|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Elinor send a letter to when she arrives in London?
(b) Her mother
2. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
(a) When the weather improves
(b) When her daughter's marry
(c) When they have settled in.
3. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
(a) Sending Willoughby letters
(b) Spreading rumors
(c) Nagging her to tidy up
(d) Talking to her sister about WIlloughby
4. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
5. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
6. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
(a) His brother's
(b) His own
7. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 500 ponds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 10,000 pounds
8. How do they Steel sisters win over Lady Middleton?
(a) By being friendly to her children
(b) Making funny jokes
(c) Telling her she is beautiful
(d) Complementing her house
9. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(b) She wants to see Edward
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to find a job
10. What does Marianne do at the party?
(c) Play the piano
11. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) She is allergic to horse hair
(b) It is too extravagant
(c) It will cost too much to keep
(d) Marianne cannot ride
12. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(a) A fire hazard
(c) Small but comfortable
(d) Large, empty and lonely
13. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
(a) John Dashwood
(b) Mrs. Dashwood
14. Who is Colonel Brandon fixated on?
(c) Mrs Dashwood
15. Why is Lucy concerned about her engagement to Edward?
(a) He does not make enough money to keep a wife
(b) He is not attractive enough
(c) He does not seem interested in her
(d) He has not bought her a ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
2. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
3. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
4. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
5. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)