|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
(a) Goes to visit Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) Loads his gun.
(d) Blows out his candle.
2. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
3. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(b) A badge.
(c) A gun.
(d) A key to the town.
4. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Charming and polite.
(b) Ugly and loud.
(c) Funny and gentlemenly.
(d) Uncouth and drunk.
5. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The delinquents.
(b) The drunkards.
(c) The teenagers.
(d) The strikers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
2. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
3. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
4. Who are the characters waiting for?
5. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Parson and the Bargee think the soldiers could be useful?
2. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
3. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
4. What do Hurst and Attercliffe tell the crowd?
5. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
6. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
7. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
8. What does Walsh tells Musgrave at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
9. What are Annie's opinions of soldiers?
10. What does Musgrave pray for at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)