|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her love for Willoughby
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her conversation with Elinor
(d) Her trip to Sir John's house
2. Which part of London does Mrs. Jennings own a home?
(a) Portman Square
(b) Oxford Street
(d) Baker Street
3. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
(b) John Dashwood
(c) The Steele sisters
4. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
(a) He sold Edward the parsonage too cheaply
(b) He loves Marianne
(c) He has no money, but still refuses to work
(d) He won't marry
5. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A libertine
(c) A sportsman
(d) A charlatan
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
2. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
3. Why does Willoughby say he had to get married to Miss Grey?
4. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
5. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)