|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
2. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
3. What does Musgrave shout out as Annie and Sparky embrace?
4. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
5. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)