|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
(a) Men who are miserable.
(b) Men who have families.
(c) Men who have been forced to join.
(d) Men who who have no education.
2. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The bar.
(b) The stables.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hallway.
3. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(c) The bargees.
4. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
5. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To get into bed.
(b) To go away.
(c) To make tea.
(d) To get undressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
2. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
3. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
4. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
5. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Attercliffe raise up from the box?
2. What do Sparky. Hurst and Attercliffe do while they wait for Musgrave?
3. What does Musgrave say in his speech in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What do the Bargee and Musgrave talk about as they prepare to cast off?
5. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
6. What does Hurst remind Musgrave about their current situation?
7. What does Walsh tells Musgrave at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 1?
8. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
9. How does Musgrave's situation become precarious in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
10. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)