|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pub landlady?
(a) Janet Yearly.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) Mrs. Davison.
(d) Fran Jackson.
2. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are on the run.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are men.
(d) They are soldiers.
3. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Drink until midnight.
(d) Stay in the town.
4. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The ferryman.
(b) The captain.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The bargee.
5. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
2. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
3. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
5. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
2. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about Attercliffe's character?
3. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
4. What does the Parson warn Musgrave?
5. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
6. What are the mayor's plans?
7. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
8. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
9. What does Attercliffe sing about at the end of the play?
10. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)