|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
2. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The bar.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stables.
3. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The animal collier.
(b) The melancholic collier.
(c) The pugnacious collier.
(d) The humorous collier.
4. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) Crooked Joe.
(b) One-eyed Jake.
(c) Dirty Joe.
(d) Jake Scar.
5. Who are the characters waiting for?
(a) Black Jack Musgrave.
(b) Red Tom Regan.
(c) Purple Pete Pants.
(d) White Frank Davies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
2. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
3. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
4. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
5. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
2. What does Hurst remind Musgrave about their current situation?
3. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
4. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock know about Billy Hicks?
6. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
7. What does the fact that the Bargee refers to himself as Old Joe say about his character?
8. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
9. How does Musgrave react to Walsh's dislike of him?
10. What are the mayor's plans?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)