|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is traveling in the Victoria and sees Frederic accompanying Rosanette?
(a) Jacques Arnoux.
(b) Monsieur Oudry.
(c) Marie Arnoux.
2. What lie does Frederic tell Deslauriers to explain what happened to the francs he was going to invest in his project?
(a) He lost it in a card game.
(b) He loaned it to Regimbart.
(c) He loaned it to Jacques Arnoux.
(d) He invested it in Dambreuses' company.
3. What does Frederic begin writing to distract himself from his infatuation with Marie Arnoux?
(a) A Treatise on the French Legal Code.
(b) A History of the French Revolution.
(c) A History of the Renaissance.
(d) A Treatise on Modern Banking.
4. Seeing which trinket incites an argument between Rosanette and Mademoiselle Vatnaz?
(a) A silver pocket watch.
(b) A diamond bracelet.
(c) A pearl handled parasol.
(d) A gold sheep pendant.
5. What are Frederic and Marie Arnoux doing when Rosanette interrupts them in Chapter 3 of Part Three?
6. What is the new name of Hussonet's paper, L'Art?
(a) Le Flambard.
(b) Le Marshal.
(c) Le Cap.
(d) Le Titian.
7. When Frederic returns from visiting Marie Arnoux in Creil, he finds a letter waiting for him from Rosanette inviting him to which event?
(a) The tour-de-France.
(b) The regatta.
(c) The races.
(d) A costume ball.
8. Where does Marie Arnoux retire to after Frederic declares his love to her?
(a) Her country-house in Saint-Cloud.
(b) A rented cottage in Auteil.
(c) Her mother's house in Chartres.
(d) A rented villa in Italy.
9. Why does Dussardier decide to give a party?
(a) To celebrate Frederic's engagement to Louise Roque.
(b) To celebrate his raise in salary.
(c) To celebrate Frederic's birthday.
(d) To celebrate Sénécal's release from prison.
10. What is Hussonet's opinion of Le Chevalier de maison rouge that the other guests at Dussardier's party fervently disagree with?
(a) He considers it to be the embodiment of his artistic ideals.
(b) He thinks it is awful and dislikes the style.
(c) He thinks it is mediocre and could have been written better.
(d) He likes the play and thinks it has an important message.
11. What happens to the francs that Frederic was going to invest in Deslauriers' project?
(a) He invests it in Dambreuses' company.
(b) He loans it to Jacques Arnoux.
(c) He loans it to Regimbart.
(d) He loses it in a card game.
12. What is the estimated worth of the Dambreuse estate?
(a) Thirty million francs.
(b) Three million francs.
(c) Thirty thousand francs.
(d) Three billion francs.
13. What is Cécile's relationship to Monsieur Dambreuse?
(a) She is his second cousin.
(b) She is his illegitimate daughter.
(c) She is his niece.
(d) She is his adopted daughter.
14. Who does Frederic run into at the palace during the looting?
15. What news does Frederic's porter give Louise Roque that breaks her heart?
(a) Frederic has not slept at his home for three months.
(b) Frederic has proposed marriage to Mademoiselle Vatnaz.
(c) Frederic has eloped with Rosanette.
(d) Frederic has run off with Marie Arnoux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who is dressed as a National Guard shako that Frederic meets on the stairs to Rosanette's house?
2. Who saves Monsieur Dambreuse's life?
3. Why is the command post of the Château d'Eau under attack?
4. Why does Madame Dambreuse write three letters to Cécile?
5. What does Rosanette reveal her age to be in Chapter 1 of Part Three?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)