|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to enlist, much to the surprise of everyone?
2. What does Finny insist must have made Gene bounce the branch that day?
(a) Blind impulse
3. Who else decides they want to enlist?
4. Where does Finny want Gene to go with him?
(a) The Far Common
(b) The Assembly Room
(c) The gym
(d) The tree
5. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Going on a boat
(b) Getting killed
(c) The enemy
(d) A Section Eight Discharge
6. Who sends Gene a note to gather Finny's things?
(a) Dr. Carhart
(c) Dr. Stanpole
7. Who is the writer of the telegram?
8. Who is the target of the fight during this chapter, once it's realized he continues to change sides?
9. Where does Brinker take Gene and Finny?
(a) The beach
(c) Far Common
(d) Assembly Hall
10. What does the doctor reveal later to Gene?
(a) Finny will run again
(b) Finny doesn't want to see him again
(c) Finny is upset by Gene
(d) Finny has died
11. Who comes into the room after the commotion between Gene and Leper?
(b) Leper's dad
(c) Leper's mom
12. Leper insists that Gene must think he is a __________.
13. Who is waiting for Gene when he returns to his dorm room?
(a) No one
14. What kind of text does Gene read Finny a poor translation of?
15. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting to do?
(a) Ruin his life
(b) Beat him
(c) Be just like Finny
(d) Break something else
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys cross country skiing?
2. What does Finny say he deplores?
3. Where does Leper guide Gene once he arrives?
4. Most of the students at Devon are seeking choices to enlist that yield the smallest amount of _________.
5. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)