|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
(a) Because she thinks she is to blame for Marianne's illness
(b) Because she married the wrong man
(c) Because she thinks she could of done more to help Elinor
(d) Because she thinks she could of gotten money out of John if she had tried harder
2. What did Colonel Brandon tell Mrs Dashwood on her way to Cleveland?
(a) That he intended to marry Marianne
(b) That he intended to marry Elinor
(c) His life story
(d) His secret about Miss Williams
3. What does Elinor decide about Mr. Palmer?
(a) He is rather handsome.
(b) He is poor
(c) He makes a good father
(d) That he is a nice, ordinary man
4. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
(c) Emotionally detached
5. What happens to Willoughby?
(a) He goes abroad
(b) He marries Miss Williams
(c) He becomes independently wealthy
(d) He falls into poverty
6. What does Fanny regret?
(a) Telling Elinor Edward is marrying Lucy
(b) Not bringing her umbrella
(c) Not giving the Dashwood's financial support
(d) Not visiting the Dashwoods while they were in London
7. Why does Elinor think she can feel sympathy for Willoughby?
(a) He is destined to have a tragic life
(b) He will no longer be associated with her family
(c) He needs friends
(d) His story was very sad
8. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) John Dashwood
(d) No one
9. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(b) Her husband is having an affair
(c) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(d) John has given the Dashwoods money
10. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(b) Because of his treatment of Marianne
(c) Because he has little money
(d) She does not like him enough
11. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
(a) Mr Palmer
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Mrs Brandon
12. What does John Dashwood suggest in his letter?
(a) That Elinor marries Colonel Brandon
(b) That Mrs. Dashwood comes to live with them at Norwood
(c) That Edward writes his mother a letter to apologize
(d) That Mrs. Dashwood should get a job
13. How does does Lucy win favor with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Through flattery
(b) Supporting her financially
(c) Taking her shopping
(d) Nursing her when she falls ill
14. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be nearer to Barton
(b) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(c) She will be in the country air
(d) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
15. Why is Marianne happy she did not marry Willoughby?
(a) He is a womanizer
(b) She could never of been happy with him
(c) She needs someone with sense
(d) He lacks self confidence
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
2. Who does Edward say has married Lucy?
3. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
4. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
5. Who is Robert Ferrars marrying?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)