|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is waiting for Gene in the master's study?
(a) Long distance phone call
2. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A piece of rope
(b) A flag
(c) A school tie
(d) A boat cord
3. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
(a) The school
(b) The tree
(c) The river
(d) The beds
4. What position is Gene volunteering for?
(a) Assistant crew manager
(b) Crew Manager
(c) Assistant senior crew manager
(d) Senior crew manager
5. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
(a) Mr. Brinker
(b) Mr. Prud'homme
(c) Dr. Stanpole
(d) Mr. Patch-Wilders
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny want to do after tea?
2. Where does Gene have an appointment?
3. What is Gene's response to #48?
4. Who is Finny's doctor?
5. Who is Gene's main competitor for #59?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Gene is working hard to catch up on his trigonometry, what does Finny accuse him of?
2. What does Gene remember as he pauses near the river on his way to an appointment at the Crew House?
3. What does Gene offer as an explanation for his disheveled appearance when Finny returns?
4. After Gene leaps from the branch into the water, how does Finny respond?
5. What happens when Gene and Finny decide to try another double jump from the branch?
6. When Gene and Leper get into an argument, what does Leper accuse Gene of?
7. What position has Gene volunteered for?
8. Why does Leper decide to enlist in the war?
9. What does Finny convince Gene they should do before they head back to Devon?
10. Compare and contrast Brinker and Leper.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)