|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loses his balance in this jump?
(a) Finny and Gene
(b) No one
2. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
3. What happens when Gene turns to Finny to delay the jump?
(a) He bounces the branch
(b) He loses his balance
(c) He falls
(d) He gets dizzy
4. What does Finny declare he doesn't believe?
(a) That Gene is his friend.
(b) That Gene can jump again.
(c) That school is necessary.
(d) That the Allies bombed Central Europe.
5. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
6. What does Gene almost miss when they return to school?
(a) Bed check
(b) A class
(c) His trigonometry test
(d) His appointment with the headmaster
7. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) His tie
(b) A flag
(c) The tea
(d) Skipping class
8. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To be perfect
(b) To ignore his roommate
(c) To beat Finny
(d) To be the valedictorian
9. Who is the narrator of this story?
(c) The author
10. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
(a) A bad feeling
(b) A kind of feeling
(c) A twitch
(d) A nervous feeling
11. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
12. Who lives across the hall from Gene?
13. Who is Gene's new boss?
14. What does Finny invite Gene to join him in?
(a) A cup of hard cider
(b) A double jump
(c) A smoke in the Butt Room
(d) A meal
15. Who is Gene's roommate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
2. Who jumps into the river first?
3. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
4. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
5. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)