|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Bargee refer to himself as?
(a) Old Joe.
(b) Dirty Joe.
(c) Jumping Joe.
(d) Cutthroat Joe.
2. What represents love in Attercliffe's song?
(a) A dead deer.
(b) A bloody rabbit.
(c) Apple blosson.
(d) The seed of an apple.
3. What does Sparky tell Annie a story about?
(a) A person does not have to follow the lead of another.
(b) A man forced to kill his own friends,
(c) His family's disasterous Christmas.
(d) A man who became obsessed with religion.
4. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
(a) Sparky was killed.
(b) Musgrave is here to save the town.
(c) Musgrave is the son of God.
(d) The bones belong to Hicks.
5. What does Annie sit with in her lap?
(a) Billy's skeleton.
(b) A beer.
(c) Sparky's photograph.
(d) A Gatling gun.
6. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
(a) Where Sparky is.
(b) What he has in the coach house.
(c) How long he intends to stay in the town.
(d) How much his men had to drink.
7. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
(b) His mother.
8. Who shoots Hurst?
(a) A dragoon.
9. Who runs into the stables when he hears Sparky scream?
(a) The constable.
(c) The parson.
(d) The bargee.
10. What does the Bargee say Musgrave and his men should pay attention to?
(a) The butcher's shop.
(b) The coach house.
(c) The town hall.
(d) The worker's union.
11. What does Attercliffe sing a song about?
(a) A soldier going back to his hometown.
(b) A soldier's girl having an affair.
(c) A soldier giving a girl a rose.
(d) A soldier shooting his friend.
12. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(b) Shoot his rifle.
(c) Start the national anthem.
(d) Raise the flag.
13. What does Walsh try to get Musgrave to do?
(a) Understand the town's plight.
(b) Let the townfolk go home.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Leave the town.
14. What can Sparky not find in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His trousers.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His shoes.
15. What does Sparky say he is covering up by laughing and joking?
(a) His serious nature.
(b) His fear and grief.
(c) His sense of not belonging.
(d) His loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
2. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
3. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
4. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
5. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)