|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) The yard.
(d) The graveyard.
2. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The drums.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The saxophone.
3. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(a) Anti-British subversives.
(c) Anti-war subversives.
4. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
(a) Coats and string.
(b) Garbage bags and bed sheets.
(c) Flags and rope.
(d) Army uniform and ribbon.
5. Who does Musgrave send the Bargee to find?
(a) Someone who has seen what truth is.
(b) Someone who has God in his or her life.
(c) Someone who lives a lie.
(d) Someone with a sense of justice.
6. What does Musgrave say happened to the others outside the coach house?
(a) They were shot.
(b) They asked for forgiveness.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They defended themselves gallantly.
7. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Oak trees.
(b) Apple trees.
(d) Sky scrapers.
8. What drink does Mrs. Hitchcock bring the two men?
9. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The mayor's.
(d) The bargees's
10. Why does Musgrave say he wants to kill the Mayor and the Parson?
(a) They have ignored God's word.
(b) They have urged the men of the town to sign up.
(c) The have corrupted the town.
(d) They have stolen money from their own people.
11. Who runs into the stables when he hears Sparky scream?
(a) The constable.
(b) The parson.
(d) The bargee.
12. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
(a) To steal the soldiers' gear.
(b) To build a barracks.
(c) To hold prisoners.
(d) To set it alight.
13. Which character kisses Annie?
14. What does the Bargee say he deserves for warning Musgrave?
(b) A place in Musgrave's army.
(c) A reward.
15. What does Sparky say he is covering up by laughing and joking?
(a) His fear and grief.
(b) His loneliness.
(c) His sense of not belonging.
(d) His serious nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to wake Musgrave from his nightmare?
2. Who does Musgrave say they never found?
3. Who does the parson say people are serving if they serve in the army?
4. What is Attercliffe doing while Hurst beats his drum?
5. What does the Bargee fetch for Annie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)