Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
2. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Stay in the town.
(b) Drink until midnight.
3. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(c) The Parson.
(d) The Mayor.
4. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The women.
(b) The strike.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The town.
5. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A friend.
(b) A real man.
(c) A monk.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
2. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
3. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musgrave think they can make the Collier's hate disappear?
2. How does the Bargee start the celebration at the end of Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
3. How does the Bargee offer to help Walsh?
4. Why does Hurst say he joined Musgrave in his mission?
5. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
6. What does Musgrave say is his recruitment police?
7. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
8. How do Musgrave and Attercliffe try to stop Hurst?
9. What does Musgrave claim is his mission?
10. What does Annie tell the crowd about the soldiers?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)