|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens each meeting of their secret society with jumping from the tree?
(a) Gene and Finny
(b) Leper and Finny
2. How much money do the boys look for to spend on breakfast?
(a) 25 cents
(b) A dollar
(c) 75 cents
(d) 55 cents
3. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He gets dizzy
(b) He loses his balance
(c) He bounces the branch
(d) He falls
4. What does Finny talk Gene into doing before they leave the beach?
(a) Go to a store
(b) Build a sand castle
(c) Take a swim
(d) Jumping from a tree
5. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gene's main competitor for #59?
2. Who is impressed with Gene's hard work?
3. Where is the school located?
4. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
5. Where do the boys go when they realize how late they are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seemed so much larger to Gene, as told by him, when he was younger as opposed to now?
2. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
3. What sport does Finny create in order to make up for the appalling sport in #14?
4. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
5. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
6. What is Finny's mistake that he makes when having tea with the substitute headmaster Mr. Patch-Wilders?
7. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
8. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
9. What does the doctor say about the outcome of Finny's injury?
10. What is Gene the only witness to?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)