|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) A Section Eight Discharge
(b) The enemy
(c) Getting killed
(d) Going on a boat
2. Where does Finny want Gene to go with him?
(a) The Far Common
(b) The tree
(c) The gym
(d) The Assembly Room
3. What does Dr. Stanpole plan to do later that day?
(a) Operate on Finny's ankle
(b) Take x-rays
(c) Set the bone
(d) Transport Finny elsewhere
4. Who else decides they want to enlist?
5. What happened to cause #166?
(a) Finny needed more care
(b) His heart stopped
(c) The x-ray machine was broken
(d) The break worked in Finny's favor
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the students at Devon are seeking choices to enlist that yield the smallest amount of _________.
2. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
3. Where does Leper guide Gene once he arrives?
4. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
5. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the secret Christmas Location that Leper refers to?
2. How does Finny response when Gene sneaks in to visit him?
3. What does Brinker do as a result of Leper's enlistment?
4. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
5. What does the cryptic telegram reveal?
6. What does Finny say about the war?
7. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
8. What does Finny do during the snowball fight with Gene and the others?
9. What does Gene realize about Finny as he is being carried away by the others?
10. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)