|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He runs for the window.
(d) He ducks under the bed.
2. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
(a) Someone who lives a lie.
(b) Someone who has seen what truth is.
(c) Someone with a sense of justice.
(d) Someone who has God in his or her life.
3. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
4. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A place in Musgrave's army.
(d) A reward.
5. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
(d) His mother.
6. What city does Musgrave say is burning?
7. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Understand the town's plight.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Let the townfolk go home.
8. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
(b) The pox.
(c) The measles.
9. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
(a) Loading his gun.
(b) Cleaning his gun.
(c) Finishing the podium.
(d) Putting up a flag,
10. Why does Walsh think soldiers get what they deserve?
(a) They enter countries uninvited.
(b) They get turned on by violence.
(c) They are psychotic.
(d) The are intent on killing innocent people.
11. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
(a) A revolution.
(b) Judgement Day.
(c) Everything has evened out.
(d) A change in his heart.
12. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring to the ceremony?
13. What does Sparky say he is covering up by laughing and joking?
(a) His loneliness.
(b) His fear and grief.
(c) His sense of not belonging.
(d) His serious nature.
14. What does Musgrave say his mission is?
(a) To cure the madness of sending people to war.
(b) To stop the government abusing the lives of young men.
(c) To spread God's word of peace.
(d) To find people willing to die.
15. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) The bones on the flagpole.
(b) Sparky's death.
(c) Musgrave's misery.
(d) Musgrave's madness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the mayor say he has to introduce to the crowd?
2. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock leave to fetch?
3. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
5. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)