|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne have to spend a day with Mrs. Palmer and Mrs.Jennings?
(a) Because it is raining
(b) She does not know the area well enough
(c) She is trying to get on Mrs. Jennings' good side.
(d) Elinor tells her it would be rude not to
2. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
(a) To make Marianne feel better
(b) To appear a good match for Marianne
(c) To appear a good match for Elinor
(d) For sympathy
3. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
(a) Mrs. Jennings and John Dashwood
(b) Willoughby and Fanny Dashwood
(c) Fanny Dashwood and Mrs. Jennings
(d) John Dashwood and Mrs. Palmer
4. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
(a) Ten days
(b) Four days
(c) Three days
(d) Five days
5. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He makes a good father
(b) He is poor
(c) He is rather handsome.
(d) That he is a nice, ordinary man
6. Why is Elinor upset?
(a) Colonel Brandon has withdrawn his offer of the parsonage
(b) She thinks Edward is marrying Lucy
(c) Edward is ill
(d) Her mother is unhappy
7. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) She is feeling ill
(b) It takes a week to travel there
(c) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(d) It is near to Willoughby's family home
8. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(b) Marianne gets better
(c) Marianne begs him to stay
(d) Elinor begs him to stay.
9. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(b) The Fall
10. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) On a shopping trip
(b) Play polo
(c) Horse riding
(d) Play golf
11. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
(a) She will be too close to Edward
(b) She would not be around enough people
(c) She will be too far away from Edward
(d) She would be too near WIlloughby
12. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(a) Sir John
(b) Colonel Brandon
13. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) John and Fanny Dashwood
(c) The Palmers
14. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
(a) Mr. Ferrars
(d) Mrs. Jennings
15. Who is the next person to come to London?
(a) The Palmers
(c) John Dashwood
(d) The Middletons
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
2. What does Fanny regret?
3. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
4. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
5. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)