|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He falls
(b) He bounces the branch
(c) He loses his balance
(d) He gets dizzy
2. What game appalls Finny, causing him to make up his own game?
3. Has Gene ever injured himself by jumping from the branch?
(b) Every time
(c) Yes, many times
4. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
5. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
6. Who jumps into the river first?
7. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A piece of rope
(b) A flag
(c) A school tie
(d) A boat cord
8. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
9. What does the substitute teacher want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
(a) Their classes
(b) A test
(c) The recruiter
10. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Be the smartest student
(b) Break the school mascot
(c) Keep him bed warm
(d) Play sports
11. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
12. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
13. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(b) Made him unsteady
(c) Saved his life
(d) Tried too hard to help him
14. Where does Gene have an appointment?
(a) Butt Room
(b) Far Common
(c) Assembly Hall
(d) Crew House
15. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
(a) No one
(c) Both boys
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
2. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
3. What does Finny want to do after tea?
4. What can Finny still do as a result of the accident?
5. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)