|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) Play golf
(b) Play polo
(c) Horse riding
(d) On a shopping trip
2. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
(a) For sympathy
(b) To appear a good match for Marianne
(c) To make Marianne feel better
(d) To appear a good match for Elinor
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
(a) Sir John
(c) John Dashwood
4. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) He is just like her sister Anne
(b) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(c) He is better looking than Edward
(d) He is unpredictable
5. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
(a) He will not be able to see him as much
(b) It makes Edward a more attractive prospect
(c) He has shut himself out from normal society
(d) Robert is an atheist
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Dashwood want to move to?
2. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
3. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
4. What happens to Willoughby?
5. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Brandon an honorable man?
2. Why is having sense so important to Elinor?
3. In what ways does Marianne's illness show the difference between the characters?
4. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
5. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
6. Why does Austen present John Dashwood as a comic figure?
7. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
8. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
9. Is Lucy a bad person?
10. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)