|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
(a) A soldier shooting his friend.
(b) A soldier going back to his hometown.
(c) A soldier's girl having an affair.
(d) A soldier giving a girl a rose.
2. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
3. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
(a) The hand of God.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Guardian angels.
(d) Love and understanding.
4. Why does Musgrave say he wants to kill the Mayor and the Parson?
(a) They have stolen money from their own people.
(b) They have urged the men of the town to sign up.
(c) They have ignored God's word.
(d) The have corrupted the town.
5. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
(a) A murderer's hands.
(b) The Earth's soil.
(c) A man's past.
(d) A soldier's uniform.
6. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Raise the flag.
(b) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(c) Start the national anthem.
(d) Shoot his rifle.
7. Who does Mrs. HItchcock say has got life right?
(b) The town.
(d) The government.
8. What does Sparky say he is covering up by laughing and joking?
(a) His loneliness.
(b) His serious nature.
(c) His sense of not belonging.
(d) His fear and grief.
9. Which character kisses Annie?
10. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) Musgrave's misery.
(b) Musgrave's madness.
(c) The bones on the flagpole.
(d) Sparky's death.
11. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(b) The parson.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The constable.
12. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Killing more people.
(b) Musgrave's plan.
(c) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
(d) Going back to the army.
13. What does Musgrave say they need to start to keep the town quiet for six hours?
(a) A recruiting meeting.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) A strike meeting.
14. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They trust in God.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will enter the army.
(d) They will be tortured.
15. What does Musgrave say happens if you follow orders?
(a) You end up separated from your mates.
(b) You end up in an enemy's prison.
(c) You end up dead.
(d) You end up hanging from a rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Musgrave doing as Sparky talks to Annie?
2. What does Musgrave say authority urges people to do?
3. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
4. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
5. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)