|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's hat
(b) Edward's bad mood
(c) Edward's poetry
(d) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
2. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a brother
(c) Like an uncle
(d) Like a child
3. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) Marianne cannot ride
(b) She is allergic to horse hair
(c) It is too extravagant
(d) It will cost too much to keep
4. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
(a) At least they can still be friendly
(b) They never got engaged
(c) Edward does not like socializing
(d) They were never really love
5. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He has been called up to the army
(b) He is in love with her
(c) He is feeling ill
(d) She thinks he may have a wife
6. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is rich
(b) He is sensitive and loving
(c) He comes from a good family
(d) He is a fabulous artist
7. Who is the first person to visit the sisters in London?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(d) Lucy Steele
8. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
(b) After lunch
(c) After breakfast
9. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) John Dashwood
(c) Edward Ferrars
(d) John Willoughby
10. Where do the Palmers live?
(d) The Lake District
11. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to find a job
(b) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to see Edward
12. For how long do Lucy and Anne stay at Barton Park?
(a) A week
(b) One month
(c) Two months
(d) Six weeks
13. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Give them a yearly allowance
(b) Find a job
(c) Marry a woman of higher standing
14. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
15. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(b) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(c) A shipping business
(d) Oxford Street in London
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
2. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
3. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
4. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
5. What does Marianne plan to do while in London?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)