|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
(a) John Dashwood
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
2. What does Marianne agree to accept?
(a) Willoughby's guilt
(b) That Willoughby did not love her
(c) That she does have the charm to marry someone like Willoughby
(d) That Brandon is a good man
3. Where does Edward want to go?
4. What does Edward ask Elinor?
(a) To marry him
(b) To come to London
(c) For some money
(d) To be bridesmaid at his wedding to Miss Grey
5. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
(a) She would be too near WIlloughby
(b) She will be too close to Edward
(c) She will be too far away from Edward
(d) She would not be around enough people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor tell Marianne?
2. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
3. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
4. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
5. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
2. Do you think the Dashwoods like John?
3. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
4. Why is having sense so important to Elinor?
5. Is Elinor and Edward's marriage a victory of true love over societal expectations?
6. Is Brandon an honorable man?
7. In what ways does Marianne's illness show the difference between the characters?
8. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
9. How much does Marianne's mental state contribute to her illness?
10. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)