|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
(a) The hand of God.
(b) Love and understanding.
(c) Guardian angels.
(d) Pain and suffering.
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring for Musgrave?
(a) His uniform.
(b) His pants.
(c) His boots.
(d) His bayonet.
3. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He runs for the window.
(b) He ducks under the bed.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He laughs.
4. What does Musgrave say his mission is?
(a) To spread God's word of peace.
(b) To stop the government abusing the lives of young men.
(c) To cure the madness of sending people to war.
(d) To find people willing to die.
5. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
(a) They ran away.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They asked for forgiveness.
(d) They defended themselves gallantly.
6. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
(a) Her relationship with Hicks.
(b) Her religious background.
(c) Her abusive step mother.
(d) Her abusive father.
7. Who does the constable say he has called in?
(a) The Territory Army.
(c) The National Guard.
(d) The Salvation Army.
8. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
9. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
(a) Army uniform and ribbon.
(b) Flags and rope.
(c) Coats and string.
(d) Garbage bags and bed sheets.
10. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
(a) Take Annie away.
(b) Ask no questions.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Clean it up.
11. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
12. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
(a) Became a soldier.
(b) Believed in God.
(c) Listened to Musgrave.
(d) Left home.
13. Who enters the stage after the constable?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The parson.
14. Who does the Bargee refer to himself as?
(a) Old Joe.
(b) Cutthroat Joe.
(c) Jumping Joe.
(d) Dirty Joe.
15. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(b) The town hall.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) The pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents love in Attercliffe's song?
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
3. What does Musgrave shout out as Annie and Sparky embrace?
4. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave brought to the town?
5. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)