|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Grey and windy.
(b) Rainy and freezing.
(c) Warm and cloudless.
(d) Cold and bleak.
2. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
(a) A Worthington.
(b) An AK 49.
(c) A Gatling.
(d) A Winchester.
3. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) One-eyed Jake.
(b) Jake Scar.
(c) Dirty Joe.
(d) Crooked Joe.
4. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The pub.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) Musgrave's tent.
(d) The courtyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave describe their mission as?
2. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
3. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
4. Who does Annie flirt with?
5. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mayor want Musgrave to recruit soldiers?
2. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
3. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
4. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
5. What does Musgrave talk about in his sleep?
6. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
7. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
8. Why does Attercliffe say he became a soldier?
9. What does Attercliffe sing about at the end of the play?
10. Who is Old Crooked Joe?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)