|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor upset?
(a) Colonel Brandon has withdrawn his offer of the parsonage
(b) Edward is ill
(c) Her mother is unhappy
(d) She thinks Edward is marrying Lucy
2. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
(c) Hooping cough
3. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) He is better looking than Edward
(b) He is unpredictable
(c) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(d) He is just like her sister Anne
4. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
(a) Brandon would ask her to marry him
(b) Lucy would pass away
(c) Lucy's impatirnce would get the better of her
(d) Edward would break his engagement with Lucy
5. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(d) The Fall
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
2. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
3. Why is Fanny upset?
4. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
5. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Lucy a bad person?
2. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
3. What does Elinor's unhappy reaction show about her logical character?
4. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
5. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
6. Is Brandon an honorable man?
7. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
8. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
9. Is Elinor and Edward's marriage a victory of true love over societal expectations?
10. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)