|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brinker says that Gene might have a _______ in not clearing up the details of Finny's accident.
(b) Good reason
(c) Ulterior motive
(d) Personal stake
2. What is Finny wearing now?
(a) A walking cast
(b) That pink shirt
(c) A green hat
(d) A tie around his leg
3. Gene feels ____ when he trains with Finny.
4. Who is ridiculed for wanting to finish school before enlisting?
5. What are the boys covered in after doing work by the tracks?
(c) Soot and dirt
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Gene when he returns to his dorm room?
2. What happens to Finny as he leaves the room?
3. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
4. Finny admits that he chose not to believe in the war because he couldn't ________ in it.
5. What does Gene not do when he goes with Brinker to the answer to #98?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the students do when Finny falls down the stairs?
2. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
3. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
4. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
5. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
6. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
7. What is Leper's explanation for his desertion of the Army?
8. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
9. What does Finny do during the snowball fight with Gene and the others?
10. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)