|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
2. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock run in to the inn panicking about?
3. What does Musgrave say he is counting down to?
4. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave tried to destroy?
5. Who shoots Hurst?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Arden's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Arden's argument?
Essay Topic 3
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)