|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
2. What does Sparky sing a song about?
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
4. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
5. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
2. What does Sparky say their mission is?
3. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
4. How does Attercliffe kill Sparky?
5. What does Hurst remind Musgrave about their current situation?
6. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
7. What do Musgrave and his men argue about in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
9. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
10. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does uphold the views he expresses in the play in his own life?
Essay Topic 3
How have the soldiers in the play been affected by war? Is Arden's portrayal of what war can do to people accurate?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)