|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A school tie
(b) A piece of rope
(c) A flag
(d) A boat cord
2. What does Finny want to do after tea?
(b) Go to bed
(c) Go to the Butt Room
(d) Jump in the river
3. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) The dinner bell rings
(b) A teacher comes to get them
(c) He is embarrassed
(d) He realizes the time
4. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
(a) The tree
(b) The school
(c) The beds
(d) The river
5. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
(a) 10 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
2. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
3. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
4. Who chastises Gene for his summer forbidden activities?
5. Who is Finny's doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brinker say to Gene about his new living situation?
2. Why does Mr. Prud'homme come into Gene and Finny's room the next morning?
3. What does Gene do when Finny expresses his shock and disappointment in the idea of Finny enlisting?
4. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
5. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
6. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
7. What does Gene think is the true reason behind hearing that Leper might be jumping from the branch?
8. What does Finny say about the war?
9. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
10. When the students of Devon are looking at different options for military recruitment, what is guiding their decision?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)