|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Billy Hicks have a relationship with?
(a) Mrs. Hitchcock.
2. What does the Mayor say every recruit will receive?
(b) A gun.
(c) A key to the town.
(d) A badge.
3. What does Sparky invite Annie for?
(a) A walk.
(b) A ride.
(c) A spoon.
4. Where do Attecliffe, Sparky and Hurst have to sleep?
(a) The bar.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
(c) Mrs. Hitchcock.
(d) The Bargee.
6. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A distraction.
(c) A battle.
7. What does Sparky sing a song about?
(a) Tree climbing.
(b) An extramarital affair.
(c) School days.
8. What does the Parson say soldiers should serve with?
9. In what does Mrs. Hitchcock try to convince the parson to intervene?
(a) The argument with the butcher.
(b) The argument with the baker.
(c) The shop keeper's strike.
(d) The coal miner's strike.
10. Who does Annie flirt with?
(c) The bargee.
11. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Colonel.
(c) The Parson.
(d) Her Majesty.
12. Where did the yellow-haired boy go off to?
(a) The war.
(b) The King's castle.
13. What does the pugnacious collier say Musgrave is in spite of having stripes?
(a) A monk.
(b) A brother.
(c) A friend.
(d) A real man.
14. What does Musgrave tell his soldiers they all are?
15. What does Musgrave say the soldiers' only right is swinging from the end of?
(a) A whip.
(b) A donkey tail.
(c) A noose.
(d) An angel wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Musgrave tell Mrs. Hitchcock not to mention to the other soldiers?
2. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
3. What does the Bargee say the soldiers have come to do?
4. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
5. Who tells the soldiers it is time to close?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)