|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor think Lucy is attracted to Robert?
(a) He is unpredictable
(b) He is better looking than Edward
(c) Because he stands to inherit a lot of money
(d) He is just like her sister Anne
2. What does Fanny regret?
(a) Not visiting the Dashwoods while they were in London
(b) Not giving the Dashwood's financial support
(c) Not bringing her umbrella
(d) Telling Elinor Edward is marrying Lucy
3. Why can Mrs. Dashwood not forgive Willoughby?
(a) Because of his treatment of Marianne
(b) She does not like him enough
(c) Because of his treatment of Miss Williams
(d) Because he has little money
4. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He won't marry
(b) He loves Marianne
(c) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(d) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
5. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
(a) To propose to Elinor
(b) To find out if Marianne is better from her illness.
(c) To apologize
(d) To propose to Marianne
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willoughby say he loves?
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings say is coming to town?
4. Why is Colonel Brandon pleased?
5. Who does Mrs Dashwood thank?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)