|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Finny explain serves as a tribute to the school's role in the war effort?
(a) The tea
(b) His tie
(c) A flag
(d) Skipping class
2. What does Finny think Gene is still afraid of?
(b) The teachers
(c) The tree
(d) The war
3. What does Gene think Finny may have done?
(a) Made him unsteady
(b) Saved his life
(c) Tried too hard to help him
4. What is Gene referring to when he describes a steely black steeple?
(a) The chapel
(c) A building
(d) The tree
5. Who hosts the tea later in the afternoon?
(a) Dr. Stanpole
(b) Mr. Patch-Wilder
(d) Mr. Prud'homme
Short Answer Questions
1. "Nothing endures, not a ________, not love, not even death by violence."
2. What does Finny wear in support of the first Allied bombing?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. What does the substitute teacher want to scold Gene and Finny for missing?
5. Where is the school located?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)