|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Leper's mom
(c) Brinker's dad
(d) Gene's mom
2. Who is impressed with Gene's hard work?
(b) The headmaster
3. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He falls
(b) He bounces the branch
(c) He loses his balance
(d) He gets dizzy
4. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
(b) Biggest fool at Devon
(c) Maimed son of a bitch
(d) Lazy bastard
5. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
2. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. Who shares the room with Gene now?
5. Who is Gene's roommate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
2. What group do the two boys decide to form while they are down by the tree after tea time?
3. As Gene and Finny are getting ready to sleep on the beach, what does Finny reveal to Gene?
4. What position has Gene volunteered for?
5. What does Gene fear Finny is trying to do when Finny tries to waste Gene's time?
6. What does Gene realize about the rivalry between Finny and himself?
7. What is one of the main rules for the secret club that Finny and Gene have created?
8. What does Gene think is the true reason behind hearing that Leper might be jumping from the branch?
9. What does Finny decide to do in celebration of the first Allied bombing of Central Europe?
10. What is Gene the only witness to?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)