|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
(c) The queen.
(d) The Commonwealth.
2. What does Musgrave say he is counting down to?
(a) The second coming.
(b) His love.
(c) The end of the world.
(d) His death.
3. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
(a) A soldier's girl having an affair.
(b) A soldier shooting his friend.
(c) A soldier going back to his hometown.
(d) A soldier giving a girl a rose.
4. What does Musgrave say authority urges people to do?
5. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
(a) God's will.
(c) Hick's death.
(d) The logic of his plan.
6. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
(a) A man's past.
(b) The Earth's soil.
(c) A murderer's hands.
(d) A soldier's uniform.
7. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
(a) Putting up a flag,
(b) Finishing the podium.
(c) Cleaning his gun.
(d) Loading his gun.
8. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
9. Why does Walsh think soldiers get what they deserve?
(a) They get turned on by violence.
(b) They enter countries uninvited.
(c) The are intent on killing innocent people.
(d) They are psychotic.
10. Which two characters are in prison?
(a) Hurst and Attercliffe.
(b) The bargee and Walsh.
(c) Attercliffe and Musgrave.
(d) Sparky and Hicks.
11. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
(a) Let the townfolk go home.
(b) Leave the town.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Understand the town's plight.
12. What does Sparky say he is covering up by laughing and joking?
(a) His fear and grief.
(b) His loneliness.
(c) His sense of not belonging.
(d) His serious nature.
13. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave tried to destroy?
(a) People's beliefs.
(b) The town.
(c) People's hatred..
(d) His men.
14. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Shoot his rifle.
(b) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(c) Start the national anthem.
(d) Raise the flag.
15. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The drums.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the Bargee and the dragoons will remember soon enough?
2. What does Annie plead for Musgrave to do?
3. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
4. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
5. Who enters the stage after the constable?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)