|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
2. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
3. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
4. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
5. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
2. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
3. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Attercliffe's character?
4. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
5. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
6. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
7. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
8. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 1.
9. How do Musgrave and Attercliffe try to stop Hurst?
10. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Musgrave's character to the person he was at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end.
1) What did Musgrave hope to achieve at the beginning of the story?
2) What events change Musgrave's ideas about life?
3) How has Musgrave's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does uphold the views he expresses in the play in his own life?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)