|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
2. What does Musgrave shout out at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
4. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
5. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
Essay Topic 1
How have the soldiers in the play been affected by war? Is Arden's portrayal of what war can do to people accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against war? What are Arden's opinions on war and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Arden?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)