|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
(a) Cleanup in the kitchen
(c) Detention for both
(d) 2 demerits
2. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Keep him bed warm
(b) Be the smartest student
(c) Play sports
(d) Break the school mascot
3. Who is impressed with Gene's hard work?
(a) The headmaster
4. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(b) The world
(d) The beach
5. Who is the one person Finny asked for by name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gene go instead of Devon?
2. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
3. What can Finny still do as a result of the accident?
4. Who opens each meeting of their secret society with jumping from the tree?
5. What is Elwin Lepellier's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene think is the true reason behind hearing that Leper might be jumping from the branch?
2. What does Finny say when Gene asks him what he remembers about the fall?
3. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
4. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
5. What position has Gene volunteered for?
6. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
7. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
8. What does the doctor say about the outcome of Finny's injury?
9. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
10. Who is the narrator of "A Separate Peace"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)