|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
(a) Annie has hurt her hand.
(b) Annie has gone to the toilet.
(c) Annie is crying.
(d) Annie is breast feeding.
2. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
(a) The people.
3. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Rainy and freezing.
(b) Warm and cloudless.
(c) Grey and windy.
(d) Cold and bleak.
4. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
5. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A gong.
(d) A drum.
6. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(d) The bargees.
7. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
(d) A distraction.
8. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(c) The sea.
9. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
(a) Men who who have no education.
(b) Men who have families.
(c) Men who have been forced to join.
(d) Men who are miserable.
10. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
(a) God's joy.
(b) God's love.
(c) God's word.
(d) God's soul.
11. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The strike.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The church.
(d) The Queen.
12. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the men on strike are destroying?
(a) The town's and her own reputation.
(b) Children and families.
(c) Business and the town.
(d) Tourism and women.
13. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
(a) Her Majesty.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) The Parson.
(d) The Colonel.
14. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(b) A telephone.
15. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
(a) An AK 49.
(b) A Worthington.
(c) A Gatling.
(d) A Winchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
2. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
4. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
5. What instrument does the Bargee play?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)