|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
(a) A kind of feeling
(b) A twitch
(c) A nervous feeling
(d) A bad feeling
2. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
(a) Finny's mom
(d) Finny's dad
3. What kind of record did Finny break?
4. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) The tea
(b) A flag
(c) His tie
(d) Skipping class
5. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
(a) Try out for a sport
(b) Enlist in the army
(c) Quit school
(d) Jump from the branch
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
2. Where is the school located?
3. Where do the boys go when they realize how late they are?
4. Where does Gene go instead of Devon?
5. What does Finny declare he doesn't believe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
2. What sport does Finny think is a horrible addition to the summer athletics program?
3. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
4. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
5. Describe the opening scene of Devon when the Fall Session convenes.
6. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
7. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
8. What sport does Finny create in order to make up for the appalling sport in #14?
9. Who can not believe that the allies bombed Central Europe?
10. What seemed so much larger to Gene, as told by him, when he was younger as opposed to now?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)