|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Edward say has married Lucy?
(b) Sir John
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) His brother Robert
2. Where do Marianne and Elinor move to?
3. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) Her husband is having an affair
(b) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(c) John has given the Dashwoods money
(d) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
4. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
(a) To find out if Marianne is better from her illness.
(b) To propose to Marianne
(c) To propose to Elinor
(d) To apologize
5. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
(a) Elinor and Margaret
(b) Mr. Palmer and Elinor
(c) Elinor and Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mr. Palmer and Mrs. Jennings
6. What illness does Marianne contract?
7. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
(b) She will be nearer to Barton
(c) She will be in the country air
(d) Colonel Brandon lives near by
8. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(b) The Fall
9. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
(a) That Elinor marries Colonel Brandon
(b) That Edward writes his mother a letter to apologize
(c) That Mrs. Dashwood should get a job
(d) That Mrs. Dashwood comes to live with them at Norwood
10. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
(a) The Steele sisters
(c) The Palmers
(d) John and Fanny Dashwood
11. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
(a) Robert Ferrars
(d) Colonel Brandon
12. Who arrives to see Marianne?
(b) Sir John Middleton
(c) Mrs Jennings
(d) Colonel Brandon
13. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
(a) She could not live without money
(b) She won't have to associate with his awful mother
(c) She did not really love him
(d) She feels less depressed
14. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
(a) Miss Palmer
(b) Miss Grey
(c) Miss Smith
(d) Miss Morton
15. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
(a) Hooping cough
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Elinor known about the engagement?
2. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
3. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
4. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
5. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)