|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(b) Saved his life
(c) Made him unsteady
(d) Tried too hard to help him
2. What is Finny's real name?
3. Who is Gene's main competitor for #59?
4. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
(a) The teachers
(b) The tree
(c) The war
5. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
(a) A bad feeling
(b) A kind of feeling
(c) A twitch
(d) A nervous feeling
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
2. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
3. What is the name of the answer to #30?
4. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
5. What does Finny declare he doesn't believe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Gene describe the tree when he was younger and standing in front of it with other boys?
2. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
3. Who is the narrator of "A Separate Peace"?
4. What does Gene realize about the rivalry between Finny and himself?
5. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
6. Describe the opening scene of Devon when the Fall Session convenes.
7. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
8. What sport does Finny create in order to make up for the appalling sport in #14?
9. What is Gene the only witness to?
10. What does Finny say when Gene asks him what he remembers about the fall?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)