|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gene's new boss?
2. What is Gene referring to when he describes a steely black steeple?
(a) The chapel
(b) A building
(d) The tree
3. What is Elwin Lepellier's nickname?
4. How long has it been since Gene was last at this school?
(a) 2 years
(b) 15 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 10 years
5. What does Gene say that answer to #21 makes Finny look like?
(a) A fool
(b) A fairy
(c) An idiot
(d) A troop
6. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) Skipping class
(b) The tea
(c) A flag
(d) His tie
7. What does Finny convince Gene to do?
(a) Try out for a sport
(b) Enlist in the army
(c) Jump from the branch
(d) Quit school
8. What punishment is issued as a result of Finny and Gene missing dinner?
(a) Detention for both
(b) 2 demerits
(d) Cleanup in the kitchen
9. What war was occurring when Gene was last in school?
10. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(c) The beach
(d) The world
11. Who calls Gene while he is at school?
(a) Gene's mom
(c) Leper's mom
(d) Brinker's dad
12. What does Finny accidentally wear as a belt?
(a) A flag
(b) A piece of rope
(c) A boat cord
(d) A school tie
13. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To beat Finny
(b) To be perfect
(c) To ignore his roommate
(d) To be the valedictorian
14. What does Finny invite Gene to join him in?
(a) A cup of hard cider
(b) A double jump
(c) A meal
(d) A smoke in the Butt Room
15. Who is the greatest player of the new game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gene almost miss when they return to school?
2. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
3. Who is the substitute teacher for the summer?
4. What does Finny confess to have had during the fall?
5. When does Gene travel to return to Devon?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)