|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Sky scrapers.
(b) Oak trees.
(c) Apple trees.
2. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
(a) The logic of his plan.
(b) God's will.
(d) Hick's death.
3. Who enters the stage after the constable?
(a) The parson.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
4. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Take Annie away.
(c) Clean it up.
(d) Ask no questions.
5. What does Musgrave urge Annie to tell the crowd?
(a) How it feels to be on the verge of death.
(b) How it feels to love one's child.
(c) How it feels to lose Billy.
(d) How it feels to corrupt men.
6. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(a) God's logic.
(c) A way of life.
(d) God's will.
7. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Stab them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Take a hostage.
8. Where is Hurst beating his drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The pub.
(c) The town square.
(d) The church yard.
9. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
(a) Her abusive step mother.
(b) Her religious background.
(c) Her relationship with Hicks.
(d) Her abusive father.
10. What does Hurst stab Sparky with?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A spear.
(d) A knife.
11. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(a) The constable.
(b) The parson.
(c) The mayor.
12. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
(a) Believed in God.
(b) Left home.
(c) Listened to Musgrave.
(d) Became a soldier.
13. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
(a) Musgrave is here to save the town.
(b) Sparky was killed.
(c) Musgrave is the son of God.
(d) The bones belong to Hicks.
14. What does Musgrave say his mission is?
(a) To cure the madness of sending people to war.
(b) To find people willing to die.
(c) To spread God's word of peace.
(d) To stop the government abusing the lives of young men.
15. Who does the constable say he has called in?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The Salvation Army.
(c) The Territory Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
3. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
4. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock run in to the inn panicking about?
5. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock leave to fetch?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)