|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The slow collier and the pugnacious collier.
(b) Sparky and Hurst.
(c) Musgrave and Walsh.
(d) The bargee and Crooked Joe.
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A yellow-haired boy.
(b) A yellow-feathered bird.
(c) An albino boy.
(d) A black crow.
3. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
4. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(b) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
(d) A distraction.
5. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
(b) The government.
6. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(a) A telephone.
7. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
(a) A drink trick.
(b) A paper trick.
(c) A card trick.
(d) A money trick.
8. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(d) The army.
9. Where has Hurst spent time alone?
(a) The riverbank.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) The caves.
(d) The beach.
10. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Stay in the town.
(d) Drink until midnight.
11. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) Their mothers.
12. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A fair.
(c) A courtyard.
(d) A churchyard.
13. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The women.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The town.
(d) The strike.
15. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
(b) Blows out his candle.
(c) Loads his gun.
(d) Goes to visit Mrs. Hitchcock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
2. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
3. Who tells Bargee to calm down?
4. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
5. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)