|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Marianne pleased to be going to Cleveland?
(a) She will be able to forget about Willoughby
(b) Colonel Brandon lives near by
(c) She will be nearer to Barton
(d) She will be in the country air
2. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 100 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
3. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she is moving
(b) That she does not like his wife
(c) That she never wants to see again
(d) That she thinks he is greedy
4. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) A princess
(b) A fashionable looking young woman
(c) His elderly mother
(d) Lucy Steele
5. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
(a) She could not live without money
(b) She feels less depressed
(c) She won't have to associate with his awful mother
(d) She did not really love him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
2. Why is Fanny happy that Edward has found a job at the parsonage?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
4. What does Marianne do at the party?
5. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)