|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(c) A telephone.
2. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A badge.
(b) A gun.
(d) A key to the town.
3. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Warm and cloudless.
(b) Rainy and freezing.
(c) Cold and bleak.
(d) Grey and windy.
4. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
5. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The bar.
(d) The stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the men on strike are destroying?
2. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
5. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musgrave pray for at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock think Musgrave got his logic wrong?
3. How does Attercliffe kill Sparky?
4. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
5. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
6. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
7. Why does Musgrave not want Mrs. Hitchcock to mention Hicks to his men?
8. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
9. How do Musgrave and Attercliffe try to stop Hurst?
10. What does Hurst tell Musgrave in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)