|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next person to come to London?
(a) The Palmers
(c) The Middletons
(d) John Dashwood
2. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He loves Marianne
(b) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(c) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(d) He won't marry
3. What illness does Marianne contract?
4. How long has Elinor known about the engagement?
(a) Four months
(b) One year
(c) One month
(d) Six months
5. Why does Marianne have to spend a day with Mrs. Palmer and Mrs.Jennings?
(a) Elinor tells her it would be rude not to
(b) She is trying to get on Mrs. Jennings' good side.
(c) She does not know the area well enough
(d) Because it is raining
6. Why does Elinor think the marriage between Edward and Lucy was so quick?
(a) Because Edward fears he will change his mind
(b) Because Lucy has no patience
(c) Because Edward has no patience
(d) Before anyone can stop them.
7. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) The Steele sisters and the Middleton's
(d) Their mother
8. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(b) He is just like her sister Anne
(c) He is unpredictable
(d) He is better looking than Edward
9. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) She does not like him enough
(b) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(c) Because he has little money
(d) Because of his treatment of Marianne
10. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be nearer to Barton
(b) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(c) She will be in the country air
(d) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
11. What does Marianne ask Elinor to tell their mother?
(a) Willoughby's story
(b) That she wants to see Willoughby again
(c) That she is moving back to Norland
(d) That she wants to marry Brandon
12. Who arrives to see Marianne?
(b) Mrs Jennings
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) Sir John Middleton
13. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(c) Sir John
(d) Colonel Brandon
14. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He is rather handsome.
(b) That he is a nice, ordinary man
(c) He makes a good father
(d) He is poor
15. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
(c) Emotionally detached
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
2. Where do the Palmers live?
3. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
4. Where do Marianne and Elinor move to?
5. What does Marianne agree to accept?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)