|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(b) The war.
(d) The King's castle.
2. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) The King.
3. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) Jake Scar.
(b) Dirty Joe.
(c) One-eyed Jake.
(d) Crooked Joe.
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) Tree climbing.
(b) School days.
(d) An extramarital affair.
5. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
(a) Military drills.
(b) Government officials.
(c) War songs.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
6. What does Annie refer to herself as?
(a) A great prostitute.
(b) A bits and pieces gal.
(c) A fun lay.
(d) A soldier's whore.
7. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bar.
(c) The stables.
(d) The hallway.
8. Why does Mrs. Hitchcock have to pour the drinks herself?
(a) Annie has hurt her hand.
(b) Annie is crying.
(c) Annie has gone to the toilet.
(d) Annie is breast feeding.
9. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The teenagers.
(b) The drunkards.
(c) The delinquents.
(d) The strikers.
10. What is the name of the pub landlady?
(a) Fran Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(c) Janet Yearly.
(d) Mrs. Davison.
11. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A distraction.
(d) A battle.
12. What does Hurst tell Musgrave is not enough for what they need to do?
13. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
14. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The women.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The strike.
(d) The town.
15. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
2. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
3. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
4. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
5. What does Sparky sing a song about?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)