|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of Part Two, how does Deslauriers believe politics should be treated?
2. What is Cécile's relationship to Monsieur Dambreuse?
(a) She is his niece.
(b) She is his adopted daughter.
(c) She is his second cousin.
(d) She is his illegitimate daughter.
3. When did Dambreuse make the will leaving all of his estate to Cécile?
(a) Before he was married.
(b) When he learned of the affair between Frederic and Madame Dambreuse.
(c) After Cécile married Martinon.
(d) During the revolution.
4. Who is the chairman of the Club de l'Intelligence?
5. What happens to the francs that Frederic was going to invest in Deslauriers' project?
(a) He invests it in Dambreuses' company.
(b) He loans it to Jacques Arnoux.
(c) He loans it to Regimbart.
(d) He loses it in a card game.
6. Why is Monsieur Dambreuse slow to return Deslauriers' messages in Chapter 3 of Part Three?
(a) He is out of town on vacation.
(b) He is very concerned with business matters.
(c) He does not like Deslauriers and is ignoring him.
(d) He is very ill.
7. Why does Dussardier decide to give a party?
(a) To celebrate Frederic's engagement to Louise Roque.
(b) To celebrate his raise in salary.
(c) To celebrate Frederic's birthday.
(d) To celebrate Sénécal's release from prison.
8. What is Madame Alessandri's specialty?
9. Who procures a personal letter from Dambreuse supporting Frederic's candidacy?
(a) Madame Dambreuse.
10. What are Frederic and Marie Arnoux doing when Rosanette interrupts them in Chapter 3 of Part Three?
11. Why does Jacques Arnoux tell Marie that Rosanette is Frederic's mistress?
(a) To avoid arguments over his excessive spending.
(b) To avoid a relationship developing between Marie and Frederic.dev
(c) To make her jealous.
(d) To lower her opinion of Frederic.
12. What do Frederic and Marie curse during their conversations?
13. At Dambreuse's funeral mass, who has to tell the congregation when to stand up, when to kneel, and when to sit down again?
(a) The undertaker.
(b) The master of ceremonies.
(c) The priest.
(d) The bishop.
14. Where does Marie Arnoux retire to after Frederic declares his love to her?
(a) A rented villa in Italy.
(b) Her mother's house in Chartres.
(c) A rented cottage in Auteil.
(d) Her country-house in Saint-Cloud.
15. What position does Dambreuse offer Frederic in his Consortium of French Coal-mining Companies?
(a) Company President.
(b) Chief Executive Officer.
(c) Vice President of Internal Affairs.
(d) Company Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dussardier consider to be the source of all evil?
2. What does the sight of the five bodies killed on the boulevard des Capucines being carried through the streets on a cart change?
3. Who does Frederic viciously criticize at Dussardier's party?
4. What weapons do Cisy and Frederic agree to use in their duel?
5. What was the occupation of Rosanette's parents in Croix-Rousse in Lyon?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)