|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
2. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
3. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
4. What does Annie sit with in her lap?
5. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)