|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the cottage?
(b) Sir John
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) Mrs. Jennings
2. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
(a) Because she thinks she could of gotten money out of John if she had tried harder
(b) Because she married the wrong man
(c) Because she thinks she could of done more to help Elinor
(d) Because she thinks she is to blame for Marianne's illness
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
(a) No one
(c) John Dashwood
(d) Colonel Brandon
4. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
(a) Miss Palmer
(b) Miss Morton
(c) Miss Grey
(d) Miss Smith
5. Who is the next person to come to London?
(a) The Palmers
(b) John Dashwood
(c) The Middletons
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
3. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
4. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
5. What happens to Willoughby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
2. Why do you think Fanny and Lady Middleton get along so well?
3. Is Brandon an honorable man?
4. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
5. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
6. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
7. How are Elinor and Marianne different from the society they live in?
8. Why is having sense so important to Elinor?
9. What did you think are the differences between Willoughby's story and Brandon's earlier tale?
10. Do you think Marianne can be happy with Colonel Brandon?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)