|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A reward.
(d) A place in Musgrave's army.
2. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(a) God's will.
(b) God's logic.
(d) A way of life.
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave brought to the town?
(a) His soldier's mind.
(b) Senseless hatred.
(c) His mental problems.
(d) A different kind of war.
4. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
5. Who shoots Hurst?
(c) A dragoon.
6. Who is the first person to give a speech?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The constable.
(c) The parson.
7. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Go home.
(c) Give speeches.
(d) Boo Musgrave.
8. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
(a) A greengrocer.
(b) The candlemaker.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The baker.
9. Who does Hurst think is shouting and whistling?
(a) The colliers and the Bargee.
(b) The parson and the mayor.
(c) The constable and the night watchmen.
(d) The women and children.
10. What does Musgrave say happens if you follow orders?
(a) You end up dead.
(b) You end up in an enemy's prison.
(c) You end up hanging from a rope.
(d) You end up separated from your mates.
11. What does Musgrave say all the love in the world won't cleanse?
(a) A man's past.
(b) A murderer's hands.
(c) A soldier's uniform.
(d) The Earth's soil.
12. Why does Musgrave say he wants to kill the Mayor and the Parson?
(a) The have corrupted the town.
(b) They have urged the men of the town to sign up.
(c) They have ignored God's word.
(d) They have stolen money from their own people.
13. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The butcher's shop.
(c) The worker's union.
(d) The coach house.
14. What does Musgrave say he sees in every human experience?
(a) The hand of God.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Guardian angels.
(d) Love and understanding.
15. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(a) Anti-British subversives.
(c) Anti-war subversives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
2. What city does Musgrave say is burning?
3. Where does Sparky suggest he and Annie run off to?
4. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
5. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)