|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Marianne contract?
2. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(b) Her husband is having an affair
(c) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(d) John has given the Dashwoods money
3. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(a) The Fall
4. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
(c) Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mr. Ferrars
5. What does Fanny regret?
(a) Telling Elinor Edward is marrying Lucy
(b) Not bringing her umbrella
(c) Not visiting the Dashwoods while they were in London
(d) Not giving the Dashwood's financial support
6. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) It takes a week to travel there
(b) It is near to Willoughby's family home
(c) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(d) She is feeling ill
7. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
(a) Brandon would ask her to marry him
(b) Lucy's impatirnce would get the better of her
(c) Lucy would pass away
(d) Edward would break his engagement with Lucy
8. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
(a) Mr. Palmer and Mrs. Jennings
(b) Elinor and Mrs. Jennings
(c) Mr. Palmer and Elinor
(d) Elinor and Margaret
9. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has had a baby boy
(b) She has had a baby girl
(c) She has inherited a lot of money
(d) She has taken ill
10. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
(a) To appear a good match for Marianne
(b) To appear a good match for Elinor
(c) To make Marianne feel better
(d) For sympathy
11. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) That he did not have a profession
(b) That he was ever born
(c) His friendship with Elinor
(d) His enagement to Lucy
12. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(b) Lucy Steele
(d) Anne Steele
13. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(b) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
(c) Lucy has take ill
(d) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
14. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
(a) She feels less depressed
(b) She won't have to associate with his awful mother
(c) She did not really love him
(d) She could not live without money
15. Who comes to the cottage?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Sir John
(d) Mrs. Jennings
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
2. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
3. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
4. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
5. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)