|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
(a) She throws a bucket of water over him
(b) She faints
(c) Horrified, she tries to leave the room
(d) She shouts at him and insists he leaves
2. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She has to go and see her mother.
(b) She is worried her baby will get sick.
(c) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) She is worried she will get sick
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(a) Sir John
(c) Colonel Brandon
4. Why is Elinor upset?
(a) She thinks Edward is marrying Lucy
(b) Edward is ill
(c) Her mother is unhappy
(d) Colonel Brandon has withdrawn his offer of the parsonage
5. Where do the Palmers live?
6. Who comes to the cottage?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) Mrs. Jennings
(d) Sir John
7. Who arrives to see Marianne?
(a) Mrs Jennings
(b) Colonel Brandon
(d) Sir John Middleton
8. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) He is better looking than Edward
(b) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(c) He is just like her sister Anne
(d) He is unpredictable
9. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That she can never forgive Willoughby
(b) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(c) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
(d) That she needs to go home and sleep
10. What does Edward ask Elinor?
(a) To marry him
(b) To come to London
(c) To be bridesmaid at his wedding to Miss Grey
(d) For some money
11. Where do the Dashwoods and Mrs. Jennings go?
(a) Play golf
(b) On a shopping trip
(c) Play polo
(d) Horse riding
12. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He won't marry
(b) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(c) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(d) He loves Marianne
13. Where are the Dashwoods preparing to travel to?
(b) Leighton Buzzard
14. What kind of party are Elinor and Marianne invited to?
(a) A musical party
(b) A fancy dress party
(c) A nature party
(d) A libertine party
15. Why has Mrs. Smith disowned him?
(a) He does not mix with good enough company
(b) She found out about his affair with Miss Williams
(c) He does want to marry anybody.
(d) He only wants Marianne
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edward want to go?
2. Why would moving to Delaford cause Elinor pain?
3. What had Elinor hoped would happen?
4. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
5. What does Marianne decide in this chapter?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)