|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
2. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
(a) The church.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stable.
3. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(b) Tree climbing.
(c) An extramarital affair.
(d) School days.
4. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
(a) Gold mining.
(b) Steel mining.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Coal mining.
5. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Charming and polite.
(b) Ugly and loud.
(c) Uncouth and drunk.
(d) Funny and gentlemenly.
6. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A ride.
(c) A walk.
7. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
8. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
9. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
10. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) Jake Scar.
(b) Crooked Joe.
(c) Dirty Joe.
(d) One-eyed Jake.
11. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
(a) Annie has hurt her hand.
(b) Annie is breast feeding.
(c) Annie is crying.
(d) Annie has gone to the toilet.
12. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Investigate the town.
(b) Leave the town.
(c) Find some fire wood.
(d) Bring in the weapons.
13. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(b) Sleep the night.
(c) Protect the town.
(d) Stop the strike.
14. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(c) The sea.
15. What instrument does the Bargee play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
3. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
4. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
5. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)