|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
2. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
3. Who does Musgrave say they never found?
4. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)