|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He is rather handsome.
(b) He is poor
(c) He makes a good father
(d) That he is a nice, ordinary man
2. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He only wants Marianne
(b) He does want to marry anybody.
(c) He does not mix with good enough company
(d) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
3. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
(a) John Dashwood and Mrs. Palmer
(b) Willoughby and Fanny Dashwood
(c) Fanny Dashwood and Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mrs. Jennings and John Dashwood
4. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
(a) She shouts at Edward for playing with her feelings
(b) She becomes the good hostess
(c) She tells Edward she loves him
(d) She walks out of the room
5. Who does Edward say has married Lucy?
(a) His brother Robert
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Sir John
6. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 2,000 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 5,000 pounds
(d) 20,000 pounds
7. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
(d) Hooping cough
8. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
(a) John Dashwood
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
9. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(b) It takes a week to travel there
(c) It is near to Willoughby's family home
(d) She is feeling ill
10. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She has to go and see her mother.
(b) She is worried her baby will get sick.
(c) She is worried she will get sick
(d) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
11. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
(a) Three days
(b) Five days
(c) Four days
(d) Ten days
12. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
13. What is Elinor's reaction to the news that Edward is not marrying Lucy?
(a) She begs him to marry her
(b) She asks Edward to leave
(c) She cries for joy
(d) She slaps Edward across the cheek
14. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
(a) He needs friends
(b) He will no longer be associated with her family
(c) He is destined to have a tragic life
(d) His story was very sad
15. Why is Colonel Brandon pleased?
(a) Because Marianne is better
(b) Because he has inherited some money
(c) Because of the attention Marianne bestows on him
(d) Because Mrs Dashwood buys him a thank you gift
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs Jennings tell about Elinor's engagement?
2. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
3. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
4. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
5. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)