|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
2. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
3. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
4. What is Musgrave doing as Sparky talks to Annie?
5. Which two characters are in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How have the soldiers in the play been affected by war? Is Arden's portrayal of what war can do to people accurate?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)