|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Dashwood want to move to?
2. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He does not mix with good enough company
(b) He does want to marry anybody.
(c) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
(d) He only wants Marianne
3. Who comes to the cottage?
(a) Sir John
(b) Colonel Brandon
(d) Mrs. Jennings
4. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
(b) Mrs. Ferrars
(c) John Dashwood
5. Who does Marianne marry?
(a) Robert Ferrars
(b) Sir John Middleton
(d) Colonel Brandon
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
2. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
3. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
4. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
5. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
2. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
3. In what ways does Marianne's illness show the difference between the characters?
4. How do the sisters differing reactions to leaving London show the contrast between sense and sensibility?
5. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
6. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
7. Does Marianne's illness change her?
8. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
9. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
10. What did you think are the differences between Willoughby's story and Brandon's earlier tale?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)