|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
2. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A key to the town.
(b) A gun.
(d) A badge.
3. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
4. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A yellow-feathered bird.
(b) A black crow.
(c) An albino boy.
(d) A yellow-haired boy.
5. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The delinquents.
(b) The drunkards.
(c) The teenagers.
(d) The strikers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters waiting for?
2. What is the name of the pub landlady?
3. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
4. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
5. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
2. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
3. What does Musgrave pray for at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Hurst tell Musgrave in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What is the killing cycle Musgrave talks about in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
6. How does the Bargee offer to help Walsh?
7. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about redemption?
8. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
9. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
10. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)