|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Finny want Gene to go with him?
(a) The gym
(b) The Far Common
(c) The Assembly Room
(d) The tree
2. Who does Gene spend more time with?
3. What is Finny doing when Gene finds him?
(a) Building a snowman
(c) Fighting in a snowball fight
4. What do Gene and the others do to help the troops?
(a) Build new railroad tracks
(b) Ration their food
(c) Shovel snow from the railroad tracks
(d) Cut down on gas usage
5. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) The enemy
(b) Getting killed
(c) Going on a boat
(d) A Section Eight Discharge
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the writer of the telegram?
2. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
3. What does the doctor reveal later to Gene?
4. Who is accused of being a naturalist?
5. What does Finny say he deplores?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the secret Christmas Location that Leper refers to?
2. What does Finny decide to do in order to pass the time in the winter?
3. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
4. What does Gene note when he is making up Finny's bed for him?
5. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
6. What does Finny do during the snowball fight with Gene and the others?
7. What does the cryptic telegram reveal?
8. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
9. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
10. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)