|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny convince Gene to join him on?
(a) Playing hooky at the local arcade
(b) Enlisting in the military
(c) A trip to the city
(d) A 3 hour bike ride
2. Who lives across the hall from Gene?
3. What is Finny's real name?
4. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(a) Saved his life
(b) Tried too hard to help him
(c) Made him unsteady
5. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Keep him bed warm
(b) Be the smartest student
(c) Play sports
(d) Break the school mascot
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gene's roommate?
2. Where do Finny and Gene sleep during their excursion away from school?
3. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
4. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
5. What is Elwin Lepellier's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
2. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
3. What does Finny decide to do in celebration of the first Allied bombing of Central Europe?
4. What is Finny's mistake that he makes when having tea with the substitute headmaster Mr. Patch-Wilders?
5. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
6. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
7. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
8. What does Gene realize about the rivalry between Finny and himself?
9. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
10. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)