|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Michelin family believe Samona will win the beauty pageant?
(a) Because they think she is beautiful.
(b) Because they think she has a strong personality.
(c) Because they think she will be the only entrant.
(d) Because they think she is smart.
2. What is Samona's final action toward Seth after the beauty pageant?
(a) She ignores him on the way to their cars.
(b) She gives him a high-five from the stage.
(c) She sticks her tongue out at him.
(d) She hugs him tightly.
3. What free item does Jerome give to Samona at the convenience store?
(a) A bag of popcorn.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) A drink.
(d) A doughnut.
4. On what day of the week do Jean-Claude and Chantal get into their big fight?
5. How does Reggie react to seeing the children on the street?
(a) He smiles at them.
(b) He high-fives them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He points a gun at them.
6. How do Manmi and Papi respond to Chantal's admittance of her dreams?
(a) They are apathetic.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are sorrowful.
7. When Seth enters Chantal's room after her fight with Jean-Claude, what is she doing?
(a) She is packing her suitcases.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is praying.
8. How long are Chantal and Jean-Claude grounded for their fighting?
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
9. Which of the following characters is in charge of getting Seth up in the morning and ready for the new day?
10. How does Seth react when he hears Jean-Claude and Samona fighting?
(a) He wants to pull the covers over his head.
(b) He wants to fall back to sleep.
(c) He wants to tell them both to "shut up!"
(d) He wants to jump into bed with his parents.
11. What career would Anthony like to have as an adult?
(a) A marine biologist.
(b) An archaeologist.
(c) An astronaut.
(d) An architect.
12. How does Samona exhibit her stage fright?
(a) She freezes with fear.
(b) She runs off the stage.
(c) She begins crying.
(d) She begins shaking.
13. After the makeover, what is the only way Seth can identify the beautiful girl as Samona?
(a) Her smile.
(b) Her twinkling eyes.
(c) Her laugh.
(d) Her voice.
14. When the kids finally find Jean-Claude, where is he sitting?
(a) On the front steps to his house.
(b) On a park bench.
(c) In the middle of the street.
(d) On the curb.
15. After the altercation, wWhat does Jean-Claude vow to do as soon as he gets home?
(a) Speak with Chantal.
(b) Speak with Manmi.
(c) Speak with Papi.
(d) Speak with Jerome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Michelin household change after Chantal makes her speech about women's rights?
2. How does Anthony react to the threats Jean-Claude makes against Jerome?
3. How does Seth feel about Samona's chances at winning the beauty pageant?
4. What religion does the Michelin family follow?
5. How does Seth's opinion of Samona change after her monologue performance?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)