|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederic do with the money he gets from selling his new outfit to a second-hand clothes dealer?
(a) He hires a tutor.
(b) He treats Jacques Arnoux to dinner.
(c) He goes to visit his mother.
(d) He buys a necklace for Marie Arnoux.
2. Where does Frederic hope to meet Marie Arnoux every time he walks through it?
(a) The Tuileries.
(b) The Champs-Elysées.
(c) Rue de la Harpe.
3. Who is the host of the costume party to which Arnoux invites Frederic?
(a) Madame Moreau.
(b) Madame Arnoux.
(c) Madame Dambreuse.
(d) Madame Rosanette.
4. Who is Frederic returning from visiting in hopes he will include him in his will?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His benefactor.
(d) His father-in-law.
5. What topics does Frederic discuss with the man he meets on the ship?
(a) Politics and religion.
(b) Theatre and literature.
(c) Family and hobbies.
(d) Tobacco and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frederic hesitant to introduce Deslauriers to Arnoux?
2. Where does Jacques Arnoux tell Frederic that his wife has gone?
3. How did Madame Moreau's husband die?
4. What item is lost during his arrest that Dussardier asks for multiple times?
5. Where does Frederic spend an excessive amount of money?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)