|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the writer of the cryptic telegram gone?
(a) Butt Room
(b) Christmas Location
(c) Assembly Room
(d) Winter Session
2. What is Finny's response to Gene's visit?
3. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
(d) Fall Session
4. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Getting killed
(b) Going on a boat
(c) The enemy
(d) A Section Eight Discharge
5. What does Gene kick over during his argument with Leper?
(a) A chair
(b) A book
(c) A cabinet
(d) A table
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room after the commotion between Gene and Leper?
2. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
3. What happens to Finny as he leaves the room?
4. What are the boys covered in after doing work by the tracks?
5. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Finny suddenly begin to believe that the war is real?
2. What does the cryptic telegram reveal?
3. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
4. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
5. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
6. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
7. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
8. What eventually happens when the boys realize what Finny is doing in #49?
9. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
10. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)