|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Pellerin decide are more important in art than Beauty and Unity?
(a) Light and Shadow.
(b) Line and Form.
(c) Diversity and Character.
(d) Color and Subject.
2. Why does Sénécal lose his job for the third time?
(a) He refuses to teach art because it is not analytical.
(b) He refuses to give grades because they are meaningless.
(c) He refuses to give prizes because they are elitist.
(d) He refuses to teach religious education because he is an atheist.
3. What lie does Dambreuse tell Martinon about Cécile in an effort to break up the young couple?
(a) Cécile is a fallen woman.
(b) Cécile is an orphan and has no dowry.
(c) Cécile dreams of entering a convent and becoming a nun.
(d) Cécile is Martinon's half sister.
4. Why does Frederic stop attending class after only two weeks?
(a) He dislikes his classmates.
(b) The classes are too difficult.
(c) The classes are too expensive.
(d) He is bored.
5. What does Rosanette reveal her age to be in Chapter 1 of Part Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hussonet's job?
2. What does Frederic do with the money he gets from selling his new outfit to a second-hand clothes dealer?
3. What effect does the change in government have in Paris?
4. Where does Hussonet tell Frederic that Arnoux is going in Chapter 5?
5. Seeing which trinket incites an argument between Rosanette and Mademoiselle Vatnaz?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)