|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
2. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
(b) The bargees.
3. What does Annie say soldiers are good for dropping into?
(d) The sea.
4. Who arrives to take the soldiers' crates up the canal?
(a) The second mate.
(b) The ferryman.
(c) The captain.
(d) The bargee.
5. Where does Sparky joke the soldiers beds have been made up?
(a) The stable.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The church.
6. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(c) The war.
(d) The King's castle.
7. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(b) The strike.
(c) Her money troubles.
(d) Her sons.
8. What does the Mayor discuss with the Parson?
(a) The church.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The strike.
(d) The soldiers.
9. What does Hurst tell Annie to do when she moves towards him?
(a) To go away.
(b) To get into bed.
(c) To get undressed.
(d) To make tea.
10. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The teenagers.
(b) The delinquents.
(c) The strikers.
(d) The drunkards.
11. What kind of men does Musgrave say he does not want to sign up?
(a) Men who have families.
(b) Men who are miserable.
(c) Men who have been forced to join.
(d) Men who who have no education.
12. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
13. What does the Mayor give Musgrave permission to do?
(a) Drink until midnight.
(d) Stay in the town.
14. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
(a) A donkey tail.
(b) An angel wing.
(c) A noose.
(d) A whip.
15. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) Their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sparky sing a song about?
2. What reason does Annie give Hurst for coming?
3. How does Walsh refer to his friends in the bar?
4. What does Attercliffe tell Musgrave they have a right to know?
5. What kind of gun does Attercliffe say is loaded?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)