|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
2. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
3. Who is Finny's doctor?
(a) Doctor Stanpole
(b) Doctor Stan'homme
(c) Doctor Stanton
(d) Doctor Winters
4. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) A teacher comes to get them
(b) He is embarrassed
(c) He realizes the time
(d) The dinner bell rings
5. What game appalls Finny, causing him to make up his own game?
6. What do the two boys want to form?
(a) A secret society
(b) An alliance
(c) A new sport
(d) Their own army
7. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
8. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
(a) The war
(b) The tree
(d) The teachers
9. Who is the narrator of this story?
(c) The author
10. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
11. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) A flag
(b) The tea
(c) His tie
(d) Skipping class
12. Who is Gene's roommate?
13. What does Gene tell a story about?
(a) The war
(c) Fighting a fire back home
(d) A new game he made up
14. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A school tie
(b) A piece of rope
(c) A boat cord
(d) A flag
15. Who loses his balance in this jump?
(a) No one
(c) Finny and Gene
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
2. What does Finny convince Gene to join him on?
3. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
4. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
5. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)