the Gemini family belong to?
3. How does Seth feel about Samona's chances at winning the beauty pageant?
(a) He is unsure whether or not Samona will win.
(b) He thinks Samona will certainly win.
(c) He does not have an opinion about the beauty pageant.
(d) He thinks Samona has no chance.
4. How does Seth's opinion of Samona change after her monologue performance?
(a) His opinion of Samona does not change.
(b) He thinks Samona is beautiful.
(c) He thinks Samona deserves to win.
(d) He thinks Samona should drop out of the contest.
5. During the talent portion of the pageant, which of the following is NOT part of Samona's costume?
(a) A shirt with holes in it.
(b) Leather sandals.
(c) A basket on her head.
(d) A ragged skirt.
6. Which of the following characters is NOT attending church with the Gemini family?
7. What relationship does Anthony have with Reggie?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are cousins.
8. Which room of the house are Seth and Jean-Claude made to clean, instead of Chantal?
(a) The bedrooms.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
9. What type of practice is Seth returning from when he sees Samona made-over for the first time?
10. What religion does the Michelin family follow?
11. Why does Seth feel bad when he sneaks away from his family to find the Geminis?
(a) Because he lied.
(b) Because he broke curfew.
(c) Because he ran.
(d) Because he stole.
12. Why does the Michelin family believe Samona will win the beauty pageant?
(a) Because they think she has a strong personality.
(b) Because they think she is beautiful.
(c) Because they think she will be the only entrant.
(d) Because they think she is smart.
13. How do Manmi and Papi respond to Chantal's admittance of her dreams?
(a) They are sorrowful.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are apathetic.
14. How does Samona exhibit her stage fright?
(a) She runs off the stage.
(b) She begins shaking.
(c) She freezes with fear.
(d) She begins crying.
15. How does the audience respond to Samona's monologue performance?
(a) They boo her off the stage.
(b) There is no response from the audience.
(c) They clap politely.
(d) They give her a standing ovation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of paper does Samona bring to school and ask schoolmates to help her with?
2. How does Jean-Claude greet Seth with Seth finally finds him?
3. Which of the following is NOT a change the women made to Samona's appearance before the pageant.
4. Whose idea is it to invite Samona over before the pageant, to help her prepare?
5. Which of the following characters does Samona mysteriously visit in the days before the pageant, and refuse to tell Seth why?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)