Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of #57?
(a) He gets a detention
(b) He fails
(d) He is chastised
2. Who hates this new rule as described in #37?
3. What kind of record did Finny break?
4. Has Gene ever injured himself by jumping from the branch?
(a) Every time
(b) Yes, many times
5. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
6. Who is the narrator of this story?
(b) The author
7. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Keep him bed warm
(b) Break the school mascot
(c) Be the smartest student
(d) Play sports
8. Where does Gene have an appointment?
(a) Assembly Hall
(b) Crew House
(c) Far Common
(d) Butt Room
9. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) He is embarrassed
(b) He realizes the time
(c) A teacher comes to get them
(d) The dinner bell rings
10. Who does Finny say is his best friend?
(a) No one
11. Who says, "You never waste your time"?
12. What does the substitute teacher from #19 want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
(a) The recruiter
(b) Their classes
(c) A test
13. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
(a) Maimed son of a bitch
(b) Lazy bastard
(d) Biggest fool at Devon
14. What does Finny give to Gene to help with #32?
(a) A smile
(b) A steadying hand
(c) Both hands
(d) A branch
15. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game appalls Finny, causing him to make up his own game?
2. What has happened to Finny as a result of the fall?
3. What is waiting for Gene in the master's study?
4. Who becomes angry at Finny's diagnosis?
5. Who is impressed with Gene's hard work?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)