|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finny's doctor?
(a) Doctor Stan'homme
(b) Doctor Stanpole
(c) Doctor Winters
(d) Doctor Stanton
2. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
(a) School tie
(b) Shocked expression
(d) Pink shirt
3. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Leper's mom
(b) Brinker's dad
(c) Gene's mom
4. What does Finny finally conclude about the accident?
(a) I just fell
(b) I should have died
(c) You pushed me
(d) You didn't help me
5. Who does Finny say is his best friend?
(a) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
2. What has happened to Finny as a result of the fall?
3. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
4. Where do Finny and Gene sleep during their excursion away from school?
5. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Gene loses his balance on the branch with Finny?
2. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
3. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
4. What seemed so much larger to Gene, as told by him, when he was younger as opposed to now?
5. Why did people jump from the tree to the river in previous years?
6. What position has Gene volunteered for?
7. What is Gene the only witness to?
8. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
9. What does Gene do one night that leads him to conclude he "will never stumble through the confusions of [his] own character again?"
10. What is Finny's mistake that he makes when having tea with the substitute headmaster Mr. Patch-Wilders?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)