|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) The pub.
(c) Musgrave's tent.
(d) The courtyard.
2. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Musgrave and Walsh.
(b) The bargee and Crooked Joe.
(c) Sparky and Hurst.
(d) The slow collier and the pugnacious collier.
3. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(b) The sea.
4. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A distraction.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
5. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Investigate the town.
(b) Leave the town.
(c) Bring in the weapons.
(d) Find some fire wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
4. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
5. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
2. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
3. What is the killing cycle Musgrave talks about in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
4. What does Annie tell the crowd about the soldiers?
5. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
6. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
7. What does the Parson warn Musgrave?
8. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
9. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
10. What do Sparky. Hurst and Attercliffe do while they wait for Musgrave?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)