Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Why is Elinor presented as the one who will make the right decisions for the Dashwoods?
2. Do you think John and Fanny have illegitimate reasons for not giving money to the Dashwood's?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. Do you think Mrs. Dashwood's love of her daughter holds them back?
4. How does Elinor display her logic and rationality in this chapter?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
5. Do you think John is a naturally selfish person,...
This section contains 985 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)