|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
2. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A Magnum.
(c) A Gatling.
(d) A Winchester.
3. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(b) The Parson.
(c) The Mayor.
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(d) The army.
5. What does Annie refer to herself as?
(a) A fun lay.
(b) A bits and pieces gal.
(c) A great prostitute.
(d) A soldier's whore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
2. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
3. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
4. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
5. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
2. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
3. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
4. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
5. What do Sparky. Hurst and Attercliffe do while they wait for Musgrave?
6. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 1.
7. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
8. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
9. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
10. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)