|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
2. What does Finny finally conclude about the accident?
(a) You pushed me
(b) I just fell
(c) You didn't help me
(d) I should have died
3. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) The dinner bell rings
(b) He realizes the time
(c) A teacher comes to get them
(d) He is embarrassed
4. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Gene's mom
(b) Leper's mom
(d) Brinker's dad
5. Does Gene tell anyone about Finny's broken record?
(a) No, but he writes an anonymous letter to the headmaster
(b) Not for a while
6. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
(a) 2 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 years
7. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
8. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To be perfect
(b) To ignore his roommate
(c) To beat Finny
(d) To be the valedictorian
9. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
10. How much money do the boys look for to spend on breakfast?
(a) A dollar
(b) 25 cents
(c) 55 cents
(d) 75 cents
11. What game appalls Finny, causing him to make up his own game?
12. Who opens each meeting of their secret society with jumping from the tree?
(b) Leper and Finny
(c) Gene and Finny
13. Who does Finny say is his best friend?
(a) No one
14. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
15. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) Skipping class
(b) His tie
(c) A flag
(d) The tea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
2. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
3. Who chastises Gene for his summer forbidden activities?
4. Where does Gene go instead of Devon?
5. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)