|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
2. What does Musgrave shout out at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Who is the first person to give a speech?
4. Who does Musgrave say they never found?
5. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against war? What are Arden's opinions on war and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Arden?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
How did Arden view the 1950s? What impact have his views had on literature as a whole? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)