|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) The church.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
(c) Sparky's restaurant.
(d) The army barracks.
2. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A love song.
(b) A religious song.
(c) A war song.
(d) A mocking song.
3. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The argument with the baker.
(b) The shop keeper's strike.
(c) The argument with the butcher.
(d) The coal miner's strike.
4. Who tells the soldiers it is time to close?
(b) The Bargee.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) The parson.
5. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) An extramarital affair.
(b) School days.
(c) Tree climbing.
6. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(a) The sea.
7. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(b) The Queen's.
(c) The King's.
(d) The people's.
8. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(d) The army.
9. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
(a) A card trick.
(b) A money trick.
(c) A drink trick.
(d) A paper trick.
10. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(b) A telephone.
11. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
12. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
13. What does Musgrave describe their mission as?
(a) The Christian's duty.
(b) The deserter's duty.
(c) The free man's duty.
(d) The people's duty.
14. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The ferryman.
(b) The bargee.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The captain.
15. Who does Annie flirt with?
(d) The bargee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
2. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
3. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
4. What is the name of the pub landlady?
5. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)