|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Dashwood call to his bedside to ask to support his wife and daughters?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(b) John Dashwood
(c) Sir John Middleton
(d) Mrs Jennings
2. What is Elinor's reaction to the news that Edward is not marrying Lucy?
(a) She begs him to marry her
(b) She slaps Edward across the cheek
(c) She asks Edward to leave
(d) She cries for joy
3. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(b) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
(c) She will be nearer to Barton
(d) She will be in the country air
4. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) Because he has little money
(b) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(c) She does not like him enough
(d) Because of his treatment of Marianne
5. How much money does Edward earn per year?
(a) 10,000 pounds
(b) 1,000-2,000 pounds
(c) 3,000-4,000 pounds
(d) 1,800-2,000 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
2. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
3. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
4. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
5. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)