|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(b) She wants to see Edward
(c) She wants to find a job
(d) She is not well enogh to travel
2. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
(a) John Dashwood
(c) Mrs. Dashwood
3. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She insults Elinor
(b) She refuses to play the piano
(c) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(d) She offends the Colonel
4. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Marianne and Elinor
(b) Margaret and Marianne
(c) Margaret and Elinor
(d) Elinor and Fanny
5. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(b) She has broken her foot
(c) Willoughby is leaving
(d) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
6. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's hat
(b) Edward's poetry
(c) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(d) Edward's bad mood
7. What does Marianne do at the party?
(c) Play the piano
8. How much money does Edward earn per year?
(a) 3,000-4,000 pounds
(b) 1,000-2,000 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 1,800-2,000 pounds
9. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
(a) He is waiting to inherit his father's business
(b) He failed university
(c) He was unable to choose a profession when he was younger
(d) He had his leg amputated
10. Who does Mrs. Jennings say is coming to town?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Palmer
(d) The Middletons
11. For how long do Lucy and Anne stay at Barton Park?
(a) A week
(b) Six weeks
(c) Two months
(d) One month
12. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
13. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He wanted to get to know them better
(b) He needed them to do the house work
(c) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
(d) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
14. Who does Mrs.Jennings bring for a visit?
(a) John Willoughby
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Palmer
(c) Fanny and John Dashwood
(d) The Steele sisters
15. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
(a) To visit his sick mother
(b) To visit his sick father
(c) To take part in a parade
(d) To visit his illegitimate daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
2. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
3. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
4. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
5. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)