Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
2. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
3. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
4. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
5. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
2. What do Sparky. Hurst and Attercliffe do while they wait for Musgrave?
3. What does Sparky say their mission is?
4. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
5. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
6. How does Musgrave react to Walsh's dislike of him?
7. What is the killing cycle Musgrave talks about in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
8. How does the mayor want Musgrave to recruit soldiers?
9. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
10. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his play.
1. The British army
2. Town life
What are the differences between a play and a novel in terms of the following?
How have the soldiers in the play been affected by war? Is Arden's portrayal of what war can do to people accurate?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)