|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
2. What does Musgrave say happens if you follow orders?
3. Why does Musgrave say Billy Hicks was killed?
4. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
5. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)