|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are unfriendly
(b) That they are beautiful
(c) That they are fairly boring
(d) That they are intelligent
2. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
(a) He is waiting to inherit his father's business
(b) He was unable to choose a profession when he was younger
(c) He had his leg amputated
(d) He failed university
3. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
4. How long is the carriage ride to London?
(a) A week
(b) Three hours
(c) Three days
(d) Ten days
5. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) A fashionable looking young woman
(b) His elderly mother
(c) Lucy Steele
(d) A princess
6. Why is Edward reluctant to leave?
(a) He dislikes Norland
(b) He has nowhere to go
(c) He does not want to leave Elinor
(d) He dislikes Fanny
7. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A libertine
(b) A rogue
(c) A sportsman
(d) A charlatan
8. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) It will cost too much to keep
(b) She is allergic to horse hair
(c) It is too extravagant
(d) Marianne cannot ride
9. What does Marianne do at the party?
(b) Play the piano
10. What are the first names of the Steele sisters?
(a) Anne and Lucy
(b) Daisy and Petal
(c) Paula and Rose
(d) Fran and Elizabeth
11. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) John Dashwood
(b) John Willoughby
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) Edward Ferrars
12. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Middleton Cottage
(b) Norland Cottage
(c) Barton Cottage
(d) Brittle Cottage
13. Who does Lucy say she has been secretly engaged to for a year?
(b) Robert Ferrars
(d) Colonel Brandon
14. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) A sum of money
(b) A bracelet
(c) An invitation
(d) A letter
15. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
(a) A carriage
(b) A gift from Willoughby
(c) A card from Willoughby
(d) A horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
2. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
3. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
4. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
5. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)