|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
(a) Lucy Steele
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) Anne Steele
2. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
(a) He lacks self confidence
(b) He is a womanizer
(c) She needs someone with sense
(d) She could never of been happy with him
3. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
(a) He needs friends
(b) He is destined to have a tragic life
(c) He will no longer be associated with her family
(d) His story was very sad
4. What is Elinor's reaction to the news that Edward is not marrying Lucy?
(a) She begs him to marry her
(b) She cries for joy
(c) She asks Edward to leave
(d) She slaps Edward across the cheek
5. When do Elinor and Edward get married?
(d) The Fall
6. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy has take ill
(b) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
(c) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(d) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
7. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
(a) Because she thinks she could of done more to help Elinor
(b) Because she thinks she is to blame for Marianne's illness
(c) Because she married the wrong man
(d) Because she thinks she could of gotten money out of John if she had tried harder
8. Why is Elinor upset?
(a) Colonel Brandon has withdrawn his offer of the parsonage
(b) Edward is ill
(c) Her mother is unhappy
(d) She thinks Edward is marrying Lucy
9. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Supporting her financially
(b) Taking her shopping
(c) Through flattery
(d) Nursing her when she falls ill
10. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(a) Barton Cottage
11. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) Edward is in town
(b) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
(c) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
(d) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
12. What did Edward come to regret?
(a) His friendship with Elinor
(b) His enagement to Lucy
(c) That he was ever born
(d) That he did not have a profession
13. Why is Colonel Brandon pleased?
(a) Because he has inherited some money
(b) Because Mrs Dashwood buys him a thank you gift
(c) Because of the attention Marianne bestows on him
(d) Because Marianne is better
14. How long is the journey from London to Cleveland?
(a) Five days
(b) Four days
(c) Three days
(d) Ten days
15. Who does the Dashwood's servant say she saw in town?
(c) Mrs. Jennings
(d) Mr. Ferrars
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
2. Who does Marianne marry?
3. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
4. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
5. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)