|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(c) The bargees.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
2. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
3. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bar.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The stables.
4. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To get into bed.
(b) To go away.
(c) To get undressed.
(d) To make tea.
5. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
6. Who tells Bargee to calm down?
7. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Investigate the town.
(c) Find some fire wood.
(d) Bring in the weapons.
8. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Funny and gentlemenly.
(b) Uncouth and drunk.
(c) Ugly and loud.
(d) Charming and polite.
9. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
(a) The parson.
(b) Billy Hicks.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The colliers.
10. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
(a) Billy Hicks.
(b) Jackson Jones.
(c) Rob Jones.
(d) David Hirst.
11. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The shop keeper's strike.
(b) The argument with the butcher.
(c) The coal miner's strike.
(d) The argument with the baker.
12. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
13. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(a) The King's.
(b) The people's.
(d) The Queen's.
14. What instrument does the Bargee play?
15. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The strike.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
2. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
3. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
4. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
5. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)