|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She loves Brandon
(b) She is over Willoughby
(c) She still loves Willoughby
(d) She has been very naive
2. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(b) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(c) Her husband is having an affair
(d) John has given the Dashwoods money
3. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 20,000 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 2,000 pounds
(d) 5,000 pounds
4. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
(a) She goes for long walks
(b) She exercises and reads books
(c) She make sure she is around people all the time
(d) She sleeps
5. Who arrives to see Marianne?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) Sir John Middleton
(d) Mrs Jennings
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
2. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
3. Who do John and Fanny plan a party for?
4. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
5. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
2. How are Elinor and Marianne different from the society they live in?
3. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
4. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
5. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
6. How do the sisters differing reactions to leaving London show the contrast between sense and sensibility?
7. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
8. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
9. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
10. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)