|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
2. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
3. What has happened to Finny as a result of the fall?
(a) Nothing, Finny is fine
(b) One of his legs is shattered
(c) Both of his legs are shattered
(d) Finny dies
4. What is the game Finny invents?
(b) Bounce Ball
5. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
(a) Quit school
(b) Enlist in the army
(c) Try out for a sport
(d) Jump from the branch
6. What does Finny invite Gene to join him in?
(a) A smoke in the Butt Room
(b) A double jump
(c) A cup of hard cider
(d) A meal
7. Where is the school located?
(c) New England
(d) The South
8. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
9. Who confesses to the trip to the beach?
(a) Both boys
(d) No one
10. What does Gene almost miss when they return to school?
(a) His trigonometry test
(b) His appointment with the headmaster
(c) Bed check
(d) A class
11. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(b) Leper's mom
(c) Brinker's dad
(d) Gene's mom
12. What is Elwin Lepellier's nickname?
13. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The beach
(b) The world
14. What game appalls Finny, causing him to make up his own game?
15. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
(a) Biggest fool at Devon
(b) Lazy bastard
(d) Maimed son of a bitch
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
2. Who hosts the tea later in the afternoon?
3. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
4. Where does Gene go instead of Devon?
5. Who does Finny say is his best friend?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)