|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
2. What two people does Musgrave say he wants to kill first?
3. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
4. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
5. What does Hurst stab Sparky with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)