|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) It is near to Willoughby's family home
(b) It takes a week to travel there
(c) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(d) She is feeling ill
2. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A village
(b) A church
(c) A factory
(d) A farm
3. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) Play polo
(b) Play golf
(c) On a shopping trip
(d) Horse riding
4. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
(a) Try the local ale
(b) Visit Edward
(c) Visit Colonel Brandon
(d) Go mushroom picking
5. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
(a) It has not made him feel happy
(b) He feels sorry that he has hurt Marianne
(c) He does not love Miss Grey
(d) He just want to feel sorry for himself
6. Why does Elinor think the marriage between Edward and Lucy was so quick?
(a) Because Edward fears he will change his mind
(b) Before anyone can stop them.
(c) Because Edward has no patience
(d) Because Lucy has no patience
7. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
(b) Mrs. Ferrars
(c) John Dashwood
8. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(d) Leighton Buzzard
9. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is not very pretty
(b) It is located outside the village
(c) It is too old and needs repairs
(d) It is too small for a married couple
10. What does Edward ask Elinor?
(a) To be bridesmaid at his wedding to Miss Grey
(b) To come to London
(c) For some money
(d) To marry him
11. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
(a) He needs friends
(b) His story was very sad
(c) He will no longer be associated with her family
(d) He is destined to have a tragic life
12. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She is worried her baby will get sick.
(b) She has to go and see her mother.
(c) She is worried she will get sick
(d) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
13. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She still loves Willoughby
(b) She loves Brandon
(c) She is over Willoughby
(d) She has been very naive
14. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
(a) Lucy's impatirnce would get the better of her
(b) Edward would break his engagement with Lucy
(c) Lucy would pass away
(d) Brandon would ask her to marry him
15. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) That he intended to marry Elinor
(b) His life story
(c) That he intended to marry Marianne
(d) His secret about Miss Williams
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
2. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
3. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
4. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
5. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)