|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
2. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A friend.
(b) A real man.
(c) A monk.
(d) A brother.
3. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
(a) Loads his gun.
(c) Goes to visit Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) Blows out his candle.
4. Whose business does Sparky say they are on?
(a) The King's.
(b) The people's.
(c) The Queen's.
5. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Rainy and freezing.
(b) Warm and cloudless.
(c) Cold and bleak.
(d) Grey and windy.
6. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A ride.
(d) A walk.
7. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(a) The sea.
8. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
(b) Protect the town.
(c) Stop the strike.
(d) Sleep the night.
9. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
10. What kind of trick does Sparky show Annie?
(a) A card trick.
(b) A money trick.
(c) A drink trick.
(d) A paper trick.
11. Who does the slow collier dance with?
(a) The animal collier.
(b) The humorous collier.
(c) The pugnacious collier.
(d) The melancholic collier.
12. What does the Parson presume the soldiers are there to do?
(a) Protect the town.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Break the strike.
13. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(c) Army life.
14. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
15. What does Musgrave insist he and Walsh are?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the collier Musgrave collides with as he leaves the bar?
2. Where does Musgrave invite the colliers?
3. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
4. What does Sparky sing a song about?
5. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)