|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hitchcock tell the soldiers about?
(a) The strike.
(b) Her sons.
(c) Her money troubles.
2. Who does Sparky say will pay for the rooms?
(a) The Parson.
(b) Her Majesty.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The Colonel.
3. Where does Musgrave say his power comes from?
(b) The people.
4. Who does Parson hope the soldiers will recruit?
(a) The teenagers.
(b) The strikers.
(c) The drunkards.
(d) The delinquents.
5. What does Mrs. Hitchcock sing a song about?
(a) A yellow-feathered bird.
(b) An albino boy.
(c) A black crow.
(d) A yellow-haired boy.
6. What does Musgrave do when Annie arrives?
(a) Goes to visit Mrs. Hitchcock.
(b) Loads his gun.
(d) Blows out his candle.
7. Where do the soldiers put all their things?
(a) In the coach house.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the back room.
(d) In the shed.
8. What does Musgrave order his soldiers to do?
(a) Find some fire wood.
(b) Investigate the town.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Bring in the weapons.
9. What does Attercliff say they have to expose the corruption of?
10. Whose room do Spark and Hurst see light coming from?
(b) The bargees.
(d) Mrs. Hitchcock's.
11. What does the Mayor plan to use the soldiers for?
(a) A battle.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A distraction.
12. What does the Parson think will begin now that the soldiers are in town?
13. What does the Mayor say they will try if his idea fails?
(b) The government.
14. What does the Bargee whisper as Musgrave leaves?
15. What does Musgrave's long speech remind the soldiers of?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their need for discipline.
(c) Their need for God.
(d) Their purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main industry in the part of the country the soldiers are visiting?
2. Who does Sparky say was his friend?
3. Who do the soldiers and Mrs. Hitchcock drink a toast to?
4. What is the name of the pub landlady?
5. Who tells the Parson the soldiers have arrived?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)