|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pub landlady?
(a) Fran Jackson.
(b) Janet Yearly.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) Mrs. Davison.
2. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
3. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(d) The sea.
4. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
(a) A drink trick.
(b) A card trick.
(c) A money trick.
(d) A paper trick.
5. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
2. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
3. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
4. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
5. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Attercliffe kill Sparky?
2. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
3. What do Musgrave and his men argue about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
6. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
7. What does Musgrave say in his speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
9. What does the parson say about the army in his speech?
10. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)