|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gene tell a story about?
(a) Fighting a fire back home
(b) The war
(d) A new game he made up
2. Where do Finny and Gene sleep during their excursion away from school?
(a) On the beach
(b) In a hotel
(c) In a car
(d) In a tent
3. What is waiting for Gene in the master's study?
(b) Long distance phone call
4. What are the boys carrying as they run around during the game in #39?
(a) A football
(b) A stone
(c) A medicine ball
(d) A golf ball
5. What does Finny want to do after tea?
(b) Jump in the river
(c) Go to the Butt Room
(d) Go to bed
6. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
(b) The war
(c) The teachers
(d) The tree
7. What can Finny still do as a result of the accident?
8. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) He realizes the time
(b) A teacher comes to get them
(c) He is embarrassed
(d) The dinner bell rings
9. Who is supposedly going to jump from the tree?
10. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Break the school mascot
(b) Play sports
(c) Keep him bed warm
(d) Be the smartest student
11. Who is Finny's doctor?
(a) Doctor Stanpole
(b) Doctor Stan'homme
(c) Doctor Stanton
(d) Doctor Winters
12. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
13. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) The tea
(b) Skipping class
(c) His tie
(d) A flag
14. What does Finny remember Gene wearing during the fall?
(a) Shocked expression
(b) Pink shirt
(d) School tie
15. What is Gene referring to when he describes a steely black steeple?
(a) The tree
(b) The chapel
(c) A building
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Gene volunteering for?
2. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
3. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
4. Who loses his balance in this jump?
5. What is the name of the answer to #30?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)