|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A place in Musgrave's army.
(c) A reward.
2. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Give speeches.
(c) Boo Musgrave.
(d) Go home.
3. What does Musgrave say when Attercliffe talks to him?
(d) Shut up.
4. Who does the constable say he has called in?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The Territory Army.
(d) The Salvation Army.
5. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The drums.
(b) The saxophone.
(c) The trumpet.
(d) The harmonica.
6. Who arrives to wake Musgrave from his nightmare?
(b) The bargee.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
7. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
(a) The coach house.
(b) The butcher's shop.
(c) The worker's union.
(d) The town hall.
8. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They will enter the army.
(b) They will die.
(c) They trust in God.
(d) They will be tortured.
9. What can Sparky not find in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His trousers.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His wallet.
10. What does Annie plead for Musgrave to do?
(a) Leave with the constable.
(b) Cut down Billy's bones.
(c) Spare the town's folk.
(d) Leave the town.
11. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Start the national anthem.
(b) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(c) Shoot his rifle.
(d) Raise the flag.
12. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
13. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
(a) Flags and rope.
(b) Coats and string.
(c) Garbage bags and bed sheets.
(d) Army uniform and ribbon.
14. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
(a) A family.
(b) A church.
(c) A war.
(d) An orchard.
15. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
(a) Cleaning his gun.
(b) Loading his gun.
(c) Finishing the podium.
(d) Putting up a flag,
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave brought to the town?
2. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
3. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
4. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
5. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)