|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The beach
(d) The world
2. Who is Gene's new boss?
3. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
(a) Pink shirt
(c) Shocked expression
(d) School tie
4. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
(a) 15 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 10 years
5. Does Gene tell anyone about Finny's broken record?
(c) Not for a while
(d) No, but he writes an anonymous letter to the headmaster
6. Where is the school located?
(b) New England
(d) The South
7. Who shares the room with Gene now?
(a) No one
8. How many other boys are with Gene when they go to the tree?
9. Where does Finny land during the jump?
(a) A rock
(b) On Chet
(c) The water
(d) The bank
10. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
11. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Brinker's dad
(b) Leper's mom
(c) Gene's mom
12. What does Gene almost miss when they return to school?
(a) His trigonometry test
(b) A class
(c) Bed check
(d) His appointment with the headmaster
13. Who chastises Gene for his summer forbidden activities?
14. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
(a) The tree
(b) The teachers
(d) The war
15. What is the game Finny invents?
(c) Bounce Ball
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person Finny asked for by name?
2. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
3. What is Gene referring to when he describes a steely black steeple?
4. Has Gene ever injured himself by jumping from the branch?
5. Who loses his balance in this jump?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)