|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A pub.
(b) A church.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A hotel.
2. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
3. What instrument does the Bargee play?
4. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
(a) A trombone.
(b) A gong.
(c) A drum.
(d) A trumpet.
5. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
(a) The parson.
(b) The colliers.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Billy Hicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
2. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Sparky sing a song about?
4. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
5. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musgrave demonstrate during his speech in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
2. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
3. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
4. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
5. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
6. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
7. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
8. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about redemption?
9. What does the parson say about the army in his speech?
10. What does Musgrave claim is his mission?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)