|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the boys fetch to give first aid to Finny?
(a) The wrestling coach
2. What does Finny decide to throw?
(a) A meeting of the society
(b) A party
(c) A medicine ball
(d) A winter carnival
3. Who is the writer of the telegram?
4. Where is Leper standing as Gene leaves?
(a) In the garage
(b) In the snow
(c) In the window
(d) In the doorway
5. What happened to cause #166?
(a) His heart stopped
(b) Finny needed more care
(c) The break worked in Finny's favor
(d) The x-ray machine was broken
6. Where has the writer of the cryptic telegram gone?
(a) Winter Session
(b) Butt Room
(c) Christmas Location
(d) Assembly Room
7. What does the doctor reveal later to Gene?
(a) Finny has died
(b) Finny is upset by Gene
(c) Finny doesn't want to see him again
(d) Finny will run again
8. Finny and Gene say that wouldn't enlist with Brinker if he were ___________'s son.
(a) General MacArthur
(c) General Patton
(d) General Eisenhower
9. What is Finny also in disbelief about?
(a) The lack of light
(b) The new rules
(c) The lack of maid service
(d) The lack of food
10. What, at first, does Gene conclude that Leper has done?
(a) Escaped from the enemy
(b) Killed someone
(c) Gotten lost
(d) Gone mad
11. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Getting killed
(b) The enemy
(c) A Section Eight Discharge
(d) Going on a boat
12. Brinker laments that ________ of their class will be unable to participate in the war.
13. Where does Leper guide Gene once he arrives?
(a) To the dining room
(b) To the living room
(c) To the basement
(d) To the kitchen
14. What is Finny not ready to get back into?
(c) Fall Session
15. What does Gene kick over during his argument with Leper?
(a) A book
(b) A table
(c) A cabinet
(d) A chair
Short Answer Questions
1. Leper insists that Gene must think he is a __________.
2. Who interrupts one of Gene's training sessions?
3. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
4. Who is accused of being a naturalist?
5. Where do the students go to smoke?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)