|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
(a) Finny's mom
(b) Finny's dad
2. Where does Finny land during the jump?
(a) A rock
(b) The water
(c) On Chet
(d) The bank
3. What does Gene almost miss when they return to school?
(a) His trigonometry test
(b) A class
(c) Bed check
(d) His appointment with the headmaster
4. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
(a) A bad feeling
(b) A kind of feeling
(c) A nervous feeling
(d) A twitch
5. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Break the school mascot
(b) Play sports
(c) Keep him bed warm
(d) Be the smartest student
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
2. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
3. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
4. Who is the narrator of this story?
5. Where does Gene have an appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
2. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
3. What is Gene the only witness to?
4. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
5. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
6. What sport does Finny think is a horrible addition to the summer athletics program?
7. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
8. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
9. What does Finny convince Gene they should do before they head back to Devon?
10. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)