|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
(a) The Parson.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) Her Majesty.
(d) The Mayor.
2. What does Musgrave say Walsh has to do to see the truth?
3. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To make tea.
(b) To get undressed.
(c) To get into bed.
(d) To go away.
4. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) The Prince.
5. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(c) The Bargee.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock.
6. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the back room.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In the coach house.
(d) In the barn.
7. Who does Hurst have coming to visit him?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
8. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
(a) A trombone.
(b) A drum.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A gong.
9. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
(a) A Gatling.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A Magnum.
(d) A Winchester.
10. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
11. What do the Bargee and the two colliers mock?
(a) Military drills.
(b) Government officials.
(c) War songs.
(d) Religious ceremonies.
12. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
13. Who are the characters waiting for?
(a) Purple Pete Pants.
(b) Red Tom Regan.
(c) White Frank Davies.
(d) Black Jack Musgrave.
14. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
15. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
(a) A donkey tail.
(b) A whip.
(c) An angel wing.
(d) A noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
2. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
3. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
4. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)