|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(c) John Dashwood
2. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
(a) Colonel Brandon and Lady Middleton
(b) Marianne and Colonel Brandon
(c) Marianne and Sir John
(d) Elinor and Colonel Brandon
3. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) His elderly mother
(b) A princess
(c) Lucy Steele
(d) A fashionable looking young woman
4. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She is not well enogh to travel
(b) She wants to find a job
(c) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(d) She wants to see Edward
5. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
6. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
(a) That he does not genuinely love Elinor
(b) That he is reserved
(c) That he has no taste
(d) That he has pig like eyes
7. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
(a) He is not dashing enough
(b) He does not have any money
(c) He does not have a job
(d) He does not love her
8. What does Marianne do at the party?
(a) Play the piano
9. Which nearby manor do the character's intend to visit the next day?
10. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) A sum of money
(b) A bracelet
(c) A letter
(d) An invitation
11. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(b) Marry a woman of higher standing
(c) Find a job
(d) Give them a yearly allowance
12. Who does Mrs.Jennings bring for a visit?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Palmer
(b) The Steele sisters
(c) Fanny and John Dashwood
(d) John Willoughby
13. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Lady Middleton
(d) John and Fanny Dashwood
14. Which part of London does Mrs. Jennings own a home?
(a) Oxford Street
(c) Portman Square
(d) Baker Street
15. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
2. How do they Steel sisters win over Lady Middleton?
3. What does Lucy ask Elinor to do to help Edward become a minister?
4. How long is the carriage ride to London?
5. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)