|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
2. Why does Musgrave say he wants to kill the Mayor and the Parson?
3. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
5. Who does Hurst think is shouting and whistling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)