|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
(a) Miss Williams
(c) Miss Grey
2. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
(b) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
(c) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
(d) Edward is in town
3. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(c) The Fall
4. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
5. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) Because of his treatment of Marianne
(b) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(c) Because he has little money
(d) She does not like him enough
6. Who does Edward say has married Lucy?
(a) Sir John
(c) His brother Robert
(d) Colonel Brandon
7. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(b) Lucy has take ill
(c) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
(d) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
8. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
(a) She throws a bucket of water over him
(b) She faints
(c) She shouts at him and insists he leaves
(d) Horrified, she tries to leave the room
9. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
(a) She loves Brandon
(b) She has been very naive
(c) She is over Willoughby
(d) She still loves Willoughby
10. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(b) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(c) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) He has to meet Miss Williams
11. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
(a) It is his family tradition
(b) Her father threatened to kill him if he did not
(c) For money
(d) She was pregnant
12. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(b) Barton Cottage
13. Where does Mrs. Dashwood want to move to?
14. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
(a) It is too small for a married couple
(b) It is located outside the village
(c) It is too old and needs repairs
(d) It is not very pretty
15. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(a) Leighton Buzzard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Dashwood receive letters from?
2. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
3. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
4. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
5. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)