|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
(a) That she wants to marry Brandon
(b) That she wants to see Willoughby again
(c) Willoughby's story
(d) That she is moving back to Norland
2. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
(a) Sir John
(c) John Dashwood
3. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
(b) Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mr. Ferrars
4. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
(a) He lacks self confidence
(b) He is a womanizer
(c) She could never of been happy with him
(d) She needs someone with sense
5. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A farm
(b) A village
(c) A church
(d) A factory
6. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
(a) She did not really love him
(b) She feels less depressed
(c) She could not live without money
(d) She won't have to associate with his awful mother
7. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) His life story
(b) That he intended to marry Marianne
(c) That he intended to marry Elinor
(d) His secret about Miss Williams
8. Why does Robert regret his brother is becoming a rector?
(a) He will not be able to see him as much
(b) He has shut himself out from normal society
(c) Robert is an atheist
(d) It makes Edward a more attractive prospect
9. Who is the letter to Marianne from?
(c) Her mother
(d) John Dashwood
10. Why is Colonel Brandon pleased?
(a) Because Marianne is better
(b) Because he has inherited some money
(c) Because of the attention Marianne bestows on him
(d) Because Mrs Dashwood buys him a thank you gift
11. Why does Marianne have to spend a day with Mrs. Palmer and Mrs.Jennings?
(a) She is trying to get on Mrs. Jennings' good side.
(b) She does not know the area well enough
(c) Elinor tells her it would be rude not to
(d) Because it is raining
12. Why is Elinor surprised at her friends?
(a) They have not spoken to her for weeks
(b) They tell her they never liked Edward in the first place
(c) They think Brandon is a better match for her
(d) None of them have told her about Edward's marriage to Lucy
13. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She is over Willoughby
(b) She still loves Willoughby
(c) She has been very naive
(d) She loves Brandon
14. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has taken ill
(b) She has inherited a lot of money
(c) She has had a baby girl
(d) She has had a baby boy
15. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
(a) Mr Palmer
(b) Mrs Brandon
(c) Colonel Brandon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
2. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
3. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
4. Why is Elinor upset?
5. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)