|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
(a) That she wants to marry Brandon
(b) That she wants to see Willoughby again
(c) Willoughby's story
(d) That she is moving back to Norland
2. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She still loves Willoughby
(b) She has been very naive
(c) She is over Willoughby
(d) She loves Brandon
3. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(a) Barton Cottage
4. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) Because he has little money
(b) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(c) Because of his treatment of Marianne
(d) She does not like him enough
5. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(b) Lucy Steele
(d) Anne Steele
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
2. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
3. Why does Elinor think the marriage between Edward and Lucy was so quick?
4. What does Edward ask Elinor?
5. Who arrives to see Marianne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Brandon an honorable man?
2. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
3. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
4. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
5. What did you think are the differences between Willoughby's story and Brandon's earlier tale?
6. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
7. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
8. Is Willoughby a better match for Marianne than the Colonel?
9. How are Elinor and Marianne different from the society they live in?
10. What are the differences between the Steele sisters and the Dashwood sisters?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)