|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
(b) Colonel Brandon
(d) Sir John
2. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Ferrars family
(b) The Steele family
(c) The Partridge family
(d) The Dashwood family
3. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A charlatan
(c) A sportsman
(d) A libertine
4. Who does Elinor hope to find more about while in London?
(d) John Dashwood
5. Why does Marianne not want to go to Cleveland?
(a) It is near to Willoughby's family home
(b) It is even further away from Barton cottage
(c) It takes a week to travel there
(d) She is feeling ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
2. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
3. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
4. Who does Sir John bring to Barton Park?
5. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)