|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money do the boys look for to spend on breakfast?
(a) 55 cents
(b) 75 cents
(c) A dollar
(d) 25 cents
2. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
3. How many other boys are with Gene when they go to the tree?
4. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Leper's mom
(b) Gene's mom
(d) Brinker's dad
5. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The world
(b) The beach
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
2. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
3. What does Finny talk Gene into doing before they leave the beach?
4. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
5. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who can not believe that the allies bombed Central Europe?
2. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
3. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
4. What does Gene think is the true reason behind hearing that Leper might be jumping from the branch?
5. Describe the opening scene of Devon when the Fall Session convenes.
6. As Gene and Finny are getting ready to sleep on the beach, what does Finny reveal to Gene?
7. Why does Mr. Prud'homme come into Gene and Finny's room the next morning?
8. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
9. What does Finny decide to do in celebration of the first Allied bombing of Central Europe?
10. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)