|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
2. Who are the characters waiting for?
3. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
4. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
5. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that the Bargee refers to himself as Old Joe say about his character?
2. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
3. What are Mrs. Hitchcock and the Parson's opinion of the strike?
4. Why does Attercliffe say he became a soldier?
5. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
6. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
7. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
8. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
9. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
10. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following and outline their influence on Musgrave's life:
1) The army
Essay Topic 3
What made Musgrave a good soldier? What did Musgrave have to learn to become a successful soldier?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)