|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny upset?
(a) She hears Edward is engaged to Lucy
(b) Her husband is having an affair
(c) She has received a letter from an ex-lover
(d) John has given the Dashwoods money
2. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy has take ill
(b) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(c) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
(d) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
3. What does Marianne notice under Edward's ring?
(b) A piece of paper
(c) A lock of a hair
(d) A small photograph
4. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
(a) They have already covered several topics
(b) They hate each other
(c) They are both very reserved people
(d) They don't know each other well enough
5. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nearby manor do the character's intend to visit the next day?
2. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
3. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
4. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
5. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)