|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(b) Elinor begs him to stay.
(c) Marianne begs him to stay
(d) Marianne gets better
2. What is Elinor's reaction to the news that Edward is not marrying Lucy?
(a) She begs him to marry her
(b) She asks Edward to leave
(c) She slaps Edward across the cheek
(d) She cries for joy
3. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
(a) Elinor and Margaret
(b) Elinor and Mrs. Jennings
(c) Mr. Palmer and Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mr. Palmer and Elinor
4. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
(c) Mr. Ferrars
(d) Mrs. Jennings
5. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too small for a married couple
(b) It is too old and needs repairs
(c) It is located outside the village
(d) It is not very pretty
6. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) His secret about Miss Williams
(b) That he intended to marry Elinor
(c) That he intended to marry Marianne
(d) His life story
7. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
(a) He is finally doing something with his life
(b) She can visit him.
(c) He has wanted to get a job all his life.
(d) She won't have to support him.
8. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
(b) Miss Grey
(c) Miss Williams
9. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She loves Brandon
(b) She still loves Willoughby
(c) She is over Willoughby
(d) She has been very naive
10. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Taking her shopping
(b) Nursing her when she falls ill
(c) Through flattery
(d) Supporting her financially
11. Who do the Dashwoods see while out?
(a) John Dashwood
(d) Sir John Middleton
12. Who do John and Fanny plan a party for?
(b) The Dashwood sisters
(c) The Steele sistees
(d) The Middleton's
13. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
(a) Three days
(b) Four days
(c) Five days
(d) Ten days
14. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A musical party
(b) A nature party
(c) A libertine party
(d) A fancy dress party
15. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Dashwood say is in London?
2. Who is the letter to Marianne from?
3. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
4. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
5. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)