|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gene and the others do to help the troops?
(a) Build new railroad tracks
(b) Ration their food
(c) Cut down on gas usage
(d) Shovel snow from the railroad tracks
2. Gene feels ____ when he trains with Finny.
3. Finny admits that he chose not to believe in the war because he couldn't ________ in it.
(a) Understand the motives
(d) Find logic
4. What happened to cause #166?
(a) Finny needed more care
(b) The break worked in Finny's favor
(c) The x-ray machine was broken
(d) His heart stopped
5. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
(c) Fall Session
6. Who do the boys overpower to dig up a special item?
7. How many chin-ups is Gene told to do?
8. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting to do?
(a) Ruin his life
(b) Beat him
(c) Be just like Finny
(d) Break something else
9. Finny and Gene say that wouldn't enlist with Brinker if he were ___________'s son.
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General Patton
(d) General MacArthur
10. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
(a) Strangle Gene
(b) Go to war
(c) Tell the others about Gene
(d) Kill himself
11. Where is Leper hiding?
(a) In the tree
(b) At the school
12. Where does Brinker take Gene and Finny?
(a) Far Common
(b) Assembly Hall
(d) The beach
13. Gene notes that Finny is no uncomfortable with Gene __________ him.
14. What is NOT one of the things the boys do as a result of Finny's idea in #126?
(a) The create snow statues
(b) Build a ski jump
(c) Arrange for prizes
(d) Make snow forts
15. Who is waiting for Gene when he returns to his dorm room?
(b) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the students go to smoke?
2. What, at first, does Gene conclude that Leper has done?
3. Where does Finny want Gene to go with him?
4. What has Brinker assembled in the location answer in #153?
5. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)