|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne have to spend a day with Mrs. Palmer and Mrs.Jennings?
(a) She is trying to get on Mrs. Jennings' good side.
(b) Because it is raining
(c) Elinor tells her it would be rude not to
(d) She does not know the area well enough
2. Who enters the room when Lucy and Elinor are having a conversation?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) Robert Ferrars
3. Where do Marianne and Elinor move to?
4. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
(a) Edward would break his engagement with Lucy
(b) Lucy's impatirnce would get the better of her
(c) Lucy would pass away
(d) Brandon would ask her to marry him
5. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) Play polo
(b) On a shopping trip
(c) Play golf
(d) Horse riding
6. How much money does Mrs. Ferrars give her son?
(a) 5,000 pounds
(b) 20,000 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 2,000 pounds
7. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
(a) He is finally doing something with his life
(b) She can visit him.
(c) He has wanted to get a job all his life.
(d) She won't have to support him.
8. What has happened to Mrs Palmer?
(a) She has inherited a lot of money
(b) She has had a baby girl
(c) She has had a baby boy
(d) She has taken ill
9. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Sir John
10. Who does Mrs. Jennings think will be a minister at Elinor's wedding?
(a) Sir John
(d) John Dashwood
11. How does Marianne keep her mind off Willoughby?
(a) She exercises and reads books
(b) She goes for long walks
(c) She sleeps
(d) She make sure she is around people all the time
12. Who do John and Fanny plan a party for?
(b) The Middleton's
(c) The Dashwood sisters
(d) The Steele sistees
13. Where does Edward want to go?
14. Why does Elinor think the marriage between Edward and Lucy was so quick?
(a) Because Edward fears he will change his mind
(b) Because Edward has no patience
(c) Before anyone can stop them.
(d) Because Lucy has no patience
15. Why is Elinor surprised at her friends?
(a) They tell her they never liked Edward in the first place
(b) None of them have told her about Edward's marriage to Lucy
(c) They have not spoken to her for weeks
(d) They think Brandon is a better match for her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward ask Elinor?
2. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
3. How does Elinor react to Edward's sudden appearance?
4. In what way does Elinor think Willoughby feels regret at not marrying Marianne?
5. Who arrives to see Marianne?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)