|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) The Steele sisters and the Middleton's
(d) Their mother
2. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
(b) The Palmers
(c) The Steele sisters
(d) John and Fanny Dashwood
3. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has inherited a lot of money
(b) She has had a baby boy
(c) She has had a baby girl
(d) She has taken ill
4. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
(a) Miss Palmer
(b) Miss Morton
(c) Miss Grey
(d) Miss Smith
5. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
(a) To propose to Elinor
(b) To propose to Marianne
(c) To apologize
(d) To find out if Marianne is better from her illness.
6. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(b) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(c) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) He has to meet Miss Williams
7. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Supporting her financially
(b) Nursing her when she falls ill
(c) Taking her shopping
(d) Through flattery
8. What does Edward ask Elinor?
(a) For some money
(b) To be bridesmaid at his wedding to Miss Grey
(c) To marry him
(d) To come to London
9. What happens to Willoughby?
(a) He goes abroad
(b) He becomes independently wealthy
(c) He falls into poverty
(d) He marries Miss Williams
10. Where do Marianne and Elinor move to?
11. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He won't marry
(b) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(c) He loves Marianne
(d) He has no money, but still refuses to work
12. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
(a) She will be too close to Edward
(b) She will be too far away from Edward
(c) She would be too near WIlloughby
(d) She would not be around enough people
13. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
(a) He does not love Miss Grey
(b) He just want to feel sorry for himself
(c) It has not made him feel happy
(d) He feels sorry that he has hurt Marianne
14. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(b) Her husband is having an affair
(c) John has given the Dashwoods money
(d) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
15. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
(b) He does not mix with good enough company
(c) He only wants Marianne
(d) He does want to marry anybody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
2. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
3. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
4. What does Marianne agree to accept?
5. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)