|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Dambreuse's funeral mass, who has to tell the congregation when to stand up, when to kneel, and when to sit down again?
(a) The priest.
(b) The bishop.
(c) The undertaker.
(d) The master of ceremonies.
2. On whose behalf is the benefit performance to which Mademoiselle Vatnaz sells Frederic three tickets?
3. Seeing which trinket incites an argument between Rosanette and Mademoiselle Vatnaz?
(a) A diamond bracelet.
(b) A silver pocket watch.
(c) A gold sheep pendant.
(d) A pearl handled parasol.
4. Who gives Sénécal a job after he leaves Arnoux's factory?
5. What is the new name of Hussonet's paper, L'Art?
(a) Le Marshal.
(b) Le Titian.
(c) Le Flambard.
(d) Le Cap.
6. What do Frederic and Marie curse during their conversations?
7. What is Pellerin going to ask the government to create when Frederic sees him with a column of followers in the Latin Quarter?
(a) A Committee for Public Safety.
(b) A National Park.
(c) An Arts Workshop.
(d) A National Museum.
8. What happens to the francs that Frederic was going to invest in Deslauriers' project?
(a) He loans it to Regimbart.
(b) He invests it in Dambreuses' company.
(c) He loans it to Jacques Arnoux.
(d) He loses it in a card game.
9. Where is Rosanette going with her Russian lover and wants to invite Frederic?
(a) The seaside.
(b) The lakes.
(c) The woods.
(d) The mountains.
10. What lie does Frederic tell Deslauriers to explain what happened to the francs he was going to invest in his project?
(a) He lost it in a card game.
(b) He invested it in Dambreuses' company.
(c) He loaned it to Regimbart.
(d) He loaned it to Jacques Arnoux.
11. Where does the Russian prince, Rosanette's new lover, see her for the first time?
(a) Café Anglais.
(b) At the races.
(c) The Alhambra.
12. Who is the man who is dressed as a National Guard shako that Frederic meets on the stairs to Rosanette's house?
13. What position does Dambreuse offer Frederic in his Consortium of French Coal-mining Companies?
(a) Chief Executive Officer.
(b) Company President.
(c) Vice President of Internal Affairs.
(d) Company Secretary.
14. What is Madame Alessandri's specialty?
15. What does Pellerin ask Dussardier and Deslauriers to do?
(a) Convince Frederic to start an art magazine.
(b) Convince Frederic to marry Rosanette.
(c) Convince Frederic to open an art gallery.
(d) Convince Frederic to purchase the portrait of Rosanette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the change in government have in Paris?
2. What does Rosanette insist Frederic do when he first sees his newborn son?
3. Who does Frederic ask to be his second in the duel against Cisy?
4. What wild behavior of her husband does Marie Arnoux comment to Frederic in Chapter 6 of Part Two?
5. Who is the chairman of the Club de l'Intelligence?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)