|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Finny as he leaves the room?
(a) He falls down the marble staircase
(b) He runs into Leper
(c) He kills himself
(d) He curses Gene
2. What, at first, does Gene conclude that Leper has done?
(a) Killed someone
(b) Gone mad
(c) Gotten lost
(d) Escaped from the enemy
3. Finny says he can detect conspiracy and others can not because he has ____________.
(b) Witnessed it
(c) Read about it
4. What does Finny say he deplores?
(a) The war
(b) The food
(c) Gene's clothing choice
(d) Gene's attitude
5. Leper insists that Gene must think he is a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene blames Leper's madness on the _______.
2. What does Finny insist must have made Gene bounce the branch that day?
3. What happened to cause #166?
4. Who is ridiculed for wanting to finish school before enlisting?
5. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Leper's explanation for his desertion of the Army?
2. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
3. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
4. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
5. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
6. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
7. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
8. What does Brinker do as a result of Leper's enlistment?
9. What eventually happens when the boys realize what Finny is doing in #49?
10. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)