|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock say the men on strike are destroying?
(a) Tourism and women.
(b) Business and the town.
(c) The town's and her own reputation.
(d) Children and families.
2. What kind of gun does the Bargee say he can get Walsh?
(a) A Gatling.
(b) A Magnum.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) A Winchester.
3. What does Hurst remind Musgrave?
(a) They are on the run.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are soldiers.
(d) They are men.
4. What do the colliers tell the soldiers is their business?
(a) The town.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The women.
(d) The strike.
5. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
(a) The stable.
(b) The church.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The kitchen.
6. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A real man.
(b) A brother.
(c) A friend.
(d) A monk.
7. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(a) The war.
(d) The King's castle.
8. What do Hurst and Attercliffe play as they wait?
9. What does the Constable say the town needs?
10. What does the Parson presume the soldiers are there to do?
(a) Break the strike.
(b) Protect the town.
(d) Have fun.
11. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Drink until midnight.
(d) Stay in the town.
12. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(a) Her sons.
(c) The strike.
(d) Her money troubles.
13. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) The King.
14. What instrument announces the soldiers' arrival?
(a) A gong.
(b) A trombone.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A drum.
15. What does Musgrave do as Sparky undresses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
2. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
3. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
4. What does Annie say soldiers are good for?
5. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)