|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A distraction.
(c) A battle.
(d) A wedding.
2. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
(a) A Gatling.
(b) An AK 49.
(c) A Worthington.
(d) A Winchester.
3. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A Gatling.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) A Winchester.
4. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the coach house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the back room.
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(a) The strike.
(b) Her money troubles.
(d) Her sons.
6. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A gun.
(c) A key to the town.
(d) A badge.
7. What does Spark come into the bar to ask for?
(b) A telephone.
8. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A real man.
(b) A monk.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
9. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
10. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Charming and polite.
(b) Uncouth and drunk.
(c) Ugly and loud.
(d) Funny and gentlemenly.
11. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
12. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
13. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The animal collier.
(b) The humorous collier.
(c) The pugnacious collier.
(d) The melancholic collier.
14. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) The church.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) Sparky's restaurant.
15. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To make tea.
(b) To get into bed.
(c) To get undressed.
(d) To go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
2. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
3. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
4. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
5. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)