|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Tell the others about Gene
(c) Go to war
(d) Strangle Gene
2. Where does Finny want Gene to go with him?
(a) The Assembly Room
(b) The gym
(c) The tree
(d) The Far Common
3. Finny admits that war must be real because it drove __________ crazy.
4. What happened to cause #166?
(a) The x-ray machine was broken
(b) Finny needed more care
(c) The break worked in Finny's favor
(d) His heart stopped
5. What is Finny also in disbelief about?
(a) The lack of light
(b) The lack of food
(c) The new rules
(d) The lack of maid service
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room after the commotion between Gene and Leper?
2. Brinker says that Gene might have a _______ in not clearing up the details of Finny's accident.
3. Where is Leper standing as Gene leaves?
4. What does Finny want to train Gene for?
5. What does Gene kick over during his argument with Leper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene realize about Finny as he is being carried away by the others?
2. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
3. What does the cryptic telegram reveal?
4. What does Finny say about the war?
5. Why do the boys ridicule Quackenbush?
6. How does Finny response when Gene sneaks in to visit him?
7. What is Leper's explanation for his desertion of the Army?
8. What do Gene and the other boys volunteer to do to support the war effort?
9. What does Brinker do as a result of Leper's enlistment?
10. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)