|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
(a) Strangle Gene
(b) Kill himself
(c) Go to war
(d) Tell the others about Gene
2. What do Gene and the others do to help the troops?
(a) Shovel snow from the railroad tracks
(b) Ration their food
(c) Build new railroad tracks
(d) Cut down on gas usage
3. Where do the students go to smoke?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The tree
(d) Butt Room
4. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Going on a boat
(b) Getting killed
(c) The enemy
(d) A Section Eight Discharge
5. Who interrupts one of Gene's training sessions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leper guide Gene once he arrives?
2. What does the doctor reveal later to Gene?
3. Where is Leper standing as Gene leaves?
4. How many chin-ups is Gene told to do?
5. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
2. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
3. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
4. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
5. What was the result of Finny's accident this time?
6. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
7. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
8. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
9. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
10. Where is the secret Christmas Location that Leper refers to?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)