|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
(a) A drum.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A gong.
(d) A trumpet.
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the men on strike are destroying?
(a) Tourism and women.
(b) Business and the town.
(c) Children and families.
(d) The town's and her own reputation.
3. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
(a) The women are ready.
(b) The crates are loaded.
(c) The gun is loaded.
(d) The soldiers are dressed.
4. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The coal miner's strike.
(b) The shop keeper's strike.
(c) The argument with the butcher.
(d) The argument with the baker.
5. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Cold and bleak.
(b) Grey and windy.
(c) Warm and cloudless.
(d) Rainy and freezing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Hurst spent time alone?
2. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
3. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
4. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
5. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musgrave claim is his mission?
2. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
3. Why does the constable want Mrs. Hitchcock to close her bar?
4. What does Musgrave say in his speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What are the mayor's plans?
6. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
7. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
8. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
9. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
10. How does the mayor want Musgrave to recruit soldiers?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)