|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A nature party
(b) A libertine party
(c) A musical party
(d) A fancy dress party
2. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
(a) Mrs. Jennings and John Dashwood
(b) Fanny Dashwood and Mrs. Jennings
(c) John Dashwood and Mrs. Palmer
(d) Willoughby and Fanny Dashwood
3. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
(a) It has not made him feel happy
(b) He does not love Miss Grey
(c) He just want to feel sorry for himself
(d) He feels sorry that he has hurt Marianne
4. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
(b) Sir John
(d) John Dashwood
5. Who do the Dashwoods see while out?
(a) John Dashwood
(d) Sir John Middleton
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
2. Why is Elinor upset?
3. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
4. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
5. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Austen present the character of John Dashwood?
2. Has Elinor's sense always had a positive impact on the characters?
3. In what ways are Marianne and Mrs. Dashwood alike?
4. Why do you think Fanny and Lady Middleton get along so well?
5. Why is having sense so important to Elinor?
6. What did you think are the differences between Willoughby's story and Brandon's earlier tale?
7. Is Brandon an honorable man?
8. In what ways does Marianne's illness show the difference between the characters?
9. Describe Mrs. Jennings role within the story.
10. Have the sisters changed during their time in London?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)