|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He is rather handsome.
(b) That he is a nice, ordinary man
(c) He makes a good father
(d) He is poor
2. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Nursing her when she falls ill
(b) Supporting her financially
(c) Through flattery
(d) Taking her shopping
3. Why does Marianne have to spend a day with Mrs. Palmer and Mrs.Jennings?
(a) She does not know the area well enough
(b) Elinor tells her it would be rude not to
(c) Because it is raining
(d) She is trying to get on Mrs. Jennings' good side.
4. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
(a) He feels sorry that he has hurt Marianne
(b) He does not love Miss Grey
(c) He just want to feel sorry for himself
(d) It has not made him feel happy
5. Where does Edward want to go?
6. Where does Mrs. Dashwood want to move to?
7. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He won't marry
(b) He loves Marianne
(c) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(d) He has no money, but still refuses to work
8. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(a) Sir John
(c) Colonel Brandon
9. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
(a) She throws a bucket of water over him
(b) She shouts at him and insists he leaves
(c) Horrified, she tries to leave the room
(d) She faints
10. Where do the Palmers live?
11. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
12. Who does Mrs Jennings tell about Elinor's engagement?
(b) John Dashwood
13. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
(a) She was pregnant
(b) It is his family tradition
(c) For money
(d) Her father threatened to kill him if he did not
14. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
(a) Four days
(b) Three days
(c) Ten days
(d) Five days
15. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) His friendship with Elinor
(b) His enagement to Lucy
(c) That he did not have a profession
(d) That he was ever born
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
2. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
3. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
4. Who comes to the cottage?
5. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)