|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
2. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Marianne and Elinor
(b) Margaret and Elinor
(c) Margaret and Marianne
(d) Elinor and Fanny
3. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like a brother
(c) Like an uncle
(d) Like a child
4. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He needed them to do the house work
(b) He wanted to get to know them better
(c) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(d) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
5. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) Oxford Street in London
(c) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(d) A shipping business
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the next people to arrive in London?
2. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
3. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
4. What does Marianne reproach her sister for being?
5. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)