|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) His secret about Miss Williams
(b) That he intended to marry Elinor
(c) His life story
(d) That he intended to marry Marianne
2. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That she can never forgive Willoughby
(b) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(c) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
(d) That she needs to go home and sleep
3. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She is worried she will get sick
(b) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(c) She has to go and see her mother.
(d) She is worried her baby will get sick.
4. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
(a) She throws a bucket of water over him
(b) She faints
(c) She shouts at him and insists he leaves
(d) Horrified, she tries to leave the room
5. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A nature party
(b) A fancy dress party
(c) A libertine party
(d) A musical party
6. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 5,000 pounds
(b) 2,000 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 20,000 pounds
7. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to meet Miss Williams
(b) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(c) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(d) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
8. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A church
(b) A village
(c) A factory
(d) A farm
9. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He does want to marry anybody.
(b) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
(c) He only wants Marianne
(d) He does not mix with good enough company
10. Why does Elinor think the marriage between Edward and Lucy was so quick?
(a) Because Edward fears he will change his mind
(b) Because Edward has no patience
(c) Because Lucy has no patience
(d) Before anyone can stop them.
11. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(b) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(c) He loves Marianne
(d) He won't marry
12. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy has take ill
(b) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(c) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
(d) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
13. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has taken ill
(b) She has inherited a lot of money
(c) She has had a baby girl
(d) She has had a baby boy
14. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(b) She will be in the country air
(c) She will be nearer to Barton
(d) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
15. What does Elinor tell Marianne?
(a) Willoughby's story about Miss Williams
(b) That Colonel Brandon wants to marry her
(c) That she is a bad person
(d) That Willoughby never loved her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
2. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
3. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
4. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
5. What does Edward ask Elinor?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)