|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
2. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
3. What does Sparky sing a song about?
4. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
5. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
2. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
3. What does Annie tell the crowd about the soldiers?
4. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
6. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
7. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
8. Why does Attercliffe say he became a soldier?
9. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Attercliffe's character?
10. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following and outline their influence on Musgrave's life:
1) The army
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)