|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
(b) When they have settled in.
(c) When the weather improves
(d) When her daughter's marry
2. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(a) Small but comfortable
(c) A fire hazard
(d) Large, empty and lonely
3. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are unfriendly
(b) That they are beautiful
(c) That they are intelligent
(d) That they are fairly boring
4. How long has Elinor known about the engagement?
(a) Four months
(b) Six months
(c) One month
(d) One year
5. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Elinor
(b) Margaret and Marianne
(c) Marianne and Elinor
(d) Elinor and Fanny
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
2. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
3. What does Brandon say is the main problem with the parsonage?
4. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
5. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)