|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude think all young men should be interested in?
2. How does Chantal feel about marriage?
(a) She thinks marriage is for fools.
(b) She does not think she wants to get married.
(c) She thinks marriage is a sacred bond.
(d) She thinks marriage should be outlawed.
3. As he enters the wake, which character's jacket does Seth cling to?
4. Which of the following relatives lives with Seth's family?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does Samona's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a photographer.
(b) She is a writer.
(c) She is a painter.
(d) She is a sculpter.
6. How do the neighborhood children feel about Mrs. Fabiyi?
(a) They think she is a ghost.
(b) They think she is queen.
(c) They think she is an angel.
(d) They think she is a witch.
7. Which of the following is NOT something different that Seth notices about Mrs. Fabiyi?
(a) Her culture.
(b) Her home country.
(c) Her language.
(d) Her dress.
8. At the time of the novel's setting, how long has Seth's family been living in America?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few years.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
9. In what decade does the novel "Seth and Samona" take place?
10. Where did Matant Margaret live before she died?
(a) In Seth's home.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In the house next door.
(d) In a hospital.
11. Which of the following best describes the state of Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
12. Which of the following relatives did Matant Margaret take care of when he was sick and losing his senses?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her great-grandfather.
13. After Matant Margaret dies, what does Seth want his mother to do?
(a) Close her eyes and rest.
(b) Say prayers for Matant Margaret's soul.
(c) Tell him Matant Margaret's history.
(d) Bury the body in the backyard.
14. When Seth arrives home from vising Mrs. Fabiyi, which of the following best describes the exterior of his home?
(a) It is dark.
(b) It is destoyed.
(c) It is repainted.
(d) It is decorated.
15. Which of the following characters muttered that Seth's family was "a typical Caribbean family"?
(b) Matant Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Fabiyi react when she hears that all the neighborhood children are afraid of her?
2. When Seth arrives in the Gemini household, which of the following characters is singing an opera?
3. From which African country did Mrs. Fabiyi immigrate from?
4. In what grade did Seth and Samona meet?
5. Which of the following types of soups did Mrs. Fabiyi once pour on the children?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)