|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gene feels ____ when he trains with Finny.
2. Finny admits that war must be real because it drove __________ crazy.
3. What kind of text does Gene read Finny a poor translation of?
4. Who is the writer of the telegram?
5. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Going on a boat
(b) Getting killed
(c) The enemy
(d) A Section Eight Discharge
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
2. Where does Brinker take Gene and Finny?
3. Who is the target of the fight during this chapter, once it's realized he continues to change sides?
4. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
5. What, at first, does Gene conclude that Leper has done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
2. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
3. What does Brinker do as a result of Leper's enlistment?
4. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
5. What does Gene realize about Finny as he is being carried away by the others?
6. What do the students do when Finny falls down the stairs?
7. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
8. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
9. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
10. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)