|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
(a) John Willoughby
(b) Edward Ferrars
(c) No one
(d) John Dashwood
2. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a brother
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a child
(d) Like a friend
3. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
(a) He will be unable to hunt
(b) He will not be able to go to the opera
(c) He will not get to see Edward
(d) He thinks she lives in a mansion
4. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Brittle Cottage
(b) Norland Cottage
(c) Middleton Cottage
(d) Barton Cottage
5. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) John Dashwood
6. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) John Dashwood
(b) John Willoughby
(c) Edward Ferrars
(d) Colonel Brandon
7. How does Elinor keep herself busy when Edward leaves?
(a) She visits the Middleton's everyday
(b) She does the housework
(c) She goes for walks with Mariane
(d) She draws
8. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
(a) Ugly and dark
(c) Not in good spirits
9. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to see Edward
(b) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to find a job
10. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
(a) London is too humid
(b) She wants to have an excuse to stay inside and read
(c) Willoughby will contract a cold
(d) Willoughby will come back from his outdoor pursuits
11. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
(c) His own
(d) His brother's
12. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she thinks he is greedy
(c) That she is moving
(d) That she does not like his wife
13. What does Marianne want to do?
(a) Go home to Barton Cottage
(b) Stay and fight for Willoughby
(c) FInd another man
14. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
15. Who does Mrs. Jennings say Willoughby is now engaged to?
(d) Miss Grey
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
3. Which part of London does Mrs. Jennings own a home?
4. Which nearby manor do the character's intend to visit the next day?
5. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)