|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
3. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
4. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
5. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
2. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
3. What does Sparky say their mission is?
4. What does Attercliffe sing about at the end of the play?
5. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
6. How does the mayor want Musgrave to recruit soldiers?
7. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
8. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
9. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
10. How does the mayor deal with the rioting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does uphold the views he expresses in the play in his own life?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)