|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finny admits that he chose not to believe in the war because he couldn't ________ in it.
(b) Understand the motives
(d) Find logic
2. Where is Leper hiding?
(a) In the tree
(c) At the school
3. Where do the students go to smoke?
(a) Butt Room
(b) The tree
(d) The bathroom
4. Finny and Gene say that wouldn't enlist with Brinker if he were ___________'s son.
(a) General MacArthur
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General Patton
5. Most of the students at Devon are seeking choices to enlist that yield the smallest amount of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Finny doing when Gene finds him?
2. Who do the boys fetch to give first aid to Finny?
3. What does Finny say he deplores?
4. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
5. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Finny do during the snowball fight with Gene and the others?
2. What does Gene realize about Finny as he is being carried away by the others?
3. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
4. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
5. What was the result of Finny's accident this time?
6. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
7. What does Finny say about the war?
8. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
9. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
10. What do the students do when Finny falls down the stairs?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)