|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What represents love in Attercliffe's song?
(a) A bloody rabbit.
(b) Apple blosson.
(c) A dead deer.
(d) The seed of an apple.
2. What does Musgrave say to Mrs. Hitchcock when she sees all the blood?
(a) Take Annie away.
(b) Ask no questions.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Clean it up.
3. What does Musgrave shout out at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To the death.
(b) Onwards Christian soldiers.
(d) God save the Queen.
4. What instrument does Hurst play in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The saxophone.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The drums.
(d) The harmonica.
5. Whose opinion does Musgrave ask for in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The bargees's
(d) The mayor's.
6. What two people does Musgrave say he wants to kill first?
(a) Annie and Mrs. Hitchcock.
(b) The mayor and the parson.
(c) The bargee and the slow collier.
(d) The constable and Walsh.
7. Who does Musgrave say the dead soldier was killed by?
(b) Anti-war subversives.
(d) Anti-British subversives.
8. What does Attercliff tell Musgrave they will be hung higher than?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Oak trees.
(c) Sky scrapers.
9. Who does the constable say he has called in?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The Territory Army.
(c) The Salvation Army.
10. Why does the Bargee say people are trying to get into the coach house?
(a) To hold prisoners.
(b) To steal the soldiers' gear.
(c) To build a barracks.
(d) To set it alight.
11. What happens to Musgrave when he counts down to one?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He runs for the window.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He ducks under the bed.
12. What does the Bargee get the crown to do at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Give speeches.
(b) Boo Musgrave.
(c) Go home.
13. What does Musgrave urge Annie to tell the crowd?
(a) How it feels to corrupt men.
(b) How it feels to lose Billy.
(c) How it feels to love one's child.
(d) How it feels to be on the verge of death.
14. Where does Musgrave order Hurst and Attercliffe to take Sparky's body?
(a) The river.
(b) The yard.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The lake.
15. What are the soldiers' boxes draped with?
(a) Army uniform and ribbon.
(b) Garbage bags and bed sheets.
(c) Coats and string.
(d) Flags and rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock bring for Musgrave?
2. What does Annie tell Sparky about?
3. Whose bones are on the flagpole?
4. Who enters the stage after the constable?
5. What does Walsh tell Musgrave and his men to do?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)