|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
(a) Elinor's eyes
(b) Marianne's dress
(c) Mrs Dashwood's problems
(d) Marianne's piano playing
2. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 100 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 500 ponds
(d) 1,000 pounds
3. Which part of London does Mrs. Jennings own a home?
(b) Baker Street
(c) Portman Square
(d) Oxford Street
4. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) An invitation
(b) A letter
(c) A bracelet
(d) A sum of money
5. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she is moving
(c) That she does not like his wife
(d) That she thinks he is greedy
6. What are the first names of the Steele sisters?
(a) Daisy and Petal
(b) Fran and Elizabeth
(c) Anne and Lucy
(d) Paula and Rose
7. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
(a) They are both very reserved people
(b) They don't know each other well enough
(c) They hate each other
(d) They have already covered several topics
8. Why is Edward reluctant to leave?
(a) He does not want to leave Elinor
(b) He dislikes Norland
(c) He dislikes Fanny
(d) He has nowhere to go
9. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are intelligent
(b) That they are beautiful
(c) That they are unfriendly
(d) That they are fairly boring
10. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a child
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a brother
(d) Like a friend
11. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
(c) After lunch
(d) After breakfast
12. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) He is much older than the others
(b) He has a damaged hand
(c) He was smoking a pipe at the time
(d) She loves him
13. What does Marianne plan to do while in London?
(a) Find a husband
(b) Visit Willoughby
(c) Meet royalty
(d) Visit the national gallery
14. Who does Lucy say she has been secretly engaged to for a year?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) Robert Ferrars
15. What does Lucy want Edward to do for a living?
(a) Become a politician
(b) Become a playwright
(c) Become a minister
(d) Become an actor
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
2. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings say Willoughby is now engaged to?
4. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
5. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)