|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too small for a married couple
(b) It is not very pretty
(c) It is too old and needs repairs
(d) It is located outside the village
2. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) His enagement to Lucy
(b) His friendship with Elinor
(c) That he was ever born
(d) That he did not have a profession
3. Who do the Dashwoods see while out?
(a) John Dashwood
(c) Sir John Middleton
4. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Nursing her when she falls ill
(b) Taking her shopping
(c) Through flattery
(d) Supporting her financially
5. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) On a shopping trip
(b) Play polo
(c) Play golf
(d) Horse riding
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
2. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
3. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
4. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
5. Where does Edward want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Marianne's illness change her?
2. Do you think Marianne can be happy with Colonel Brandon?
3. How do the sisters differing reactions to leaving London show the contrast between sense and sensibility?
4. Do you think the Dashwoods like John?
5. In what ways are Marianne and Mrs. Dashwood alike?
6. How much does Marianne's mental state contribute to her illness?
7. Why is having sense so important to Elinor?
8. Why does the Colonel ask Elinor to tell Edward about his new position in the Parish?
9. How does Austen present the character of John Dashwood?
10. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)