|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the boys fetch to give first aid to Finny?
(a) The wrestling coach
2. Who sends Gene a note to gather Finny's things?
(a) Dr. Stanpole
(b) Dr. Carhart
3. What happened to cause #166?
(a) His heart stopped
(b) The x-ray machine was broken
(c) The break worked in Finny's favor
(d) Finny needed more care
4. What happens to Finny as he leaves the room?
(a) He falls down the marble staircase
(b) He curses Gene
(c) He runs into Leper
(d) He kills himself
5. What is Finny doing when Gene finds him?
(b) Building a snowman
(d) Fighting in a snowball fight
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Gene do in response to #166?
2. Where does Leper guide Gene once he arrives?
3. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
4. What is Finny wearing now?
5. Who else decides they want to enlist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
2. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
3. Why does Finny suddenly begin to believe that the war is real?
4. What was the result of Finny's accident this time?
5. How does Finny response when Gene sneaks in to visit him?
6. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
7. What eventually happens when the boys realize what Finny is doing in #49?
8. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
9. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
10. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)