|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are in prison?
(a) Hurst and Attercliffe.
(b) Attercliffe and Musgrave.
(c) The bargee and Walsh.
(d) Sparky and Hicks.
2. What city does Musgrave say is burning?
3. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
(b) The Commonwealth.
(d) The queen.
4. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
(a) Take Annie away.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Clean it up.
(d) Ask no questions.
5. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) Musgrave's misery.
(b) The bones on the flagpole.
(c) Sparky's death.
(d) Musgrave's madness.
6. What does Attercliffe wonder if he will be able to start?
(a) A war.
(b) A church.
(c) An orchard.
(d) A family.
7. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(a) God's logic.
(b) God's will.
(c) A way of life.
8. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
9. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave brought to the town?
(a) His soldier's mind.
(b) A different kind of war.
(c) His mental problems.
(d) Senseless hatred.
10. What does Musgrave talk to himself about?
(b) God's will.
(c) The logic of his plan.
(d) Hick's death.
11. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say Musgrave tried to destroy?
(a) His men.
(b) People's beliefs.
(c) The town.
(d) People's hatred..
12. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
(b) Killing more people.
(c) Musgrave's plan.
(d) Going back to the army.
13. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
(a) To hold prisoners.
(b) To steal the soldiers' gear.
(c) To build a barracks.
(d) To set it alight.
14. What does Musgrave tell the crown he is there to say?
(a) The people's word.
(c) The truth.
(d) God's word.
15. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The harmonica.
(b) The drums.
(c) The saxophone.
(d) The trumpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Attercliffe's wife leave him for?
2. Who does Mrs. HItchcock say has got life right?
3. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does Musgrave urge Annie to tell the crowd?
5. What does Hurst stab Sparky with?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)