Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
2. What does Musgrave shout out at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who is the first person to give a speech?
4. Who does Musgrave say they never found?
5. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Musgrave's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Musgrave hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events change Musgrave's ideas about life?
3) How has Musgrave's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)