|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seth react when he hears Jean-Claude and Samona fighting?
(a) He wants to fall back to sleep.
(b) He wants to tell them both to "shut up!"
(c) He wants to pull the covers over his head.
(d) He wants to jump into bed with his parents.
2. How does the audience respond to Samona's monologue performance?
(a) They boo her off the stage.
(b) They clap politely.
(c) There is no response from the audience.
(d) They give her a standing ovation.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT sit with Seth on the day of the pageant?
4. How does Seth feel about Samona's new giggly relationship with the girls whom she discusses the beauty pageant with?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is pleased.
5. How does the Michelin household change after Chantal makes her speech about women's rights?
(a) There is no change in the household.
(b) Chantal is allowed to date Jerome.
(c) Chantal no longer has to do chores.
(d) Chantal is kicked out of the house.
6. How does Samona react to Seth dancing in the middle of the pageant.
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is apathetic.
7. After the altercation, how does Seth feel about his reaction?
(a) He thinks he should have been more worried.
(b) He is glad he reacted the way he did.
(c) He realizes he was very confused about the fight.
(d) He thinks he over-reacted.
8. How do Manmi and Papi respond to Chantal's admittance of her dreams?
(a) They are sorrowful.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are excited.
9. Which of the following characters was NOT involved in Samona's makeover before the pageant?
10. When is the last time Reggie claims to have seen Jean-Claude?
(a) Reggie does not answer the question.
(b) Over a week ago.
(c) The day before.
(d) In the morning.
11. What threat does Jean-Claude make toward Jerome?
(a) That he will make him miserable.
(b) That he will kill him.
(c) That he will keep him away from Chantal.
(d) That he will fight him.
12. What type of practice is Seth returning from when he sees Samona made-over for the first time?
13. Why is Seth grounded by his parents?
(a) For lying at the church.
(b) For skipping his piano lesson.
(c) For sneaking out of the house.
(d) For confronting Reggie.
14. Why does Seth feel bad when he sneaks away from his family to find the Geminis?
(a) Because he lied.
(b) Because he ran.
(c) Because he stole.
(d) Because he broke curfew.
15. What dance does Seth bread into during the beauty pageant?
(a) The chicken dance.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The hokey pokey.
(d) The foxtrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What free item does Jerome give to Samona at the convenience store?
2. How does Samona spend her days while preparing for the pageant?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT think Samona is beautiful?
4. Which of the following sports does Papi play with Seth?
5. Which of the following characters is in charge of getting Seth up in the morning and ready for the new day?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)