|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(a) A key to the town.
(b) A badge.
(d) A gun.
2. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(b) Protect the town.
(c) Sleep the night.
(d) Stop the strike.
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A black crow.
(b) An albino boy.
(c) A yellow-feathered bird.
(d) A yellow-haired boy.
4. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(b) The war.
(d) The King's castle.
5. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) The bargees.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
6. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are soldiers.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are on the run.
(d) They are men.
7. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To go away.
(b) To make tea.
(c) To get undressed.
(d) To get into bed.
8. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the back room.
(b) In the coach house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the barn.
9. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
10. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
(a) Billy Hicks.
(b) Jackson Jones.
(c) David Hirst.
(d) Rob Jones.
11. Where do Sparky, Hurst and Attercliffe wait?
(a) The Wharf.
(b) The bar.
(c) The moat.
(d) The harbor.
12. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(b) Stay in the town.
(c) Drink until midnight.
13. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A fair.
(b) A churchyard.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A courtyard.
14. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
15. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
2. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
3. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
4. Who does Musgrave say the soldiers have come to expose?
5. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)