|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Bring in the weapons.
(c) Investigate the town.
(d) Find some fire wood.
2. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(b) The bargees.
3. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
4. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Religious ceremonies.
(c) Military drills.
(d) War songs.
5. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
(a) The Wharf.
(b) The harbor.
(c) The moat.
(d) The bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
2. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
3. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
4. What instrument does the Bargee play?
5. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hurst blame people like the mayor and parson for war?
2. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
3. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
4. How does Musgrave react to Attercliffe's conversation?
5. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
6. What does the Bargee tell Musgrave in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 2?
7. Why does Hurst refuse Annie's advances?
8. What does Musgrave talk about in his sleep?
9. What does Hurst tell Musgrave in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
10. How do the Parson and the Bargee think the soldiers could be useful?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)