|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(a) The King's castle.
(c) The war.
2. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the coach house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the back room.
3. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The teenagers.
(b) The strikers.
(c) The drunkards.
(d) The delinquents.
4. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The poverty.
(b) The town.
(c) The women.
(d) The strike.
5. Who does Annie flirt with?
(d) The bargee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
2. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
3. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
4. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
5. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What signs are there in the town to suggest the soldiers are unwelcome?
2. What does the parson say about the army in his speech?
3. How does Musgrave the calm the riot?
4. What does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcok about the army when she wakes him from his dream?
5. What is the Bargee's opinion on the soldiers?
6. What does Musgrave pray for at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
7. How does Attercliffe kill Sparky?
8. How does Musgrave deal with Sparky's death?
9. What does Musgrave talk about in his sleep?
10. How does Musgrave react to the collier's anger towards him?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)