|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
2. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
4. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
5. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
2. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. What does Musgrave talk about in his sleep?
4. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
6. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
7. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
8. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell Musgrave about the Bargee and the dragoons?
9. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
10. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against war? What are Arden's opinions on war and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Arden?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)