|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
(d) The people.
2. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(b) A ride.
(c) A walk.
(d) A spoon.
3. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
(a) So they make Sparky jealous.
(b) So they will both be warm.
(c) So they can wake up the neighborhood.
(d) So they can have fun.
4. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Queen's.
(c) The people's.
5. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
(a) The parson.
(b) The colliers.
(c) Billy Hicks.
(d) The mayor.
6. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the coach house.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the back room.
7. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are on the run.
(b) They are soldiers.
(c) They have no money.
(d) They are men.
8. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
9. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
(a) When their leave ends.
(b) When they can go back to their families.
(c) How much food they have left.
(d) What he has planned.
10. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(c) Army life.
11. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The argument with the butcher.
(b) The coal miner's strike.
(c) The shop keeper's strike.
(d) The argument with the baker.
12. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The strike.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The town.
(d) The women.
13. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(b) The Bargee.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) The church.
(b) The army barracks.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
(d) Sparky's restaurant.
15. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The animal collier.
(b) The humorous collier.
(c) The melancholic collier.
(d) The pugnacious collier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
2. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
3. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
4. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
5. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)