|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
2. Who is the one person Finny asked for by name?
3. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
(a) No one
4. Who says, "You never waste your time"?
5. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
(a) Shocked expression
(c) Pink shirt
(d) School tie
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gene say that answer to #21 makes Finny look like?
2. Where does Gene leap after Finny falls?
3. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
4. What is the game Finny invents?
5. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Finny suddenly begin to believe that the war is real?
2. What does Gene conclude about Leper's admittance that he escaped?
3. What does the doctor say about the outcome of Finny's injury?
4. What group do the two boys decide to form while they are down by the tree after tea time?
5. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
6. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
7. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
8. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
9. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
10. What is donated to the war effort by Devon?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)