|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of this novel?
(a) Gustave Flaubert.
(b) Frederic Moreau.
(c) Honore Balzac.
(d) Victor Hugo.
2. What insult is thrown at Deslauriers that started the schoolyard fight that begins his friendship with Frederic?
(a) Beggar's brat.
(b) Rich boy.
(d) Big boy.
3. What is the name of the man that Frederic meets on the ship?
(a) Charles Deslauriers.
(b) Roque Deslauriers.
(c) Jacques Arnoux.
(d) Jacques Montmartre.
4. Where does Frederic ask Hussonet to take him?
(a) Dambreuse's house.
(b) Jacques Arnoux's gallery.
(c) Dambreuse's gallery
(d) Jacques Arnoux's house.
5. What is Hussonet's job?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He works for fashion papers and writes advertisements for L'Art Industriel.
(c) He is an actor in vaudeville.
(d) He owns an art gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beautiful woman's daughter?
2. Which British writer did Frederic seek to emulate in his youth?
3. Frederic is worried about his appearance as he goes to visit Dambreuse until he remembers which fact about him?
4. What title did Dambreuse have that he dropped?
5. What award did Frederic Moreau win at his school that made his mother proud?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)