|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To be perfect
(b) To beat Finny
(c) To be the valedictorian
(d) To ignore his roommate
2. Does Gene tell anyone about Finny's broken record?
(a) Not for a while
(d) No, but he writes an anonymous letter to the headmaster
3. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He gets dizzy
(b) He bounces the branch
(c) He falls
(d) He loses his balance
4. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
5. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Finny say is his best friend?
2. Where does Gene have an appointment?
3. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
4. What does Finny convince Gene to join him on?
5. What is the game Finny invents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Finny convince Gene they should do before they head back to Devon?
2. What does the doctor say about the outcome of Finny's injury?
3. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
4. What does Gene realize about the rivalry between Finny and himself?
5. Why does Mr. Prud'homme come into Gene and Finny's room the next morning?
6. Describe the opening scene of Devon when the Fall Session convenes.
7. What sport does Finny create in order to make up for the appalling sport in #14?
8. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
9. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
10. What does Finny say when Gene asks him what he remembers about the fall?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)