|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
(a) Loading his gun.
(b) Cleaning his gun.
(c) Finishing the podium.
(d) Putting up a flag,
2. What does Sparky tell Annie a story about?
(a) A man forced to kill his own friends,
(b) A man who became obsessed with religion.
(c) His family's disasterous Christmas.
(d) A person does not have to follow the lead of another.
3. What does Musgrave say they need to start to keep the town quiet for six hours?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A recruiting meeting.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) A strike meeting.
4. Who does Musgrave say was with him?
(d) His mother.
5. What does Attercliffe say he wished he never did?
(a) Became a soldier.
(b) Left home.
(c) Believed in God.
(d) Listened to Musgrave.
6. What does Annie sit with in her lap?
(a) A Gatling gun.
(b) A beer.
(c) Billy's skeleton.
(d) Sparky's photograph.
7. What does Musgrave say he is afraid of?
(a) Musgrave's plan.
(b) Going back to the army.
(c) Killing more people.
(d) Musgrave's religious beliefs.
8. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He runs for the window.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He ducks under the bed.
9. What does the constable ask Musgrave?
(a) Where Sparky is.
(b) How long he intends to stay in the town.
(c) How much his men had to drink.
(d) What he has in the coach house.
10. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring for Musgrave?
(a) His boots.
(b) His pants.
(c) His uniform.
(d) His bayonet.
11. What does Musgrave say will happen to 25 people of the town?
(a) They will be tortured.
(b) They will die.
(c) They trust in God.
(d) They will enter the army.
12. Who does Musgrave say he saw dancing?
(a) Annie and Mrs. Hitchcock.
(b) Hicks and Sparky.
(c) The Bargee and the dragoons.
(d) God and the devil.
13. What does Annie plead for Musgrave to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Cut down Billy's bones.
(c) Spare the town's folk.
(d) Leave with the constable.
14. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The bargees's
(c) The mayor's.
15. Who shoots Hurst?
(a) A dragoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attercliffe say you cannot cure by further whoring?
2. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave has happened now Spark has been killed?
3. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
4. What does Musgrave refer to the death cycle as?
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the Bargee and the dragoons will remember soon enough?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)