|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
(a) To talk about art
(b) To find out about her relationship with Edward
(c) To find out if she is a nice person
(d) Because she likes her
2. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
(a) He lives too far away
(b) His family would not allow it
(c) He did not love her
(d) He was in too much debt
3. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
(d) John Dashwood
4. What are the first names of the Steele sisters?
(a) Daisy and Petal
(b) Paula and Rose
(c) Anne and Lucy
(d) Fran and Elizabeth
5. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
(a) He is waiting to inherit his father's business
(b) He had his leg amputated
(c) He was unable to choose a profession when he was younger
(d) He failed university
6. Which nearby manor do the character's intend to visit the next day?
7. Who does Lucy say she has been secretly engaged to for a year?
(a) Robert Ferrars
(b) Colonel Brandon
8. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
(a) Spreading rumors
(b) Nagging her to tidy up
(c) Talking to her sister about WIlloughby
(d) Sending Willoughby letters
9. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
10. How do they Steel sisters win over Lady Middleton?
(a) Complementing her house
(b) Making funny jokes
(c) Telling her she is beautiful
(d) By being friendly to her children
11. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she thinks he is greedy
(c) That she is moving
(d) That she does not like his wife
12. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Marianne
(b) Marianne and Elinor
(c) Elinor and Fanny
(d) Margaret and Elinor
13. How does Elinor keep herself busy when Edward leaves?
(a) She visits the Middleton's everyday
(b) She goes for walks with Mariane
(c) She does the housework
(d) She draws
14. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
(a) Elinor's eyes
(b) Mrs Dashwood's problems
(c) Marianne's dress
(d) Marianne's piano playing
15. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
(a) The Steele sisters
(b) John Dashwood
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jennings say Willoughby is now engaged to?
2. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
3. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
4. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
5. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)