|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(b) John has given the Dashwoods money
(c) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(d) Her husband is having an affair
2. Who does Marianne marry?
(b) Sir John Middleton
(c) Robert Ferrars
(d) Colonel Brandon
3. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
4. What does Elinor tell Marianne?
(a) Willoughby's story about Miss Williams
(b) That she is a bad person
(c) That Colonel Brandon wants to marry her
(d) That Willoughby never loved her
5. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) His friendship with Elinor
(b) That he was ever born
(c) That he did not have a profession
(d) His enagement to Lucy
6. Who do the Dashwoods see while out?
(c) John Dashwood
(d) Sir John Middleton
7. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) She is feeling ill
(b) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(c) It is near to Willoughby's family home
(d) It takes a week to travel there
8. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
(a) She could never of been happy with him
(b) He is a womanizer
(c) He lacks self confidence
(d) She needs someone with sense
9. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
(d) Emotionally detached
10. What does Fanny regret?
(a) Not bringing her umbrella
(b) Not giving the Dashwood's financial support
(c) Not visiting the Dashwoods while they were in London
(d) Telling Elinor Edward is marrying Lucy
11. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
(b) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
(c) Edward is in town
(d) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
12. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has had a baby boy
(b) She has inherited a lot of money
(c) She has taken ill
(d) She has had a baby girl
13. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
(b) John Dashwood
(d) Sir John
14. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
(a) She would be too near WIlloughby
(b) She would not be around enough people
(c) She will be too far away from Edward
(d) She will be too close to Edward
15. Where do the Palmers live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor reflect?
2. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
3. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
4. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
5. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)