|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They will die.
(b) They will enter the army.
(c) They will be tortured.
(d) They trust in God.
2. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock leave to fetch?
(a) The parson.
(b) The constable.
(d) The mayor.
3. What does Musgrave tell the crown he is there to say?
(b) The truth.
(c) God's word.
(d) The people's word.
4. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
5. Which two characters are in prison?
(a) Attercliffe and Musgrave.
(b) The bargee and Walsh.
(c) Hurst and Attercliffe.
(d) Sparky and Hicks.
6. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
(b) His mother.
7. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
(a) The Bargee and the dragoons.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) Hicks and Sparky.
(d) Annie and Mrs. Hitchcock.
8. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The constable.
(c) The parson.
9. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(b) Shoot his rifle.
(c) Start the national anthem.
(d) Raise the flag.
10. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
(a) To set it alight.
(b) To hold prisoners.
(c) To steal the soldiers' gear.
(d) To build a barracks.
11. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
(a) The butcher's shop.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The coach house.
(d) The worker's union.
12. What does Musgrave shout out as Annie and Sparky embrace?
13. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
14. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(c) Anti-British subversives.
(d) Anti-war subversives.
15. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
(a) The hand of God.
(b) Love and understanding.
(c) Pain and suffering.
(d) Guardian angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
2. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
3. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
4. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
5. What is Musgrave doing as Sparky talks to Annie?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)