|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
(a) David Hirst.
(b) Billy Hicks.
(c) Rob Jones.
(d) Jackson Jones.
2. What does Musgrave describe their mission as?
(a) The deserter's duty.
(b) The people's duty.
(c) The Christian's duty.
(d) The free man's duty.
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are soldiers.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are men.
(d) They are on the run.
4. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A brother.
(b) A monk.
(c) A real man.
(d) A friend.
5. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) The Bargee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
2. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
4. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
5. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 3, Part 1?
2. Describe the setting in Act 2, Scene 1.
3. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
4. What does Hurst tell Musgrave in Act 3, Scene 1, Part 2?
5. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
6. Why does Musgrave refuse to let the townspeople go home?
7. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell Musgrave about the Bargee and the dragoons?
8. How does the mayor want Musgrave to recruit soldiers?
9. What does the fact that the Bargee refers to himself as Old Joe say about his character?
10. What does Sparky say their mission is?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)