|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
(a) Miss Williams
(d) Miss Grey
2. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
(a) That Elinor marries Colonel Brandon
(b) That Mrs. Dashwood should get a job
(c) That Edward writes his mother a letter to apologize
(d) That Mrs. Dashwood comes to live with them at Norwood
3. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He does want to marry anybody.
(b) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
(c) He only wants Marianne
(d) He does not mix with good enough company
4. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A nature party
(b) A libertine party
(c) A musical party
(d) A fancy dress party
5. Who does Mrs Jennings tell about Elinor's engagement?
(a) John Dashwood
6. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A church
(b) A factory
(c) A farm
(d) A village
7. What is Elinor's reaction to the news that Edward is not marrying Lucy?
(a) She asks Edward to leave
(b) She begs him to marry her
(c) She cries for joy
(d) She slaps Edward across the cheek
8. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
(a) She exercises and reads books
(b) She goes for long walks
(c) She sleeps
(d) She make sure she is around people all the time
9. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(d) Barton Cottage
10. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
(b) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
(c) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
(d) Edward is in town
11. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(b) Marianne begs him to stay
(c) Marianne gets better
(d) Elinor begs him to stay.
12. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 2,000 pounds
(b) 5,000 pounds
(c) 20,000 pounds
(d) 10,000 pounds
13. What does Edward ask Elinor?
(a) To come to London
(b) To be bridesmaid at his wedding to Miss Grey
(c) To marry him
(d) For some money
14. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too old and needs repairs
(b) It is located outside the village
(c) It is too small for a married couple
(d) It is not very pretty
15. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward come to regret?
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
3. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
4. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
5. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)