|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
2. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
3. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
4. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
5. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
2. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Attercliffe's character?
3. What does Attercliffe sing about at the end of the play?
4. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
5. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
6. What are Mrs. Hitchcock and the Parson's opinion of the strike?
7. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
8. What does the Parson warn Musgrave?
9. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
10. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the construction of Arden's argument.
1) How does he introduce his ideas?
2) How does he construct his ideas to come to logical conclusion?
3) What weaknesses and strengths can you identify in Arden's argument?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)