|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
(c) Hooping cough
2. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
(b) Their mother
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) The Steele sisters and the Middleton's
3. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
(a) Miss Grey
(d) Miss Williams
4. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(d) Barton Cottage
5. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) Lucy Steele
(d) Anne Steele
6. Who do the Dashwoods see while out?
(b) Sir John Middleton
(c) John Dashwood
7. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) Her husband is having an affair
(b) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(c) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(d) John has given the Dashwoods money
8. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
(b) John Dashwood
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
9. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
(a) She tells Edward she loves him
(b) She shouts at Edward for playing with her feelings
(c) She becomes the good hostess
(d) She walks out of the room
10. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
(b) That she can never forgive Willoughby
(c) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(d) That she needs to go home and sleep
11. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
(b) Mr Palmer
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) Mrs Brandon
12. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
(b) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(c) She will be nearer to Barton
(d) She will be in the country air
13. What does Marianne agree to accept?
(a) Willoughby's guilt
(b) That she does have the charm to marry someone like Willoughby
(c) That Brandon is a good man
(d) That Willoughby did not love her
14. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
(a) It makes Edward a more attractive prospect
(b) He has shut himself out from normal society
(c) He will not be able to see him as much
(d) Robert is an atheist
15. Why is Colonel Brandon pleased?
(a) Because of the attention Marianne bestows on him
(b) Because he has inherited some money
(c) Because Marianne is better
(d) Because Mrs Dashwood buys him a thank you gift
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
3. Who does Mrs Jennings tell about Elinor's engagement?
4. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
5. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)