|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Alhambra?
(a) A museum.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) An art magazine.
(d) A dance hall.
2. Upon seeing Jacques Arnoux at the theatre accompanied by two other ladies, what does Frederic speculate could have happened to Marie Arnoux?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is out of town.
(d) She divorced Jacques Arnoux.
3. Where does Hussonet tell Frederic that Arnoux is going in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, which character sends a letter to Frederic telling him of plans to visit him in Paris?
(a) Charles Deslauriers.
(b) Frederic's uncle.
(d) Madame Moreau.
5. Where does Frederic spend an excessive amount of money?
(b) Law school.
(c) L'Art industriel.
(d) The theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is dissatisfied with his dining experience at the Trois-Frères-Provençaux?
2. Who is the author of this novel?
3. How old is Frederic at the beginning of the novel?
4. Frederic compares the beautiful woman to the women in which type of novels?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)