|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the students go to smoke?
(a) Butt Room
(c) The bathroom
(d) The tree
2. Who is the writer of the telegram?
3. Brinker laments that ________ of their class will be unable to participate in the war.
4. Who sends Gene a note to gather Finny's things?
(a) Dr. Carhart
(c) Dr. Stanpole
5. Where has the writer of the cryptic telegram gone?
(a) Assembly Room
(b) Butt Room
(c) Christmas Location
(d) Winter Session
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the boys overpower to dig up a special item?
2. What does Finny decide to throw?
3. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
4. What is Finny also in disbelief about?
5. Who is ridiculed for wanting to finish school before enlisting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Finny suddenly begin to believe that the war is real?
2. How does Finny response when Gene sneaks in to visit him?
3. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
4. What does the cryptic telegram reveal?
5. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
6. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
7. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
8. What does Finny say about the war?
9. What is Leper's explanation for his desertion of the Army?
10. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)