|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(c) Stay in the town.
(d) Drink until midnight.
2. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The humorous collier.
(b) The melancholic collier.
(c) The animal collier.
(d) The pugnacious collier.
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are men.
(b) They are soldiers.
(c) They have no money.
(d) They are on the run.
4. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(a) Stop the strike.
(b) Sleep the night.
(c) Protect the town.
5. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
3. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
4. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
5. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
2. How does the mayor deal with the rioting?
3. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
4. What are the mayor's plans?
5. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
6. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
7. What does Sparky say their mission is?
8. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
9. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
10. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)