|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Frederic's friend from law school who lives with his working-class girlfriend and happily studies law?
(a) Baptiste Martinon.
(b) Monsieur de Cisy.
(c) Jacques Arnoux.
(d) Charles Deslauriers
2. Why does Madame Moreau refuse to have anything to do with Monsieur Roque?
(a) He is the election-rigger for the district.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is a known gambler and thief.
(d) He is living in sin with his maid.
3. What topics does Frederic discuss with the man he meets on the ship?
(a) Theatre and literature.
(b) Tobacco and women.
(c) Family and hobbies.
(d) Politics and religion.
4. Which British writer did Frederic seek to emulate in his youth?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Walter Scott.
5. Who is Frederic returning from visiting in hopes he will include him in his will?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) His benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of this novel?
2. Why does Regimbart like to visit cafés and billiard saloons?
3. What is the name of Frederic's aristocratic friend from law school whom Frederic considers to be very dim?
4. What is Hussonet's job?
5. What is Mademoiselle Vatnaz's ambition?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)