|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
(a) A conversation about Fanny's meaness
(b) A conversation about love
(c) A conversation about children
(d) A conversation about money
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(b) He has to meet Miss Williams
(c) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
3. Where does Edward want to go?
4. What does Willoughby offer Marianne as a present?
(a) A horse
(b) A dog
(c) A goat
(d) A pony
5. What do Elinor's visitors in this chapter urge her to do while in Cleveland?
(a) Go mushroom picking
(b) Visit Edward
(c) Visit Colonel Brandon
(d) Try the local ale
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter to Marianne from?
2. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
3. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
4. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
5. How does Austen describe the cottage?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)