|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the witness to Finny's breaking of the school record?
(d) No one
2. What is Finny's real name?
3. What does Finny accuse Gene of wanting?
(a) To be the valedictorian
(b) To be perfect
(c) To ignore his roommate
(d) To beat Finny
4. What kind of record did Finny break?
5. Has Gene ever injured himself by jumping from the branch?
(a) Yes, many times
(d) Every time
6. Who hates this new rule as described in #37?
7. Who shares the room with Gene now?
(b) No one
8. How much money do the boys look for to spend on breakfast?
(a) 75 cents
(b) 25 cents
(c) A dollar
(d) 55 cents
9. Where does Gene leap after Finny falls?
(a) Onto the grass
(b) Into the river
(c) He doesn't
(d) Onto the bank
10. What does Gene say that answer to #21 makes Finny look like?
(a) A troop
(b) An idiot
(c) A fairy
(d) A fool
11. What does Finny talk Gene into doing before they leave the beach?
(a) Go to a store
(b) Build a sand castle
(c) Jumping from a tree
(d) Take a swim
12. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(a) Saved his life
(b) Made him unsteady
(d) Tried too hard to help him
13. What happens that causes Gene to hurry his pace?
(a) A teacher comes to get them
(b) The dinner bell rings
(c) He realizes the time
(d) He is embarrassed
14. Who ruminates about what it means to be an American during a time of intense war rationed?
15. What is the game Finny invents?
(a) Bounce Ball
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Finny finally conclude about the accident?
2. How does Gene bounce the branch?
3. What is Gene's response to #48?
4. Who is described as 'lily livered'?
5. Who does Gene suspect is sabotaging his success?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)