|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 500 ponds
(b) 100 pounds
(c) 10,000 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(d) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
3. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
(a) That he is in love with her
(b) That he is already married
(c) That he is AWOL
(d) That he has had an unhappy love affair with a woman similar to Marianne
4. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) Barton Park
(b) The Middleton's house
(c) Norland Estate
5. Why is Elinor glad her relationship with Edward has ended?
(a) She feels less depressed
(b) She won't have to associate with his awful mother
(c) She could not live without money
(d) She did not really love him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
2. What does Lucy want Edward to do for a living?
3. How do they Steel sisters win over Lady Middleton?
4. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
5. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)