|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Samona mysteriously visit in the days before the pageant, and refuse to tell Seth why?
(a) Binta Gemini.
(d) Mrs. Fabiyi.
2. Who saves Samona from her stage fright during the talent portion of the pageant?
(d) Mrs. Fabiyi.
3. Who does Seth believe should take the blame for the fight that happened in the morning?
4. How long is Seth grounded when his parents find out he visited Mrs. Fabiyi?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT attending church with the Gemini family?
6. On what day of the week do Jean-Claude and Chantal get into their big fight?
7. How does Reggie react to seeing the children on the street?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He points a gun at them.
(c) He high-fives them.
(d) He smiles at them.
8. After the altercation, how does Seth feel about his reaction?
(a) He thinks he should have been more worried.
(b) He realizes he was very confused about the fight.
(c) He is glad he reacted the way he did.
(d) He thinks he over-reacted.
9. After the altercation, wWhat does Jean-Claude vow to do as soon as he gets home?
(a) Speak with Papi.
(b) Speak with Chantal.
(c) Speak with Jerome.
(d) Speak with Manmi.
10. How does the pageant audience react to Samona's African dress?
(a) They love it.
(b) They have no opinion of it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They think it is inappropriate.
11. What is the name of the classmate that Samona befriends while discussing the beauty pageant?
(a) Bessie Armstrong.
(b) Emily Aruba.
(c) Hannah Ashfellow.
(d) Claire Amulet.
12. What religion does the Michelin family follow?
13. How does Seth react when he hears Jean-Claude and Samona fighting?
(a) He wants to pull the covers over his head.
(b) He wants to jump into bed with his parents.
(c) He wants to tell them both to "shut up!"
(d) He wants to fall back to sleep.
14. How does Seth's opinion of Samona change after her monologue performance?
(a) He thinks Samona deserves to win.
(b) He thinks Samona is beautiful.
(c) He thinks Samona should drop out of the contest.
(d) His opinion of Samona does not change.
15. Which of the following characters spends the afternoon with Chantal, attempting to comfort her after the fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Seth give Jean-Claude for their search?
2. After the makeover, what is the only way Seth can identify the beautiful girl as Samona?
3. Which of the following best describes the preacher at the Gemini family's church?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Mrs. Fabiyi's dress on the day of the pageant?
5. Where is the family going when Jean-Claude sneaks out of the house?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)