|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
(c) After breakfast
(d) After lunch
2. What does Marianne plan to do while in London?
(a) Find a husband
(b) Visit Willoughby
(c) Visit the national gallery
(d) Meet royalty
3. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
(c) His own
(d) His brother's
4. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
(d) John Dashwood
5. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) Oxford Street in London
(b) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(d) A shipping business
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs.Jennings bring for a visit?
2. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
3. Whom does Elinor send a letter to when she arrives in London?
4. For how long do Lucy and Anne stay at Barton Park?
5. What does Marianne do at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think John and Fanny have illegitimate reasons for not giving money to the Dashwood's?
2. Is Lucy a bad person?
3. How does Edward's arrival produce new hope for the Dashwood's?
4. Do you think Mrs. Dashwood's love of her daughter holds them back?
5. Why is it important that the Colonel is one of the oldest characters in the book?
6. Does Elinor make the right decision in telling her about Willoughby?
7. Is is right that and true to the character of Elinor that she should forgive Edward so easily?
8. What is the importance of the Steele's appearance in the story?
9. How is Mrs. Dashwood one of the more unselfish characters in the book?
10. Outline what you think are Elinor's main characteristics.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)