|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
(a) Take a hostage.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Stab them.
2. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
(b) The Commonwealth.
(c) The queen.
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the Bargee and the dragoons will remember soon enough?
(a) Their real lives.
(b) Their prejudices.
(c) Their pasts.
(d) Their families.
4. What does Sparky tell Annie a story about?
(a) A man forced to kill his own friends,
(b) A person does not have to follow the lead of another.
(c) His family's disasterous Christmas.
(d) A man who became obsessed with religion.
5. What does Musgrave urge Annie to tell the crowd?
(a) How it feels to lose Billy.
(b) How it feels to corrupt men.
(c) How it feels to love one's child.
(d) How it feels to be on the verge of death.
6. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The parson.
(d) The constable.
7. Who arrives to wake Musgrave from his nightmare?
(a) The bargee.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
8. Who enters the stage after the constable?
(a) The parson.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
9. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
10. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
(a) The river.
(b) The yard.
(c) The lake.
(d) The graveyard.
11. What can Sparky not find in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His trousers.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His wallet.
12. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
(b) Shut up.
13. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) Musgrave's madness.
(b) The bones on the flagpole.
(c) Sparky's death.
(d) Musgrave's misery.
14. Where is Hurst beating his drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The town square.
(c) The pub.
(d) The church yard.
15. Who does Hurst remind Musgrave is coming?
(a) The police.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) The Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
2. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
3. Who does the mayor say he has to introduce to the crowd?
4. What does Musgrave say authority urges people to do?
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave tried to destroy?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)