|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gene's roommate?
2. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
3. Who jumps into the river first?
4. What does the substitute teacher want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
(a) The recruiter
(b) A test
(c) Their classes
5. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A school tie
(b) A flag
(c) A piece of rope
(d) A boat cord
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Finny's real name?
2. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
3. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
4. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
5. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
2. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
3. What seemed so much larger to Gene, as told by him, when he was younger as opposed to now?
4. What sport does Finny create in order to make up for the appalling sport in #14?
5. What position has Gene volunteered for?
6. What is Finny's mistake that he makes when having tea with the substitute headmaster Mr. Patch-Wilders?
7. Who is the narrator of "A Separate Peace"?
8. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
9. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
10. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)