|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A musical party
(b) A fancy dress party
(c) A libertine party
(d) A nature party
2. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(c) Leighton Buzzard
3. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(b) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
(c) That she needs to go home and sleep
(d) That she can never forgive Willoughby
4. Where does Edward want to go?
5. Who do John and Fanny plan a party for?
(b) The Middleton's
(c) The Steele sistees
(d) The Dashwood sisters
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
2. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
3. Who does Marianne marry?
4. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
5. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
2. Do you think Marianne can be happy with Colonel Brandon?
3. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
4. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
5. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
6. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
7. Why do you think Fanny and Lady Middleton get along so well?
8. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
9. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
10. Is Elinor and Edward's marriage a victory of true love over societal expectations?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)