|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two boys want to form?
(a) A new sport
(b) An alliance
(c) A secret society
(d) Their own army
2. Who is the narrator of this story?
(d) The author
3. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
(a) Lazy bastard
(b) Biggest fool at Devon
(d) Maimed son of a bitch
4. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
(a) Try out for a sport
(b) Quit school
(c) Enlist in the army
(d) Jump from the branch
5. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) A teacher comes to get them
(b) He realizes the time
(c) He is embarrassed
(d) The dinner bell rings
6. Where does Gene leap after Finny falls?
(a) Onto the grass
(b) Into the river
(c) Onto the bank
(d) He doesn't
7. How many other boys are with Gene when they go to the tree?
8. What does Finny declare he doesn't believe?
(a) That the Allies bombed Central Europe.
(b) That school is necessary.
(c) That Gene is his friend.
(d) That Gene can jump again.
9. Who jumps into the river first?
10. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
(a) Shocked expression
(b) Pink shirt
(c) School tie
11. Where does Finny land during the jump?
(a) On Chet
(b) The water
(c) The bank
(d) A rock
12. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
(a) The school
(b) The beds
(c) The tree
(d) The river
13. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
14. What does the substitute teacher want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
(a) Their classes
(b) The recruiter
(d) A test
15. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny invite Gene to join him in?
2. Who is Gene's roommate?
3. What has happened to Finny as a result of the fall?
4. Where is the school located?
5. Who says, "You never waste your time"?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)