|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
2. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) The army.
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are on the run.
(b) They are men.
(c) They are soldiers.
(d) They have no money.
4. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The King.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
5. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The church.
(c) The strike.
(d) The soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
2. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
3. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
5. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sparky try to get Annie to come to his room?
2. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
3. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
4. Why does Musgrave refuse to recruit men who have caused tension in the town?
5. What does Walsh tells Musgrave at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
6. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
7. Describe the scene at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1.
8. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about redemption?
9. What are the mayor's plans?
10. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)