|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her love for Willoughby
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her conversation with Elinor
(d) Her trip to Sir John's house
2. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to find a job
(b) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to see Edward
3. What kind of woman does Marianne and Willoughby think Brandon attracts?
(a) Pleasant and kind women
(b) Loose women
(c) Insane women
(d) Widows and married women
4. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
(a) They were never really love
(b) They never got engaged
(c) At least they can still be friendly
(d) Edward does not like socializing
5. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A factory
(b) A church
(c) A village
(d) A farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Palmers live?
2. How does Austen describe the cottage?
3. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
4. Why does John think Colonel Brandon lacks sense?
5. What does Marianne agree to accept?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)