|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A hostel.
(c) A pub.
(d) A church.
2. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(b) The bargees.
3. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
4. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) Musgrave's tent.
(c) The pub.
(d) The courtyard.
6. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A black crow.
(b) A yellow-feathered bird.
(c) An albino boy.
(d) A yellow-haired boy.
7. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The argument with the butcher.
(b) The argument with the baker.
(c) The shop keeper's strike.
(d) The coal miner's strike.
8. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
9. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock ask to pour the Bargee's drink?
10. Who are the characters waiting for?
(a) Red Tom Regan.
(b) White Frank Davies.
(c) Purple Pete Pants.
(d) Black Jack Musgrave.
11. What does the Constable say the town needs?
12. What does the Bargee say the weather is like in the north country?
(a) Cold and bleak.
(b) Warm and cloudless.
(c) Grey and windy.
(d) Rainy and freezing.
13. What instrument does the Bargee play?
14. What does Musgrave say they are in the company of?
(a) God's word.
(b) God's love.
(c) God's soul.
(d) God's joy.
15. Who does the Bargee say is in town?
(a) One-eyed Jake.
(b) Dirty Joe.
(c) Jake Scar.
(d) Crooked Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
2. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
3. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
4. What does Musgrave want to purify the town of?
5. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)