|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leper hiding?
(a) In the tree
(d) At the school
2. Gene blames Leper's madness on the _______.
3. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) The enemy
(b) A Section Eight Discharge
(c) Going on a boat
(d) Getting killed
4. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
5. Finny admits that war must be real because it drove __________ crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of text does Gene read Finny a poor translation of?
2. Who else decides they want to enlist?
3. Where is Leper standing as Gene leaves?
4. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting to do?
5. What happens to Finny as he leaves the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
2. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
3. Describe the scene in the Butt Room.
4. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
5. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
6. What was the result of Finny's accident this time?
7. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
8. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
9. What is Leper's explanation for his desertion of the Army?
10. How does Finny response when Gene sneaks in to visit him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)