1. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
The Dashwood family
2. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
3. Who does Henry Dashwood call to his bedside to ask to support his wife and daughters?
4. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
5. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
6. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
7. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
8. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
9. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
He is not dashing enough
This section contains 4,321 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)