|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
2. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
3. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
4. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock leave to fetch?
5. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does uphold the views he expresses in the play in his own life?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)