|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
2. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) His tie
(b) Skipping class
(c) The tea
(d) A flag
3. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
4. What does Gene notice that seems much smaller than it used to?
(a) The tree
(b) The beds
(c) The school
(d) The river
5. Where does Gene have an appointment?
(a) Assembly Hall
(b) Crew House
(c) Butt Room
(d) Far Common
6. What does Finny finally conclude about the accident?
(a) You pushed me
(b) I just fell
(c) You didn't help me
(d) I should have died
7. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
(a) Mr. Prud'homme
(b) Mr. Patch-Wilders
(c) Mr. Brinker
(d) Dr. Stanpole
8. What is the name of the school the boys attend?
9. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
(b) No one
10. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
11. What does Finny wear in support of the first Allied bombing?
(a) A flag
(b) A uniform top
(c) Pink shirt
(d) Pink tie
12. What can Finny still do as a result of the accident?
13. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
(a) Both boys
(c) No one
14. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
15. Does Gene tell anyone about Finny's broken record?
(a) No, but he writes an anonymous letter to the headmaster
(d) Not for a while
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Finny's real name?
2. What does Gene tell a story about?
3. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
4. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
5. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)