|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(b) Tried too hard to help him
(c) Made him unsteady
(d) Saved his life
2. Who is Gene's new boss?
3. Where do the boys go when they realize how late they are?
(a) The bar
(b) Their dorm room
(c) A local diner
(d) The beach
4. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
(b) Both boys
(c) No one
5. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The beach
(c) The world
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jumps into the river first?
2. Where does Finny land during the jump?
3. What does Finny do with Gene to make him late?
4. What is Finny's real name?
5. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sport does Finny think is a horrible addition to the summer athletics program?
2. Who is the narrator of "A Separate Peace"?
3. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
4. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
5. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
6. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
7. What does Finny convince Gene they should do before they head back to Devon?
8. What group do the two boys decide to form while they are down by the tree after tea time?
9. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
10. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)