|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
3. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
2. What is the killing cycle Musgrave talks about in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
4. What does Musgrave talk about in his sleep?
5. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
6. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
7. What does Hurst remind Musgrave about their current situation?
8. How does the mayor deal with the rioting?
9. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
10. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against war? What are Arden's opinions on war and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Arden?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and outline their influence on Musgrave's life:
1) The army
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)