|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frederic planning to study?
2. Where does Frederic accompany Marie Arnoux in Chapter 5?
(b) To L'Art Industriel.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To visit her mother.
3. What wild behavior of her husband does Marie Arnoux comment to Frederic in Chapter 6 of Part Two?
(a) He is planning to duel with Rosanette's lover.
(b) He has taken a second job to pay off his debts.
(c) He is living with Rosanette.
(d) He is keeping a factory worker known as the Bordeaux woman.
4. How does Frederic prepare to become an artist at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He studies the great masters.
(b) He visits art museums.
(c) He reads books on aesthetics.
(d) He buys paints, brushes, and an easel.
5. Why does Frederic stop attending class after only two weeks?
(a) The classes are too expensive.
(b) The classes are too difficult.
(c) He dislikes his classmates.
(d) He is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2 of Part Two, which women in his life does Frederic compare to wild, playful and amusing music, and solemn and almost religious music, respectively?
2. What is Hussonet's opinion of Le Chevalier de maison rouge that the other guests at Dussardier's party fervently disagree with?
3. What is Cécile's relationship to Monsieur Dambreuse?
4. What is the name of the man that Frederic meets on the ship?
5. Who procures a personal letter from Dambreuse supporting Frederic's candidacy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)