|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
2. Why does Musgrave say Billy Hicks was killed?
3. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
4. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
5. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)