|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Walsh think soldiers get what they deserve?
2. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
3. What city does Musgrave say is burning?
4. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
5. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)