|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
2. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
3. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
4. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
5. Who arrives to wake Musgrave from his nightmare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following and outline their influence on Musgrave's life:
1) The army
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Arden's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Arden's argument?
Essay Topic 3
How did Arden view the 1950s? What impact have his views had on literature as a whole? Has that impact been mainly positive, or mainly negative?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)