|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is arrested in Chapter 4 of Part Two and is charged with attempted assassination?
2. What position does Dambreuse offer Frederic in his Consortium of French Coal-mining Companies?
(a) Chief Executive Officer.
(b) Vice President of Internal Affairs.
(c) Company President.
(d) Company Secretary.
3. What happens to the francs that Frederic was going to invest in Deslauriers' project?
(a) He loans it to Jacques Arnoux.
(b) He invests it in Dambreuses' company.
(c) He loans it to Regimbart.
(d) He loses it in a card game.
4. Whom does Frederic unexpectedly meet when he goes to Arnoux's factory to fulfill Louise Roque's order?
(a) Marie Arnoux.
(b) Monsieur Roque.
5. Why does Dussardier decide to give a party?
(a) To celebrate Sénécal's release from prison.
(b) To celebrate Frederic's engagement to Louise Roque.
(c) To celebrate Frederic's birthday.
(d) To celebrate his raise in salary.
6. Who is exploiting Arnoux in Chapter 3 of Part Three?
(a) The woman from Bordeaux.
7. What is Pellerin going to ask the government to create when Frederic sees him with a column of followers in the Latin Quarter?
(a) An Arts Workshop.
(b) A National Museum.
(c) A Committee for Public Safety.
(d) A National Park.
8. What is the estimated worth of the Dambreuse estate?
(a) Three million francs.
(b) Three billion francs.
(c) Thirty million francs.
(d) Thirty thousand francs.
9. What are Frederic and Marie Arnoux doing when Rosanette interrupts them in Chapter 3 of Part Three?
10. What position does Deslauriers encourage Frederic to campaign for?
(a) Prime Minister.
11. In Chapter 6 of Part Two, what does Frederic swear to Marie Arnoux he will never do?
(a) Hide any of Arnoux's secrets from her.
(b) Foreclose on Arnoux.
(c) Get married.
(d) Stop loving her.
12. Who runs up the stairs of the palace singing the Marseillaise in Chapter 1 of Part Three?
(a) The National Guardsmen.
(c) Monsieur Dambreuse.
(d) The Paris People.
13. Where does Jacques Arnoux take Frederic when he would return unexpectedly and find him visiting Marie?
(a) The Alhambra in downtown Paris to meet with Rosanette.
(b) His factory in Creil to meet with Sénécal.
(c) A café in the rue Sainte-Anne to meet with Regimbart.
(d) L'Art Industriel on the Boulevard Montemarte to meet with Hussonet.
14. On whose behalf is the benefit performance to which Mademoiselle Vatnaz sells Frederic three tickets?
15. What does Dussardier consider to be the source of all evil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosanette insist Frederic do when he first sees his newborn son?
2. What does Frederic tell Marie Arnoux is his only goal in life?
3. What do Frederic and Marie curse during their conversations?
4. Who does Frederic ask to be his second in the duel against Cisy?
5. Seeing which trinket incites an argument between Rosanette and Mademoiselle Vatnaz?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)