|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elinor surprised at her friends?
(a) None of them have told her about Edward's marriage to Lucy
(b) They think Brandon is a better match for her
(c) They have not spoken to her for weeks
(d) They tell her they never liked Edward in the first place
2. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) Robert Ferrars
3. Who are the next people to arrive in London?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) The Palmers
(c) The Ferrar brothers
(d) John and Fanny Dashwood
4. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
(a) Mr Palmer
(b) Colonel Brandon
(d) Mrs Brandon
5. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too old and needs repairs
(b) It is not very pretty
(c) It is too small for a married couple
(d) It is located outside the village
6. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) Play polo
(b) On a shopping trip
(c) Play golf
(d) Horse riding
7. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Taking her shopping
(b) Through flattery
(c) Supporting her financially
(d) Nursing her when she falls ill
8. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) His friendship with Elinor
(b) That he did not have a profession
(c) His enagement to Lucy
(d) That he was ever born
9. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
(a) That Elinor marries Colonel Brandon
(b) That Edward writes his mother a letter to apologize
(c) That Mrs. Dashwood comes to live with them at Norwood
(d) That Mrs. Dashwood should get a job
10. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
(a) Visit Edward
(b) Visit Colonel Brandon
(c) Go mushroom picking
(d) Try the local ale
11. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He does not mix with good enough company
(b) He only wants Marianne
(c) He does want to marry anybody.
(d) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
12. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
(a) It makes Edward a more attractive prospect
(b) Robert is an atheist
(c) He will not be able to see him as much
(d) He has shut himself out from normal society
13. Where does Edward want to go?
14. How long has Elinor known about the engagement?
(a) Four months
(b) One year
(c) One month
(d) Six months
15. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(d) Leighton Buzzard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
2. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
3. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
4. Where does Mrs. Dashwood want to move to?
5. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)