|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
(a) Sparky's restaurant.
(b) The church.
(c) The army barracks.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's bar.
2. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
(a) The Mayor.
(c) The Parson.
3. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
(a) God's word.
(b) God's soul.
(c) God's joy.
(d) God's love.
4. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(b) A gun.
(c) A badge.
(d) A key to the town.
5. What does the Parson presume the soldiers are there to do?
(a) Protect the town.
(b) Break the strike.
(c) Have fun.
6. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
7. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
8. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A wedding.
(c) A battle.
(d) A distraction.
9. How does Musgrave tell the soldiers to act in the pub?
(a) Charming and polite.
(b) Uncouth and drunk.
(c) Ugly and loud.
(d) Funny and gentlemenly.
10. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A fair.
(b) A churchyard.
(c) A courtyard.
(d) A hotel room.
11. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Investigate the town.
(c) Bring in the weapons.
(d) Find some fire wood.
12. Who tells the soldiers it is time to close?
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) The parson.
(d) The Bargee.
13. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(a) The people's.
(c) The King's.
(d) The Queen's.
14. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
(a) The colliers.
(b) Billy Hicks.
(c) The parson.
(d) The mayor.
15. Which two characters get into a fight in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Musgrave and Walsh.
(b) The slow collier and the pugnacious collier.
(c) The bargee and Crooked Joe.
(d) Sparky and Hurst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
2. What does Annie refer to herself as?
3. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
4. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
5. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)