Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
2. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Stay in the town.
(b) Drink until midnight.
3. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(c) The Parson.
(d) The Mayor.
4. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The women.
(b) The strike.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The town.
5. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A friend.
(b) A real man.
(c) A monk.
(d) A brother.
6. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
(a) The bar.
(b) The moat.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The Wharf.
7. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
(a) Their need for God.
(b) Their purpose.
(c) Their families.
(d) Their need for discipline.
8. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The stables.
(b) The bar.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The kitchen.
9. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A hostel.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A pub.
(d) A church.
10. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
(a) When their leave ends.
(b) When they can go back to their families.
(c) What he has planned.
(d) How much food they have left.
11. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
(a) God's word.
(b) God's love.
(c) God's soul.
(d) God's joy.
12. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(a) Stop the strike.
(b) Protect the town.
(d) Sleep the night.
13. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The strike.
(d) The church.
15. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are soldiers.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are on the run.
(d) They are men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
2. Who does Annie flirt with?
3. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
4. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
5. What does Sparky sing a song about?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)