|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Frederic at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 40 years old.
2. What lie does Frederic tell Deslauriers to explain what happened to the francs he was going to invest in his project?
(a) He invested it in Dambreuses' company.
(b) He loaned it to Jacques Arnoux.
(c) He loaned it to Regimbart.
(d) He lost it in a card game.
3. Which character is dissatisfied with his dining experience at the Trois-Frères-Provençaux?
4. What is Dussardier's most prized possession?
(a) His box.
(b) His watch.
(c) His car.
(d) His pipe.
5. What become his principle interests after Deslauriers loses interest in metaphysics?
(a) Psychoanalysis and the Bolshevik Revolution.
(b) Reconstruction and the American Revolution.
(c) Economics and the French Revolution.
(d) Aesthetics and Ancient Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do Hussonet and Deslauriers convince Frederic to invest in their political newspaper?
2. Where does Deslauriers see Marie Arnoux for the first time?
3. What is LÁrt industriel?
4. Who is Frederic returning from visiting in hopes he will include him in his will?
5. To whom does Frederic suggest the portrait he commissions be given?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)