|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she thinks he is greedy
(b) That she never wants to see again
(c) That she is moving
(d) That she does not like his wife
2. What does Elinor reflect?
(a) That she needs to go home and sleep
(b) That she can never forgive Willoughby
(c) That she can see what Marianne sees in Willoughby
(d) That WIlloughby is not a bad person
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Steele family
(b) The Ferrars family
(c) The Dashwood family
(d) The Partridge family
4. Who does Henry Dashwood call to his bedside to ask to support his wife and daughters?
(a) Sir John Middleton
(b) John Dashwood
(c) Mrs. Dashwood
(d) Mrs Jennings
5. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
(a) She won't have to support him.
(b) She can visit him.
(c) He has wanted to get a job all his life.
(d) He is finally doing something with his life
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Dashwood unhappy with herself?
2. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
3. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
4. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
5. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)