|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie Arnoux retire to after Frederic declares his love to her?
(a) Her mother's house in Chartres.
(b) A rented villa in Italy.
(c) Her country-house in Saint-Cloud.
(d) A rented cottage in Auteil.
2. In what field does Frederic ask Dambreuse to recommend him for a position?
(c) Public service.
3. What characteristics does Pellerin decide are more important in art than Beauty and Unity?
(a) Diversity and Character.
(b) Color and Subject.
(c) Light and Shadow.
(d) Line and Form.
4. From whom does Frederic receive a second invitation on the same day he receives an invitation to Marie Arnoux's name-day party?
(a) The Dambreuses.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Monsieur Roque.
5. What position does Deslauriers encourage Frederic to campaign for?
(a) Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frederic decide not to make a place for Deslauriers in his new townhouse?
2. Frederic is worried about his appearance as he goes to visit Dambreuse until he remembers which fact about him?
3. What is the name of Frederic's aristocratic friend from law school whom Frederic considers to be very dim?
4. What is Cécile's relationship to Monsieur Dambreuse?
5. What is the name of the man that Frederic meets on the ship?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)