|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
(a) A kind of feeling
(b) A nervous feeling
(c) A bad feeling
(d) A twitch
2. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
(a) 2 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 years
3. What does Finny declare he doesn't believe?
(a) That Gene can jump again.
(b) That Gene is his friend.
(c) That the Allies bombed Central Europe.
(d) That school is necessary.
4. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(a) Made him unsteady
(b) Tried too hard to help him
(c) Saved his life
5. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys go when they realize how late they are?
2. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
3. Who opens each meeting of their secret society with jumping from the tree?
4. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
5. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
2. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
3. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
4. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
5. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
6. What does Gene realize about the rivalry between Finny and himself?
7. Why does Mr. Prud'homme come into Gene and Finny's room the next morning?
8. What group do the two boys decide to form while they are down by the tree after tea time?
9. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
10. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)