|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny finally conclude about the accident?
(a) I should have died
(b) You didn't help me
(c) You pushed me
(d) I just fell
2. Who is the one that tries to explain things to the answer to #19?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) The author
4. Where does Gene leap after Finny falls?
(a) Onto the bank
(b) Into the river
(c) He doesn't
(d) Onto the grass
5. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He gets dizzy
(b) He bounces the branch
(c) He loses his balance
(d) He falls
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
2. How much money do the boys look for to spend on breakfast?
3. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
4. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
5. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
2. What sport does Finny think is a horrible addition to the summer athletics program?
3. What group do the two boys decide to form while they are down by the tree after tea time?
4. What does the doctor say about the outcome of Finny's injury?
5. What does Finny convince Gene to do that is forbidden by the school?
6. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
7. What does Finny say when Gene asks him what he remembers about the fall?
8. What happened to Finny as a result of the fall from the branch?
9. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
10. As Gene and Finny are getting ready to sleep on the beach, what does Finny reveal to Gene?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)