|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following relatives did Matant Margaret take care of when he was sick and losing his senses?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her great-grandfather.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. What color underwear was Samona wearing on the first day of class?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Fabiyi's cat?
4. In what decade does the novel "Seth and Samona" take place?
5. What does Samona want to bring to Mrs. Fabiyi during the visit?
6. How does Chantal feel about marriage?
(a) She thinks marriage is a sacred bond.
(b) She thinks marriage is for fools.
(c) She thinks marriage should be outlawed.
(d) She does not think she wants to get married.
7. After Matant Margaret dies, where does Grandma sleep?
(a) In Chantal's bed.
(b) In Manmi's bed.
(c) In Samona's bed.
(d) In Seth's bed.
8. On which of the following holidays did Mrs. Fabiyi attack the children with food from her window?
(a) Independence Day.
9. Who realizes that Chantal is lying about her whereabouts in order to see Jerome?
10. Which of the following characters offers Samona food when she has none in her home?
(a) Mrs. Fabiyi.
(b) Mrs. Gray.
11. Who does most of the housework in Seth's home?
(a) The women.
(b) The men.
(c) The adults.
(d) The children.
12. How does Seth feel about being forced to attend Matant Margaret's wake?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is apathetic.
13. When Seth arrives in the Gemini household, which of the following characters is singing an opera?
14. Which of the following best describes Seth's emotions during the time he is visiting in Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
15. Which of Samona's family members died during the previous summer?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jerome?
2. Which of the following best describes the state of Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
3. Which country did Seth's family immigrate to America from?
4. What is the name of Samona's cat?
5. From which African country did Mrs. Fabiyi immigrate from?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)