|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave say he will do if anyone moves?
(a) Take a hostage.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Stab them.
(d) Shoot them.
2. Why does Musgrave say Billy Hicks was killed?
(a) He did not trust God.
(b) He followed his own path.
(c) He was stupid.
(d) It had been decided.
3. What does Musgrave say happens if you follow orders?
(a) You end up separated from your mates.
(b) You end up in an enemy's prison.
(c) You end up hanging from a rope.
(d) You end up dead.
4. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
(a) To build a barracks.
(b) To set it alight.
(c) To hold prisoners.
(d) To steal the soldiers' gear.
5. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
6. Why does Walsh think soldiers get what they deserve?
(a) They get turned on by violence.
(b) They enter countries uninvited.
(c) They are psychotic.
(d) The are intent on killing innocent people.
7. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Killing more people.
(b) Musgrave's plan.
(c) Going back to the army.
(d) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
8. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
(a) The measles.
(c) The pox.
9. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
(a) Listened to Musgrave.
(b) Became a soldier.
(c) Left home.
(d) Believed in God.
10. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The mayor's.
(d) The bargees's
11. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(a) A way of life.
(b) God's logic.
(d) God's will.
12. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
(a) Someone with a sense of justice.
(b) Someone who has God in his or her life.
(c) Someone who has seen what truth is.
(d) Someone who lives a lie.
13. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
(a) Musgrave is here to save the town.
(b) Sparky was killed.
(c) Musgrave is the son of God.
(d) The bones belong to Hicks.
14. Who does Mrs. HItchcock say has got life right?
(c) The town.
(d) The government.
15. Who does Hurst think is shouting and whistling?
(a) The colliers and the Bargee.
(b) The constable and the night watchmen.
(c) The women and children.
(d) The parson and the mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents love in Attercliffe's song?
2. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
3. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
4. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
5. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)