|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cécile's relationship to Monsieur Dambreuse?
(a) She is his adopted daughter.
(b) She is his second cousin.
(c) She is his niece.
(d) She is his illegitimate daughter.
2. What prompts Arnoux to become religious and begin dealing in rosaries?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A carriage accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
3. In what field does Frederic ask Dambreuse to recommend him for a position?
(c) Public service.
4. What does Frederic do with the extra allowance his mother sends him for tutoring?
(a) He hires a tutor.
(b) He purchases fancy clothing.
(c) He buys a necklace for Marie Arnoux.
(d) He treats Jacques Arnoux to a fancy dinner.
5. What does Frederic throw at Cisy after he insults Marie Arnoux?
(a) A knife.
(b) A plate.
(c) A fork.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frederic spend an excessive amount of money?
2. What lie does Dambreuse tell Martinon about Cécile in an effort to break up the young couple?
3. What does Frederic consider doing after leaving the Alhambra?
4. What type of work is Mademoiselle Vatnaz's book, A Young Ladies' Garland?
5. Where does the baby live after Frederic and Rosanette return to Paris?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)