|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(d) The bargees.
2. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
(a) The soldiers are dressed.
(b) The women are ready.
(c) The crates are loaded.
(d) The gun is loaded.
3. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The captain.
(c) The ferryman.
(d) The bargee.
4. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The moat.
(c) The bar.
(d) The Wharf.
5. What does the Parson presume the soldiers are there to do?
(a) Protect the town.
(b) Break the strike.
(d) Have fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
2. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
3. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
4. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
5. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Musgrave and his men argue about in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
3. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
4. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
5. What does Musgrave claim is his mission?
6. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
7. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
8. What are Mrs. Hitchcock and the Parson's opinion of the strike?
9. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
10. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)