|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) Army life.
2. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
(c) The government.
3. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
4. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A churchyard.
(b) A courtyard.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A fair.
5. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The church.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stable.
6. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(c) Stay in the town.
(d) Drink until midnight.
7. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(b) A telephone.
8. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The strike.
(b) The women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The town.
9. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
10. What is the name of the pub landlady?
(a) Fran Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) Mrs. Davison.
(d) Janet Yearly.
11. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(c) The sea.
12. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
(a) The parson.
(b) The colliers.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Billy Hicks.
13. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(b) The Bargee.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In the coach house.
(d) In the back room.
15. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
(b) Sparky's restaurant.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
2. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
3. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
4. Who are the characters waiting for?
5. What does Attercliffe report to Musgrave?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)