|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gene notes that Finny is no uncomfortable with Gene __________ him.
2. Who sends Gene a note to gather Finny's things?
(a) Dr. Carhart
(c) Dr. Stanpole
3. What are the boys covered in after doing work by the tracks?
(d) Soot and dirt
4. Where has the writer of the cryptic telegram gone?
(a) Christmas Location
(b) Winter Session
(c) Butt Room
(d) Assembly Room
5. Where do the students go to smoke?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The tree
(c) Butt Room
6. What is this special item in #127?
(a) A racy magazine
(c) Hard cider
7. What does Finny want to train Gene for?
(a) The swim meet
(b) The next blitzball game
(c) The Olympics
(d) The football game
8. Brinker says that Gene might have a _______ in not clearing up the details of Finny's accident.
(a) Ulterior motive
(b) Good reason
(d) Personal stake
9. Most of the students at Devon are seeking choices to enlist that yield the smallest amount of _________.
10. What does Gene not do when he goes with Brinker to the answer to #98?
11. Finny admits that he chose not to believe in the war because he couldn't ________ in it.
(a) Understand the motives
(b) Find logic
12. Finny and Gene say that wouldn't enlist with Brinker if he were ___________'s son.
(a) General Eisenhower
(c) General Patton
(d) General MacArthur
13. What does Leper say he can expect from the room in #135?
(a) Three meals per day
(b) A hideout from the spies
(c) A warm place to sit
(d) Peace and quiet
14. What did Leper want to avoid by leaving the army?
(a) Going on a boat
(b) Getting killed
(c) A Section Eight Discharge
(d) The enemy
15. Leper insists that Gene must think he is a __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the boys overpower to dig up a special item?
2. Who is the writer of the telegram?
3. What does Dr. Stanpole plan to do later that day?
4. What does Finny confess he's wanted to do?
5. Who announces he is going to enlist 'tomorrow'?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)