Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
2. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
3. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
4. Who is the next person to come to London?
5. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
Discuss whether you think the Colonel is a good match for Marianne. Is he a direct replacement for her sister? Do you think the match is more for the sake of Elinor than Marianne? If so, how much does Elinor's practicality oppress her sister's spontaneity?
Discuss Austen's life. In what way do you think her life and personality is reflected in the book?
Lucy and Anne Steele make a striking contrast to Elinor and Marianne Dashwood. Discuss this contrast.
1) What are the similarities and differences between the two pairs of sisters? Why do you think they do not get along?
2) Do the relationships between each pair of sisters work in a similar way?
3) How does Austen use the contrast to present her opinions on class and privileged upbringings?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)