|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does the Bargee play?
2. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(b) The army.
3. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
(a) Steel mining.
(b) Diamond mining.
(c) Gold mining.
(d) Coal mining.
4. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The drunkards.
(b) The strikers.
(c) The delinquents.
(d) The teenagers.
5. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A war song.
(b) A love song.
(c) A religious song.
(d) A mocking song.
6. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
7. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(c) The bargees.
8. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(c) The war.
(d) The King's castle.
9. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
(a) A Winchester.
(b) A Gatling.
(c) An AK 49.
(d) A Worthington.
10. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To go away.
(b) To get undressed.
(c) To make tea.
(d) To get into bed.
11. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
(a) David Hirst.
(b) Jackson Jones.
(c) Rob Jones.
(d) Billy Hicks.
12. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
(a) The Wharf.
(b) The moat.
(c) The bar.
(d) The harbor.
13. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
14. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) The church.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) Sparky's restaurant.
15. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
2. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
3. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
4. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
5. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)