|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(b) Protect the town.
(c) Stop the strike.
(d) Sleep the night.
2. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The church.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The strike.
3. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the coach house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the back room.
4. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The humorous collier.
(b) The pugnacious collier.
(c) The melancholic collier.
(d) The animal collier.
5. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
6. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
7. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(a) The sea.
8. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(c) The Bargee.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
9. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
10. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A walk.
(b) A ride.
(d) A spoon.
11. Who tells the soldiers it is time to close?
(a) The parson.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) The Bargee.
12. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
(a) God's soul.
(b) God's word.
(c) God's joy.
(d) God's love.
13. Where is Act 1. Scene 3 set?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A churchyard.
(c) A courtyard.
(d) A fair.
14. What kind of song does Annie sing to Musgrave?
(a) A mocking song.
(b) A religious song.
(c) A love song.
(d) A war song.
15. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
2. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
3. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
4. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
5. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)