|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) The army.
2. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The bar.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(b) The bargees.
4. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the men on strike are destroying?
(a) Business and the town.
(b) Tourism and women.
(c) The town's and her own reputation.
(d) Children and families.
5. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The strike.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
2. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
3. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
4. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
5. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
2. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
3. How does the mayor deal with the rioting?
4. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
5. How do the Parson and the Bargee think the soldiers could be useful?
6. What are Mrs. Hitchcock and the Parson's opinion of the strike?
7. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
8. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
9. What does the fact that the Bargee refers to himself as Old Joe say about his character?
10. What does Sparky say their mission is?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)