|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(c) The sea.
2. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
3. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(a) The Bargee.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
4. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
(a) A Winchester.
(b) An AK 49.
(c) A Worthington.
(d) A Gatling.
5. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The town.
(b) The women.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The strike.
6. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The captain.
(b) The ferryman.
(c) The bargee.
(d) The second mate.
7. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Grey and windy.
(b) Warm and cloudless.
(c) Cold and bleak.
(d) Rainy and freezing.
8. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
9. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A yellow-haired boy.
(b) A black crow.
(c) An albino boy.
(d) A yellow-feathered bird.
10. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(b) Stay in the town.
(c) Drink until midnight.
11. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A monk.
(b) A friend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A real man.
12. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The church.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The strike.
13. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
14. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A war song.
(b) A religious song.
(c) A love song.
(d) A mocking song.
15. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The church.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
2. What does Sparky sing a song about?
3. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
4. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
5. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)