|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the marble plaque on Rue Montemartre say that catches Frederic's eye as he leaves his meeting with Dambreuse?
(b) L'ARTE INDUSTRIEL.
(c) JACQUES ARNOUX.
(d) VILLE DE MONTEREAU.
2. Which British writer did Frederic seek to emulate in his youth?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Walter Scott.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Jane Austen.
3. What is Mademoiselle Vatnaz's ambition?
(a) To own an art gallery.
(b) To paint Marie Arnoux's portrait.
(c) To become a teacher.
(d) To be published in a magazine.
4. What is Frederic planning to study?
5. What title did Dambreuse have that he dropped?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederic do with the extra allowance his mother sends him for tutoring?
2. What is the name of Frederic's friend from law school who lives with his working-class girlfriend and happily studies law?
3. Who is Frederic returning from visiting in hopes he will include him in his will?
4. What is Hussonet's job?
5. What does Sénécal believe the sole purpose of art to be?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)