|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(b) John has given the Dashwoods money
(c) Her husband is having an affair
(d) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
2. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He is poor
(b) That he is a nice, ordinary man
(c) He is rather handsome.
(d) He makes a good father
3. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) He is just like her sister Anne
(b) He is better looking than Edward
(c) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(d) He is unpredictable
4. Who arrives to see Marianne?
(a) Sir John Middleton
(b) Mrs Jennings
(c) Colonel Brandon
5. Who does Marianne marry?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) Sir John Middleton
(d) Robert Ferrars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanny regret?
2. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
4. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
5. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
2. What does Elinor's unhappy reaction show about her logical character?
3. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
4. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
5. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
6. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
7. Is Brandon an honorable man?
8. Does Marianne's illness change her?
9. What did you think are the differences between Willoughby's story and Brandon's earlier tale?
10. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)