|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) The Steele sisters and the Middleton's
(d) Their mother
2. What does Marianne agree to accept?
(a) That Willoughby did not love her
(b) That Brandon is a good man
(c) Willoughby's guilt
(d) That she does have the charm to marry someone like Willoughby
3. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
(d) Emotionally detached
4. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 20,000 pounds
(b) 5,000 pounds
(c) 2,000 pounds
(d) 10,000 pounds
5. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A musical party
(b) A fancy dress party
(c) A libertine party
(d) A nature party
Short Answer Questions
1. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
2. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
3. What did Edward come to regret?
4. Why is Elinor surprised at her friends?
5. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
2. Does Marianne's illness change her?
3. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
4. Do you think Marianne can be happy with Colonel Brandon?
5. Is Elinor and Edward's marriage a victory of true love over societal expectations?
6. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
7. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
8. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
9. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
10. Why does Austen present John Dashwood as a comic figure?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)