|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Seth's emotions during the time he is visiting in Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
2. How does Chantal feel about marriage?
(a) She does not think she wants to get married.
(b) She thinks marriage should be outlawed.
(c) She thinks marriage is for fools.
(d) She thinks marriage is a sacred bond.
3. What is the name of Samona's cat?
4. On what day of the week is Matant Margaret's wake held?
5. At what time of day is Matant Margaret's wake held?
(a) In the evening.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) At noon, exactly.
(d) In the morning.
6. Who realizes that Chantal is lying about her whereabouts in order to see Jerome?
7. Which country did Seth's family immigrate to America from?
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) Dominican Republic.
8. Which of the following is NOT something different that Seth notices about Mrs. Fabiyi?
(a) Her culture.
(b) Her language.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her home country.
9. What type of furniture does Mrs. Fabiyi have in her apartment?
10. How does Jean-Claude feel about Jerome?
(a) He does not like Jerome.
(b) He is impressed with Jerome.
(c) He is afraid of Jerome.
(d) He does not know Jerome.
11. What language does Seth's grandmother speak?
12. What did Matant Margaret always do with the money she made in America?
(a) Sent it back to her family.
(b) Invested it in the stock market.
(c) Spent it on food for her children.
(d) Saved it in a bank account.
13. Which of the following best describes the state of Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
14. How is Seth related to Enrie?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are enemies.
15. Which of the following diseases did Matant Margaret suffer from?
(c) Brain cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following pieces of artwork does Mrs. Fabiyi decorate her home with?
2. Who is Jerome?
3. In what decade does the novel "Seth and Samona" take place?
4. How is Seth related to Matant Margaret?
5. Which of the following is missing from Mrs. Fabiyi's apartment, which confuses the children?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)