|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Parson and the Bargee think the soldiers could be useful?
2. What does Sparky say their mission is?
3. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
4. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
5. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
6. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
7. What are the mayor's plans?
8. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
9. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
10. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does uphold the views he expresses in the play in his own life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and outline their influence on Musgrave's life:
1) The army
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)