|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has had a baby boy
(b) She has had a baby girl
(c) She has taken ill
(d) She has inherited a lot of money
2. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
(a) She shouts at Edward for playing with her feelings
(b) She becomes the good hostess
(c) She walks out of the room
(d) She tells Edward she loves him
3. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Robert Ferrars
4. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) It is his family tradition
(c) For money
(d) Her father threatened to kill him if he did not
5. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) Sir John
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Elinor upset?
2. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
3. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
4. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
5. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
2. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
3. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
4. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
5. Does Marianne's illness change her?
6. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
7. Do you think the Dashwoods like John?
8. Is Lucy a bad person?
9. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
10. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)