|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters muttered that Seth's family was "a typical Caribbean family"?
(b) Matant Margaret.
2. In what city do Seth and Samona live?
3. How does Seth feel about being forced to attend Matant Margaret's wake?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is confused.
4. How do the neighborhood children feel about Mrs. Fabiyi?
(a) They think she is queen.
(b) They think she is an angel.
(c) They think she is a ghost.
(d) They think she is a witch.
5. Where does Jerome work?
(a) At a convenience store.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At a law firm.
(d) At a vineyard.
6. Where did Matant Margaret live before she died?
(a) In the house next door.
(b) In Seth's home.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) In a hospital.
7. Who is Chantal?
(a) Seth's mother.
(b) Seth's aunt.
(c) Seth's cousin.
(d) Seth's sister.
8. How does Mrs. Fabiyi react when she hears that all the neighborhood children are afraid of her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is hurt.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is offended.
9. What do Manmi and Papi want Chantal to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A mother.
10. Which of the following best describes the state of Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
11. What is the name of the beauty pageant Samona hopes to compete in?
(a) Little Miss America.
(b) Little Miss Nigeria.
(c) Little Miss Sunshine.
(d) Little Miss Dorchester.
12. When Mrs. Fabiyi opens the door to her apartment, what is she brandishing in her hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
13. Which of the following best describes Seth's emotions during the time he is visiting in Mrs. Fabiyi's home?
14. How does Seth feel about going to visit Mrs. Fabiyi with Samona?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is apathetic.
15. Who realizes that Chantal is lying about her whereabouts in order to see Jerome?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the teacher on the day Samona joined Seth's classroom?
2. On which of the following holidays did Mrs. Fabiyi attack the children with food from her window?
3. What did Matant Margaret always do with the money she made in America?
4. Where is Mrs. Gemini's art studio?
5. On which floor of the apartment building is Mrs. Fabiyi's home located?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)