|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
2. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
3. What does Musgrave say his mission is?
4. What does Musgrave urge Annie to tell the crowd?
5. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)