|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The poverty.
(b) The strike.
(c) The women.
(d) The town.
2. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) Tree climbing.
(b) School days.
(d) An extramarital affair.
3. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
(a) Her Majesty.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Parson.
4. Who tells the soldiers it is time to close?
(a) The Bargee.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) The parson.
5. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
(a) The government.
6. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
7. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) One-eyed Jake.
(b) Dirty Joe.
(c) Jake Scar.
(d) Crooked Joe.
8. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Charming and polite.
(b) Funny and gentlemenly.
(c) Ugly and loud.
(d) Uncouth and drunk.
9. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
10. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A spoon.
(c) A walk.
(d) A ride.
11. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) Army life.
12. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(a) The King's castle.
(b) The war.
13. What does Musgrave describe their mission as?
(a) The people's duty.
(b) The deserter's duty.
(c) The free man's duty.
(d) The Christian's duty.
14. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Bring in the weapons.
(b) Leave the town.
(c) Investigate the town.
(d) Find some fire wood.
15. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
2. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
3. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)