|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
2. What does Lucy want Edward to do for a living?
(a) Become a politician
(b) Become an actor
(c) Become a playwright
(d) Become a minister
3. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's bad mood
(b) Edward's poetry
(c) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(d) Edward's hat
4. How long is the carriage ride to London?
(a) Three days
(b) A week
(c) Ten days
(d) Three hours
5. Why is Edward reluctant to leave?
(a) He does not want to leave Elinor
(b) He has nowhere to go
(c) He dislikes Norland
(d) He dislikes Fanny
6. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
(a) Edward does not like socializing
(b) They never got engaged
(c) They were never really love
(d) At least they can still be friendly
7. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is rich
(b) He comes from a good family
(c) He is a fabulous artist
(d) He is sensitive and loving
8. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
(a) That he is in love with her
(b) That he has had an unhappy love affair with a woman similar to Marianne
(c) That he is already married
(d) That he is AWOL
9. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
10. What does Willoughby offer Marianne as a present?
(a) A goat
(b) A horse
(c) A pony
(d) A dog
11. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she does not like his wife
(c) That she is moving
(d) That she thinks he is greedy
12. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) She has broken her foot
(b) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(c) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
(d) Willoughby is leaving
13. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are unfriendly
(b) That they are beautiful
(c) That they are intelligent
(d) That they are fairly boring
14. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) He has a damaged hand
(b) She loves him
(c) He is much older than the others
(d) He was smoking a pipe at the time
15. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) Norland Estate
(b) Barton Park
(d) The Middleton's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
2. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
3. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
4. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
5. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)