|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor ask Marianne proof of?
(a) That she owes Willoughby money
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her birth
(d) Her love for Willoughby
2. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
(b) He needed them to do the house work
(c) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(d) He wanted to get to know them better
3. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
(a) That he has had an unhappy love affair with a woman similar to Marianne
(b) That he is AWOL
(c) That he is already married
(d) That he is in love with her
4. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
(a) He does not have any money
(b) He is not dashing enough
(c) He does not have a job
(d) He does not love her
5. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) John Dashwood
6. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
(a) His family would not allow it
(b) He did not love her
(c) He lives too far away
(d) He was in too much debt
7. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are beautiful
(b) That they are fairly boring
(c) That they are unfriendly
(d) That they are intelligent
8. Why is Lucy concerned about her engagement to Edward?
(a) He does not seem interested in her
(b) He is not attractive enough
(c) He does not make enough money to keep a wife
(d) He has not bought her a ring
9. Where do the Palmers live?
(a) The Lake District
10. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
(a) To visit his illegitimate daughter
(b) To visit his sick mother
(c) To take part in a parade
(d) To visit his sick father
11. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
(a) A carriage
(b) A gift from Willoughby
(c) A card from Willoughby
(d) A horse
12. What does Lucy ask Elinor to do to help Edward become a minister?
(a) Let him be the rector at her wedding
(b) Talk to him about it
(c) Buy him a bible
(d) Persuade John to give Edward Norland Parish
13. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Norland Cottage
(b) Middleton Cottage
(c) Barton Cottage
(d) Brittle Cottage
14. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
(a) No one
(b) John Willoughby
(c) Edward Ferrars
(d) John Dashwood
15. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(b) She has broken her foot
(c) Willoughby is leaving
(d) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
2. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
3. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
4. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
5. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)