|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny convince Gene to join him on?
(a) A 3 hour bike ride
(b) Playing hooky at the local arcade
(c) A trip to the city
(d) Enlisting in the military
2. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The beach
(b) The world
3. Who says, "You never waste your time"?
4. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Leper's mom
(b) Gene's mom
(c) Brinker's dad
5. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
(a) Mr. Prud'homme
(b) Dr. Stanpole
(c) Mr. Brinker
(d) Mr. Patch-Wilders
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Finny land during the jump?
2. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
3. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
4. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
5. What is the game Finny invents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Prud'homme come into Gene and Finny's room the next morning?
2. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
3. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
4. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
5. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
6. What is Finny's mistake that he makes when having tea with the substitute headmaster Mr. Patch-Wilders?
7. Where is the secret Christmas Location that Leper refers to?
8. Who are the four boys that are with Gene as he stands by the tree?
9. What seemed so much larger to Gene, as told by him, when he was younger as opposed to now?
10. Describe the opening scene of Devon when the Fall Session convenes.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)