|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hates this new rule as described in #37?
2. What does Finny talk Gene into doing before they leave the beach?
(a) Build a sand castle
(b) Jumping from a tree
(c) Go to a store
(d) Take a swim
3. Who lives across the hall from Gene?
4. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
5. Gene realizes that Finny has a special _____ that lets him get away with anything.
6. What is the one thing that comes easily to Finny?
7. Who loses his balance in this jump?
(c) No one
(d) Finny and Gene
8. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A piece of rope
(b) A boat cord
(c) A flag
(d) A school tie
9. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) He realizes the time
(b) The dinner bell rings
(c) A teacher comes to get them
(d) He is embarrassed
10. How many other boys are with Gene when they go to the tree?
11. What kind of record did Finny break?
12. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To be the valedictorian
(b) To be perfect
(c) To beat Finny
(d) To ignore his roommate
13. How does Gene bounce the branch?
(a) By moving side to side
(b) He doesn't
(c) By bending his knees
(d) By waving his arms
14. What does Gene tell a story about?
(b) Fighting a fire back home
(c) The war
(d) A new game he made up
15. What does Finny give to Gene to help with #32?
(a) Both hands
(b) A branch
(c) A steadying hand
(d) A smile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person Finny asked for by name?
2. Who shares the room with Gene now?
3. Who is Gene's roommate?
4. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
5. Where do the boys go when they realize how late they are?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)