|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie Arnoux do with the roses that her husband gives her at her party?
(a) Destroys them.
(b) Throws them out of the window of the carriage.
(c) Puts them in a vase.
(d) Gives them to Mademoiselle Vatnaz.
2. Why is Frederic hesitant to introduce Deslauriers to Arnoux?
(a) He is concerned that Deslauriers will tell Arnoux that he is in love with Marie.
(b) He is afraid that Jacques Arnoux will like Deslauriers better than him.
(c) He is worried that Deslauriers will disapprove of Arnoux.
(d) He is worried that Marie Arnoux might not like him.
3. Which landmark is the crowd gathered around to protest government reforms in Chapter 4?
(a) The Panthéon.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
4. Why does Madame Moreau refuse to have anything to do with Monsieur Roque?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is a known gambler and thief.
(c) He is living in sin with his maid.
(d) He is the election-rigger for the district.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dussardier's most prized possession?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Frederic holding while he stands on the deck of the ship?
3. Why does Regimbart like to visit cafés and billiard saloons?
4. How old is Frederic at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where does Frederic speculate that the beautiful woman may have come from?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)