|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Musgrave doing as Sparky talks to Annie?
(a) Listening through the wall.
(d) Talking in his sleep.
2. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Sky scrapers.
(c) Oak trees.
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
4. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Musgrave's plan.
(b) Killing more people.
(c) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
(d) Going back to the army.
5. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
(a) How long he intends to stay in the town.
(b) How much his men had to drink.
(c) What he has in the coach house.
(d) Where Sparky is.
6. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
(a) Annie and Mrs. Hitchcock.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) Hicks and Sparky.
(d) The Bargee and the dragoons.
7. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(b) The constable.
(c) The parson.
(d) The mayor.
8. Who do the soldiers grab and bring on stage?
(a) The constable.
(b) The parson.
(d) The bargee.
9. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
10. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
(a) They asked for forgiveness.
(b) They were shot.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They defended themselves gallantly.
11. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
(b) The pox.
(d) The measles.
12. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
(a) The baker.
(b) A greengrocer.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The candlemaker.
13. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A reward.
(d) A place in Musgrave's army.
14. Which two characters are in prison?
(a) Sparky and Hicks.
(b) Attercliffe and Musgrave.
(c) Hurst and Attercliffe.
(d) The bargee and Walsh.
15. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
(a) A rope.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A bible.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
2. What does Musgrave shout out at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
4. Who does Mrs. HItchcock say has got life right?
5. Why does Musgrave say Billy Hicks was killed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)