|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is not very pretty
(b) It is too small for a married couple
(c) It is too old and needs repairs
(d) It is located outside the village
2. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(d) Leighton Buzzard
3. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) Marianne gets better
(b) Elinor begs him to stay.
(c) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(d) Marianne begs him to stay
4. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That she can never forgive Willoughby
(b) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
(c) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(d) That she needs to go home and sleep
5. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Nursing her when she falls ill
(b) Through flattery
(c) Taking her shopping
(d) Supporting her financially
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
2. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
3. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
4. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
5. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Marianne's illness show the difference between the characters?
2. Is Lucy a bad person?
3. What are the differences between the Steele sisters and the Dashwood sisters?
4. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
5. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
6. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
7. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
8. How much does Marianne's mental state contribute to her illness?
9. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
10. How does Austen present the character of John Dashwood?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)