|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor upset?
(a) She thinks Edward is marrying Lucy
(b) Edward is ill
(c) Her mother is unhappy
(d) Colonel Brandon has withdrawn his offer of the parsonage
2. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(b) Leighton Buzzard
3. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too old and needs repairs
(b) It is located outside the village
(c) It is too small for a married couple
(d) It is not very pretty
4. Who comes to the cottage?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) Sir John
(d) Mrs. Jennings
5. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
(a) Miss Smith
(b) Miss Grey
(c) Miss Palmer
(d) Miss Morton
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
2. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
3. Where does Edward want to go?
4. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
5. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
2. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
3. Is John completely dominated by his wife?
4. Is Elinor closer to Marianne in character than first thought?
5. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
6. Does Marianne's illness change her?
7. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
8. How much does Marianne's mental state contribute to her illness?
9. Is Lucy a bad person?
10. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)