Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
(b) Mr Palmer
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) Mrs Brandon
2. Who is the next person to arrive in Cleveland?
(a) Lucy Steele
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(d) Anne Steele
3. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
(a) Because she married the wrong man
(b) Because she thinks she could of done more to help Elinor
(c) Because she thinks she is to blame for Marianne's illness
(d) Because she thinks she could of gotten money out of John if she had tried harder
4. Who is the next person to come to London?
(a) The Palmers
(c) John Dashwood
(d) The Middletons
5. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
(a) To propose to Marianne
(b) To propose to Elinor
(c) To apologize
(d) To find out if Marianne is better from her illness.
6. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(d) Robert Ferrars
7. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He loves Marianne
(b) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(c) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(d) He won't marry
8. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
(a) Miss Grey
(b) Miss Morton
(c) Miss Smith
(d) Miss Palmer
9. Who are the next people to arrive in London?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) The Palmers
(c) John and Fanny Dashwood
(d) The Ferrar brothers
10. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
(a) For money
(b) Her father threatened to kill him if he did not
(c) It is his family tradition
(d) She was pregnant
11. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) That he intended to marry Elinor
(b) That he intended to marry Marianne
(c) His life story
(d) His secret about Miss Williams
12. How long has Elinor known about the engagement?
(a) One year
(b) Four months
(c) One month
(d) Six months
13. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
(b) She will be nearer to Barton
(c) She will be in the country air
(d) Colonel Brandon lives near by
14. Where do the Dashwoods travel to next?
(b) Barton Cottage
15. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
(a) She goes for long walks
(b) She exercises and reads books
(c) She sleeps
(d) She make sure she is around people all the time
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
2. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
3. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
4. What does Marianne agree to accept?
5. What does Edward ask Elinor?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)