|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
(a) What he has in the coach house.
(b) How long he intends to stay in the town.
(c) Where Sparky is.
(d) How much his men had to drink.
2. What does Walsh say is the proof anybody needs of what life is like as a soldiers?
(a) Sparky's death.
(b) The bones on the flagpole.
(c) Musgrave's misery.
(d) Musgrave's madness.
3. What does Musgrave ask Attercliffe to do?
(a) Start the national anthem.
(b) Raise the flag.
(c) Recite the Lord's prayer.
(d) Shoot his rifle.
4. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(a) Anti-war subversives.
(b) Anti-British subversives.
5. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Sky scrapers.
(d) Apple trees.
6. What does Hurst stab Sparky with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A spear.
7. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He runs for the window.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He ducks under the bed.
(d) He collapses.
8. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(a) A place in Musgrave's army.
(d) A reward.
9. Who does the mayor say he has to introduce to the crowd?
(c) The parson.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
10. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
11. Who runs into the stables when he hears Sparky scream?
(a) The parson.
(b) The constable.
(c) The bargee.
12. What does Musgrave say he is counting down to?
(a) His death.
(b) His love.
(c) The second coming.
(d) The end of the world.
13. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They will die.
(b) They trust in God.
(c) They will be tortured.
(d) They will enter the army.
14. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
(a) God's will.
(b) God's logic.
(c) A way of life.
15. What do the colliers and the Bargee refuse to believe?
(a) Musgrave is the son of God.
(b) The bones belong to Hicks.
(c) Sparky was killed.
(d) Musgrave is here to save the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character kisses Annie?
2. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
3. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
4. What does the Bargee urge the crowd to as the dragoon arrests Musgrave and Attercliffe?
5. Who is the first person to give a speech?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)