|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frederic stop attending class after only two weeks?
(a) He dislikes his classmates.
(b) He is bored.
(c) The classes are too difficult.
(d) The classes are too expensive.
2. What title did Dambreuse have that he dropped?
3. Where does Frederic spend an excessive amount of money?
(a) Law school.
(b) L'Art industriel.
(c) The theatre.
4. What is Dussardier's most prized possession?
(a) His pipe.
(b) His car.
(c) His box.
(d) His watch.
5. Where does Hussonet tell Frederic that Arnoux is going in Chapter 5?
6. What insult is thrown at Deslauriers that started the schoolyard fight that begins his friendship with Frederic?
(b) Big boy.
(c) Beggar's brat.
(d) Rich boy.
7. How much money do Hussonet and Deslauriers convince Frederic to invest in their political newspaper?
(a) 15,000 francs.
(b) 10,000 francs.
(c) 50,000 francs
(d) 100,000 francs.
8. What item is lost during his arrest that Dussardier asks for multiple times?
(a) His lunchbox.
(b) His box.
(c) His backpack.
(d) His wallet.
9. Who is the host of the costume party to which Arnoux invites Frederic?
(a) Madame Arnoux.
(b) Madame Moreau.
(c) Madame Dambreuse.
(d) Madame Rosanette.
10. With whom does Frederic develop a friendship in Chapter 6?
(a) Mademoiselle Roque.
(b) Monsieur Roque.
(c) Mademoiselle Vatnaz.
11. Who was Frederic hoping to get a look at during his meeting with Dambreuse?
(a) Marie Arnoux.
(b) Jacques Arnoux.
(c) Madame Moreau.
(d) Madame Dambreuse.
12. What does Frederic do with the extra allowance his mother sends him for tutoring?
(a) He buys a necklace for Marie Arnoux.
(b) He hires a tutor.
(c) He purchases fancy clothing.
(d) He treats Jacques Arnoux to a fancy dinner.
13. Why is Frederic hesitant to introduce Deslauriers to Arnoux?
(a) He is worried that Deslauriers will disapprove of Arnoux.
(b) He is afraid that Jacques Arnoux will like Deslauriers better than him.
(c) He is worried that Marie Arnoux might not like him.
(d) He is concerned that Deslauriers will tell Arnoux that he is in love with Marie.
14. What is the name of the beautiful woman's daughter?
(a) Mademoiselle Mirabella.
(b) Mademoiselle Marie.
(c) Mademoiselle Marthe.
(d) Mademoiselle Margueritte.
15. Which character does Frederic commission Pellerin to paint a life-size portrait of?
(a) Mademoiselle Vatnaz.
(b) Louise Roque.
(c) Marie Arnoux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hussonet's job?
2. Why is Dussardier arrested by the police?
3. What is LÁrt industriel?
4. What topics does Frederic discuss with the man he meets on the ship?
5. From whom does Frederic receive a letter at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)