|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
2. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
3. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
4. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
5. Where is Hurst beating his drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)