|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a child
(c) Like a brother
(d) Like an uncle
2. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
(c) After lunch
(d) After breakfast
3. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
(a) That he has pig like eyes
(b) That he has no taste
(c) That he is reserved
(d) That he does not genuinely love Elinor
4. For how long do Lucy and Anne stay at Barton Park?
(a) Six weeks
(b) A week
(c) One month
(d) Two months
5. What does Marianne want to do?
(a) FInd another man
(b) Stay and fight for Willoughby
(c) Go home to Barton Cottage
6. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
(a) London is too humid
(b) Willoughby will contract a cold
(c) She wants to have an excuse to stay inside and read
(d) Willoughby will come back from his outdoor pursuits
7. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
(a) Marianne's piano playing
(b) Marianne's dress
(c) Elinor's eyes
(d) Mrs Dashwood's problems
8. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
(a) He does not have a job
(b) He does not love her
(c) He does not have any money
(d) He is not dashing enough
9. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her trip to Sir John's house
(b) Her love for Willoughby
(c) Her engagement to Willoughby
(d) Her conversation with Elinor
10. What does Marianne plan to do while in London?
(a) Visit the national gallery
(b) Visit Willoughby
(c) Find a husband
(d) Meet royalty
11. Who is Colonel Brandon fixated on?
(d) Mrs Dashwood
12. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) Marianne cannot ride
(b) She is allergic to horse hair
(c) It will cost too much to keep
(d) It is too extravagant
13. What kind of woman does Marianne and Willoughby think Brandon attracts?
(a) Loose women
(b) Insane women
(c) Widows and married women
(d) Pleasant and kind women
14. What does Lucy ask Elinor to do to help Edward become a minister?
(a) Buy him a bible
(b) Let him be the rector at her wedding
(c) Talk to him about it
(d) Persuade John to give Edward Norland Parish
15. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Elinor and Fanny
(b) Margaret and Elinor
(c) Marianne and Elinor
(d) Margaret and Marianne
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willoughby offer Marianne as a present?
2. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
3. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
4. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
5. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)