|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Professor Samuel Rondelot's area of academic specialty?
2. What does Frederic do with the money he gets from selling his new outfit to a second-hand clothes dealer?
(a) He hires a tutor.
(b) He treats Jacques Arnoux to dinner.
(c) He goes to visit his mother.
(d) He buys a necklace for Marie Arnoux.
3. What is the name of Frederic's aristocratic friend from law school whom Frederic considers to be very dim?
(b) Monsieur de Cisy.
(c) Charles Deslauriers.
(d) Baptiste Martinon.
4. Who is the owner of L'Art?
5. What does Sénécal believe the sole purpose of art to be?
(a) To edify the masses.
(b) To give pleasure to the masses.
(c) To leave a lasting cultural artifact.
(d) To please the artist who creates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do Cisy and Frederic agree to use in their duel?
2. What is Mademoiselle Vatnaz's ambition?
3. Where is the restaurant located in which Frederic dines daily at a cost of only forty-three sous?
4. Which British writer did Frederic seek to emulate in his youth?
5. To whom is the IOU payable that Arnoux forces his wife to sign?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)