|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They will enter the army.
(b) They will die.
(c) They will be tortured.
(d) They trust in God.
2. Who runs into the stables when he hears Sparky scream?
(a) The bargee.
(c) The constable.
(d) The parson.
3. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The mayor's.
(b) The bargees's
4. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) Musgrave's misery.
(b) Musgrave's madness.
(c) Sparky's death.
(d) The bones on the flagpole.
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
(b) The pub.
(c) The town hall.
(d) A courtroom.
6. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
(a) The lake.
(b) The yard.
(c) The river.
(d) The graveyard.
7. What does Hurst stab Sparky with?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spear.
8. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
(a) A soldier going back to his hometown.
(b) A soldier shooting his friend.
(c) A soldier's girl having an affair.
(d) A soldier giving a girl a rose.
9. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(a) The constable.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The parson.
10. What does Musgrave shout out as Annie and Sparky embrace?
11. Who does Hurst think is shouting and whistling?
(a) The parson and the mayor.
(b) The women and children.
(c) The constable and the night watchmen.
(d) The colliers and the Bargee.
12. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Sky scrapers.
(d) Apple trees.
13. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
(a) Hang themsleves.
(b) Turn themselves in.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Go back to the army.
14. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Going back to the army.
(b) Musgrave's plan.
(c) Killing more people.
(d) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
15. What does Musgrave say authority urges people to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
2. What does Annie plead for Musgrave to do?
3. Which two characters are in prison?
4. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
5. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)