|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The King.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
2. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
(a) Government officials.
(b) War songs.
(c) Military drills.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
3. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) An extramarital affair.
(c) School days.
(d) Tree climbing.
4. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A war song.
(b) A religious song.
(c) A love song.
(d) A mocking song.
5. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A ride.
(d) A walk.
6. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The strike.
(d) The church.
7. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(b) The strike.
(c) Her money troubles.
(d) Her sons.
8. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(b) The war.
(c) The King's castle.
9. What is the name of the pub landlady?
(a) Mrs. Davison.
(b) Janet Yearly.
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) Fran Jackson.
10. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
(d) The government.
11. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
12. What does Annie refer to herself as?
(a) A fun lay.
(b) A soldier's whore.
(c) A great prostitute.
(d) A bits and pieces gal.
13. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The strikers.
(b) The teenagers.
(c) The drunkards.
(d) The delinquents.
15. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
(a) David Hirst.
(b) Billy Hicks.
(c) Rob Jones.
(d) Jackson Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
2. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
3. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
4. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
5. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)