|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A libertine
(b) A sportsman
(c) A rogue
(d) A charlatan
2. How does Elinor initially react to Willoughby's appearance?
(a) She shouts at him and insists he leaves
(b) She throws a bucket of water over him
(c) She faints
(d) Horrified, she tries to leave the room
3. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(c) No one
(d) John Dashwood
4. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
(a) A conversation about children
(b) A conversation about money
(c) A conversation about love
(d) A conversation about Fanny's meaness
5. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Give them a yearly allowance
(b) Find a job
(d) Marry a woman of higher standing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elinor receive a letter from?
2. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
3. Which of the Steele sisters does Elinor become friends with?
4. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
5. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)