|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
(a) Their purpose.
(b) Their need for God.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their need for discipline.
2. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Religious ceremonies.
(c) War songs.
(d) Military drills.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A church.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A pub.
4. What does the Constable say the town needs?
5. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The church.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The strike.
(d) The soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
2. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
3. Who are the characters waiting for?
4. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
5. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
2. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
3. What does Musgrave pray for at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
5. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
6. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
7. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
8. What does the Parson warn Musgrave?
9. What does Sparky say their mission is?
10. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)