|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
2. Where is the school located?
(a) New England
(d) The South
3. What does Gene tell a story about?
(a) A new game he made up
(b) The war
(c) Fighting a fire back home
4. Where do Finny and Gene sleep during their excursion away from school?
(a) In a tent
(b) In a hotel
(c) In a car
(d) On the beach
5. What is waiting for Gene in the master's study?
(a) Long distance phone call
6. What seems distant and unreal in a time of war?
(a) The world
(d) The beach
7. What does Finny want Gene to do for him?
(a) Play sports
(b) Keep him bed warm
(c) Break the school mascot
(d) Be the smartest student
8. Where does Gene have an appointment?
(a) Crew House
(b) Far Common
(c) Butt Room
(d) Assembly Hall
9. What is Elwin Lepellier's nickname?
10. Who is Gene's new boss?
11. Has Gene ever injured himself by jumping from the branch?
(b) Yes, many times
(c) Every time
12. Who lives across the hall from Gene?
13. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) The dinner bell rings
(b) He realizes the time
(c) He is embarrassed
(d) A teacher comes to get them
14. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
15. What does Finny talk Gene into doing before they leave the beach?
(a) Take a swim
(b) Go to a store
(c) Build a sand castle
(d) Jumping from a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Finny land during the jump?
2. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
3. What does Gene's boss nickname him?
4. Who hosts the tea later in the afternoon?
5. What do Finny and Gene get for themselves by using forged draft cards?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)