|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of record did Finny break?
2. What does Finny convince Gene to join him on?
(a) Enlisting in the military
(b) Playing hooky at the local arcade
(c) A trip to the city
(d) A 3 hour bike ride
3. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The world
(c) The beach
4. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
5. What does Finny wear in support of the first Allied bombing?
(a) Pink tie
(b) A uniform top
(c) A flag
(d) Pink shirt
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is impressed with Gene's hard work?
2. What does Gene dress in?
3. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
4. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
5. Who is the one person Finny asked for by name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
2. What does Finny convince Gene they should do before they head back to Devon?
3. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
4. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
5. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
6. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
7. As Gene and Finny are getting ready to sleep on the beach, what does Finny reveal to Gene?
8. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
9. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
10. Who can not believe that the allies bombed Central Europe?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)