|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Parson.
2. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Investigate the town.
(b) Find some fire wood.
(c) Bring in the weapons.
(d) Leave the town.
3. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The church.
(d) The strike.
4. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
(a) Annie is breast feeding.
(b) Annie has hurt her hand.
(c) Annie is crying.
(d) Annie has gone to the toilet.
5. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
(a) Men who have been forced to join.
(b) Men who have families.
(c) Men who are miserable.
(d) Men who who have no education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
2. What instrument does the Bargee play?
3. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
4. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
5. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
2. How does Musgrave react to Walsh's dislike of him?
3. What does Musgrave say in his speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
5. What does Sparky say their mission is?
6. What does Walsh tells Musgrave at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
7. What does Annie tell the crowd about the soldiers?
8. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
9. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
10. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)