|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
(a) Steel mining.
(b) Coal mining.
(c) Gold mining.
(d) Diamond mining.
2. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are soldiers.
(b) They are on the run.
(c) They are men.
(d) They have no money.
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) An albino boy.
(b) A black crow.
(c) A yellow-feathered bird.
(d) A yellow-haired boy.
4. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The stables.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bar.
5. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
(a) A machine gun.
(b) A Winchester.
(c) A Magnum.
(d) A Gatling.
6. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A gun.
(c) A key to the town.
(d) A badge.
7. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The pub.
(d) Musgrave's tent.
8. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
9. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
(a) So they can wake up the neighborhood.
(b) So they make Sparky jealous.
(c) So they will both be warm.
(d) So they can have fun.
10. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
(a) Their need for God.
(b) Their purpose.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their need for discipline.
11. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
12. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A brother.
(b) A real man.
(c) A monk.
(d) A friend.
13. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
(a) A donkey tail.
(b) A noose.
(c) An angel wing.
(d) A whip.
14. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Cold and bleak.
(b) Grey and windy.
(c) Warm and cloudless.
(d) Rainy and freezing.
15. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A war song.
(b) A religious song.
(c) A mocking song.
(d) A love song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
2. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
3. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
4. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
5. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)