|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Constable say the town needs?
2. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
3. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
(d) A distraction.
4. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) Sparky's restaurant.
(b) The church.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) An albino boy.
(b) A yellow-feathered bird.
(c) A yellow-haired boy.
(d) A black crow.
6. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
7. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(b) The sea.
8. Who are the characters waiting for?
(a) White Frank Davies.
(b) Red Tom Regan.
(c) Black Jack Musgrave.
(d) Purple Pete Pants.
9. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
(a) A drink trick.
(b) A paper trick.
(c) A card trick.
(d) A money trick.
10. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In the back room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the coach house.
11. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Gold mining.
(c) Diamond mining.
(d) Steel mining.
12. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
(a) Loads his gun.
(b) Goes to visit Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) Blows out his candle.
13. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(b) The Mayor.
(d) The Parson.
14. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(c) Army life.
15. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The church.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
2. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
5. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)