|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
(b) His own
(c) His brother's
2. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) She has broken her foot
(b) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
(c) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(d) Willoughby is leaving
3. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is a good man
(b) He has a dark past
(c) He is a libertine
(d) He is dimwitted
4. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) A bracelet
(b) An invitation
(c) A sum of money
(d) A letter
5. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
(a) John Dashwood
(b) No one
(c) Edward Ferrars
(d) John Willoughby
6. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
(a) They never got engaged
(b) Edward does not like socializing
(c) At least they can still be friendly
(d) They were never really love
7. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Marry a woman of higher standing
(b) Give them a yearly allowance
(d) Find a job
8. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
(b) The Steele sisters
(d) John Dashwood
9. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She refuses to play the piano
(b) She offends the Colonel
(c) She insults Elinor
(d) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
10. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she is moving
(b) That she thinks he is greedy
(c) That she does not like his wife
(d) That she never wants to see again
11. What does Marianne want to do?
(a) Stay and fight for Willoughby
(b) FInd another man
(c) Go home to Barton Cottage
12. What does Elinor ask Marianne proof of?
(a) Her love for Willoughby
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her birth
(d) That she owes Willoughby money
13. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is sensitive and loving
(b) He is rich
(c) He comes from a good family
(d) He is a fabulous artist
14. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) His elderly mother
(b) A princess
(c) A fashionable looking young woman
(d) Lucy Steele
15. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not like Sir John
(b) She is worried for their safety
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
2. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
3. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
4. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
5. Why is Lucy concerned about her engagement to Edward?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)