|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A church.
(b) A pub.
(c) A hostel.
(d) A hotel.
2. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(a) The strike.
(b) Her money troubles.
(d) Her sons.
3. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
4. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(b) A telephone.
5. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
6. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
(a) Their need for discipline.
(b) Their purpose.
(c) Their need for God.
(d) Their families.
7. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
8. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
9. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(a) The King's.
(b) The people's.
(c) The Queen's.
10. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The bar.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
11. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Prince.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The King.
12. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
13. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The strike.
(b) The women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The town.
14. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(b) The Parson.
(d) The Mayor.
15. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
2. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
3. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
5. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)