|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That she may change the cottage
(b) That he is not a good match for Marianne
(c) That he should marry Elinor
(d) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
2. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
3. Who does Lucy say she has been secretly engaged to for a year?
(c) Robert Ferrars
(d) Colonel Brandon
4. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
(a) He was in too much debt
(b) His family would not allow it
(c) He did not love her
(d) He lives too far away
5. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) Lucy Steele
(b) His elderly mother
(c) A princess
(d) A fashionable looking young woman
6. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
(a) A horse
(b) A gift from Willoughby
(c) A card from Willoughby
(d) A carriage
7. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
8. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
9. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Marianne
(b) Elinor and Fanny
(c) Marianne and Elinor
(d) Margaret and Elinor
10. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) A shipping business
(b) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(c) Oxford Street in London
11. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
(a) Colonel Brandon and Lady Middleton
(b) Marianne and Colonel Brandon
(c) Elinor and Colonel Brandon
(d) Marianne and Sir John
12. Who does Henry Dashwood call to his bedside to ask to support his wife and daughters?
(a) John Dashwood
(b) Mrs Jennings
(c) Mrs. Dashwood
(d) Sir John Middleton
13. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) She thinks he may have a wife
(c) He has been called up to the army
(d) He is in love with her
14. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
(b) When her daughter's marry
(c) When they have settled in.
(d) When the weather improves
15. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Middleton Cottage
(b) Brittle Cottage
(c) Norland Cottage
(d) Barton Cottage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
2. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
3. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
4. Who does Mrs. Jennings say is coming to town?
5. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)