|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
(a) Take a hostage.
(b) Stab them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Kill himself.
2. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The bargees's
(c) The mayor's.
3. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A reward.
(b) A place in Musgrave's army.
4. Who does the constable say he has called in?
(a) The Salvation Army.
(b) The Territory Army.
(c) The National Guard.
5. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
(a) Where Sparky is.
(b) How long he intends to stay in the town.
(c) What he has in the coach house.
(d) How much his men had to drink.
6. What does Musgrave tell the crown he is there to say?
(a) The truth.
(c) God's word.
(d) The people's word.
7. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(b) A way of life.
(c) God's will.
(d) God's logic.
8. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
9. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Boo Musgrave.
(c) Go home.
(d) Give speeches.
10. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bible.
(c) A rope.
(d) A ladder.
11. What does Musgrave say his mission is?
(a) To find people willing to die.
(b) To cure the madness of sending people to war.
(c) To spread God's word of peace.
(d) To stop the government abusing the lives of young men.
12. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock leave to fetch?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The constable.
(d) The parson.
13. What does Annie sit with in her lap?
(a) A Gatling gun.
(b) Sparky's photograph.
(c) A beer.
(d) Billy's skeleton.
14. What does Sparky tell Annie a story about?
(a) His family's disasterous Christmas.
(b) A man who became obsessed with religion.
(c) A man forced to kill his own friends,
(d) A person does not have to follow the lead of another.
15. What does Musgrave say he is counting down to?
(a) The second coming.
(b) His death.
(c) His love.
(d) The end of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
2. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
3. What does Musgrave shout out as Annie and Sparky embrace?
4. Who does Hurst remind Musgrave is coming?
5. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)