|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
2. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) Lady Middleton
(d) John and Fanny Dashwood
3. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
(a) Sending Willoughby letters
(b) Talking to her sister about WIlloughby
(c) Spreading rumors
(d) Nagging her to tidy up
4. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He has a dark past
(b) He is dimwitted
(c) He is a libertine
(d) He is a good man
5. What does Marianne notice under Edward's ring?
(b) A small photograph
(c) A lock of a hair
(d) A piece of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
2. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
3. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
4. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
5. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Marianne in love with Willoughby?
2. How do the group's discussion of what they will do with a fortune express their individual characters?
3. Do you think John is a naturally selfish person, or has Fanny turned him against his family?
4. Why is the fact the sisters are going to London so important?
5. What do you think the importance of Willoughby is to the story at this point?
6. Why does Elinor dislike Willoughby so much?
7. Why, if Elinor is so independent thinking and the one person in the family with sense, does she write to her mother for advice?
8. How is Willoughby's letter symbolize his manipulative nature?
9. What does Sir John's character say about eighteenth century upper class?
10. Do you think Mrs. Dashwood's love of her daughter holds them back?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)