|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
(a) Guardian angels.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) The hand of God.
(d) Love and understanding.
2. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(a) Anti-British subversives.
(c) Anti-war subversives.
3. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
4. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Ask no questions.
(c) Take Annie away.
(d) Clean it up.
5. Which two characters are in prison?
(a) Sparky and Hicks.
(b) The bargee and Walsh.
(c) Attercliffe and Musgrave.
(d) Hurst and Attercliffe.
6. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
(a) A church.
(b) A family.
(c) An orchard.
(d) A war.
7. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the Bargee and the dragoons will remember soon enough?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their real lives.
(c) Their pasts.
(d) Their prejudices.
8. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
(b) Going back to the army.
(c) Musgrave's plan.
(d) Killing more people.
9. What does Musgrave say they need to start to keep the town quiet for six hours?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A religious ceremony.
(c) A strike meeting.
(d) A recruiting meeting.
10. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The mayor's.
(d) The bargees's
11. Why does Walsh think soldiers get what they deserve?
(a) They enter countries uninvited.
(b) They are psychotic.
(c) They get turned on by violence.
(d) The are intent on killing innocent people.
12. What can Sparky not find in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His trousers.
(d) His wallet.
13. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
(a) Listened to Musgrave.
(b) Left home.
(c) Believed in God.
(d) Became a soldier.
14. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
(a) Flags and rope.
(b) Garbage bags and bed sheets.
(c) Coats and string.
(d) Army uniform and ribbon.
15. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
(a) A soldier going back to his hometown.
(b) A soldier shooting his friend.
(c) A soldier giving a girl a rose.
(d) A soldier's girl having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs into the stables when he hears Sparky scream?
2. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
4. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
5. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)