|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
2. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
3. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
4. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
5. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
2. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. How does the Bargee offer to help Walsh?
4. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
5. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
6. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
7. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
8. How do Musgrave and Attercliffe try to stop Hurst?
9. What does Musgrave claim is his mission?
10. What does Annie tell the crowd about the soldiers?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of a soldier.
1) What is the role of a soldier?
2) What makes a good soldier?
3) In what way does Musgrave have the right characteristics to succeed as a soldier?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
Essay Topic 3
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)