|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He ducks under the bed.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He runs for the window.
2. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
(a) The queen.
(d) The Commonwealth.
3. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
(a) They asked for forgiveness.
(b) They ran away.
(c) They were shot.
(d) They defended themselves gallantly.
4. What does Musgrave say they need to start to keep the town quiet for six hours?
(a) A recruiting meeting.
(b) A religious ceremony.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A strike meeting.
5. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Boo Musgrave.
(c) Go home.
(d) Give speeches.
6. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The drums.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The trumpet.
7. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
(a) Someone who has God in his or her life.
(b) Someone who has seen what truth is.
(c) Someone who lives a lie.
(d) Someone with a sense of justice.
8. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
(a) Let the townfolk go home.
(b) Understand the town's plight.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Leave the town.
9. Where is Hurst beating his drum at the beginning of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) The church yard.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The pub.
(d) The town square.
10. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
(a) The logic of his plan.
(c) Hick's death.
(d) God's will.
11. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The bargees's
(c) The mayor's.
12. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
13. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock run in to the inn panicking about?
(a) The parson.
(b) The mayor.
(d) The constable.
14. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
(a) The Bargee and the dragoons.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) Hicks and Sparky.
(d) Annie and Mrs. Hitchcock.
15. Why does Musgrave say Billy Hicks was killed?
(a) It had been decided.
(b) He was stupid.
(c) He followed his own path.
(d) He did not trust God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the soldiers grab and bring on stage?
2. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
3. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
4. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
5. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)