|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He falls
(b) He gets dizzy
(c) He bounces the branch
(d) He loses his balance
2. Who is Gene's roommate?
3. Who hosts the tea later in the afternoon?
(b) Mr. Prud'homme
(c) Dr. Stanpole
(d) Mr. Patch-Wilder
4. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
(a) Dr. Stanpole
(b) Mr. Patch-Wilders
(c) Mr. Prud'homme
(d) Mr. Brinker
5. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
6. Who loses his balance in this jump?
(a) No one
(c) Finny and Gene
7. "Nothing endures, not a ________, not love, not even death by violence."
8. What does the substitute teacher want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
(a) A test
(b) The recruiter
(c) Their classes
9. How many students are in the first chapel service at Devon?
10. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
(b) Finny's dad
(d) Finny's mom
11. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
12. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Play sports
(b) Be the smartest student
(c) Keep him bed warm
(d) Break the school mascot
13. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
14. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
15. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
(a) Detention for both
(c) 2 demerits
(d) Cleanup in the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
2. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
3. What does Finny do with Gene to make him late?
4. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
5. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)