|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A friend.
(b) A brother.
(c) A monk.
(d) A real man.
2. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Steel mining.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Gold mining.
3. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
4. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
(a) Men who who have no education.
(b) Men who are miserable.
(c) Men who have families.
(d) Men who have been forced to join.
5. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
2. What does the Constable say the town needs?
3. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
4. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
5. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Old Crooked Joe?
2. How does Attercliffe kill Sparky?
3. What do Musgrave and his men argue about in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
6. What are the mayor's plans?
7. What does Sparky say their mission is?
8. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
9. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
10. How does the Bargee offer to help Walsh?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)