|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is dissatisfied with his dining experience at the Trois-Frères-Provençaux?
2. When Frederic returns to Paris to care for the injured Dussardier, who does he find nursing him in his apartment?
(a) Mademoiselle Vatnaz.
(c) Marie Arnoux.
3. What does Frederic do with the extra allowance his mother sends him for tutoring?
(a) He buys a necklace for Marie Arnoux.
(b) He hires a tutor.
(c) He treats Jacques Arnoux to a fancy dinner.
(d) He purchases fancy clothing.
4. What is the name of the ship on which Frederic travels?
(b) Ville de Montereau.
(d) Le Havre.
5. Upon seeing Jacques Arnoux at the theatre accompanied by two other ladies, what does Frederic speculate could have happened to Marie Arnoux?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is out of town.
(d) She divorced Jacques Arnoux.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field does Frederic ask Dambreuse to recommend him for a position?
2. In Chapter 2 of Part Two, what recent trouble has Arnoux been involved in?
3. What weapons do Cisy and Frederic agree to use in their duel?
4. In Chapter 6 of Part Two, what does Frederic swear to Marie Arnoux he will never do?
5. When Frederic leaves Deslauriers with his power of attorney, what is the first dishonest scheme Deslauriers considers and immediately discards?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)