|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) She does not like Sir John
2. Who does Mrs. Jennings say is coming to town?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Palmer
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) The Middletons
(d) The Steele sisters
3. Who does Mrs.Jennings bring for a visit?
(a) John Willoughby
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Palmer
(c) Fanny and John Dashwood
(d) The Steele sisters
4. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she does not like his wife
(b) That she never wants to see again
(c) That she thinks he is greedy
(d) That she is moving
5. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's hat
(b) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(c) Edward's bad mood
(d) Edward's poetry
6. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) An invitation
(b) A sum of money
(c) A letter
(d) A bracelet
7. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
(a) He failed university
(b) He was unable to choose a profession when he was younger
(c) He had his leg amputated
(d) He is waiting to inherit his father's business
8. Who is the first person to visit the sisters in London?
(b) Lucy Steele
(c) Colonel Brandon
9. How does Elinor keep herself busy when Edward leaves?
(a) She visits the Middleton's everyday
(b) She goes for walks with Mariane
(c) She does the housework
(d) She draws
10. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Marry a woman of higher standing
(b) Find a job
(d) Give them a yearly allowance
11. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are unfriendly
(b) That they are intelligent
(c) That they are fairly boring
(d) That they are beautiful
12. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) She thinks he may have a wife
(c) He is in love with her
(d) He has been called up to the army
13. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
14. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
15. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(b) 1,000 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
3. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
4. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
5. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)