|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
2. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
3. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
4. Who does Annie flirt with?
5. What does Annie refer to herself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Musgrave and Attercliffe try to stop Hurst?
2. What do Sparky. Hurst and Attercliffe do while they wait for Musgrave?
3. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
4. What is the killing cycle Musgrave talks about in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
6. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
7. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
8. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
9. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
10. What do Musgrave and his men argue about in Act 1, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's premise? Why are premises so important to a story?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)