|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Samona's last name?
2. What are Chantal and Jean-Claude doing when Seth arrives home from Mrs. Fabiyi's?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Playing cards.
3. Where does Samona plan to register for the upcoming beauty pageant?
(a) Over the Internet.
(b) At school.
(c) Through her local church.
(d) At town hall.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the home where Seth grew up?
5. How does Seth react to Samona's hope to compete in the upcoming beauty pageant?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is amused.
6. Which of the following is the main reason why Seth tries to avoid Samona?
(a) Because she is embarrassing to be around.
(b) Because he is afraid of being bullied by her.
(c) Because he has a crush on her.
(d) Because she always gets him into trouble.
7. Where does Mrs. Fabiyi keep her cat?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) On the balcony.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the attic.
8. Where is Matant Margaret's coffin kept during the duration of the wake?
(a) To the side of the crowd.
(b) In front of the crowd.
(c) In the middle of the crowd.
(d) Behind the crowd.
9. Which of the following types of soups did Mrs. Fabiyi once pour on the children?
(b) Chicken noodle.
10. Which of the following characters muttered that Seth's family was "a typical Caribbean family"?
(a) Matant Margaret.
11. What do Manmi and Papi want Chantal to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A lawyer.
12. In what grade did Seth and Samona meet?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Third grade.
(c) First grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
13. When Seth does not want to join Samana, what does she tease him about?
(a) The color of his skin.
(b) His long, skinny legs.
(c) His poor family.
(d) His bathroom habits.
14. Which of the following did Seth most remember about the toiletries he was trying to sell, and have a strong, adverse reaction to?
(a) The texture.
(b) The taste.
(c) The smell.
(d) The price.
15. Who tells Seth that Grandma is very sad about Matant Margaret's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samona's cat?
2. What did Matant Margaret always do with the money she made in America?
3. What does Leticia do for a living?
4. What is the name of the funeral home where Matant Margaret's wake is held?
5. In what city do Seth and Samona live?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)