|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
(a) When they can go back to their families.
(b) How much food they have left.
(c) When their leave ends.
(d) What he has planned.
2. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The bargee.
(b) The captain.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The ferryman.
3. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The drunkards.
(b) The teenagers.
(c) The strikers.
(d) The delinquents.
4. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A courtyard.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A churchyard.
(d) A fair.
5. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A gun.
(b) A key to the town.
(d) A badge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
2. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
3. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
4. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
5. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hurst remind Musgrave about their current situation?
2. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
3. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
4. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
5. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
6. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
7. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
8. How do the Parson and the Bargee think the soldiers could be useful?
9. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
10. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about redemption?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)