|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
(a) She wants to have an excuse to stay inside and read
(b) Willoughby will contract a cold
(c) Willoughby will come back from his outdoor pursuits
(d) London is too humid
2. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(b) Give them a yearly allowance
(c) Find a job
(d) Marry a woman of higher standing
3. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) The Middleton's house
(b) Barton Park
(c) Norland Estate
4. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A church
(b) A farm
(c) A factory
(d) A village
5. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) A shipping business
(b) Oxford Street in London
(d) A home and a fortune from an old lady
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
3. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
4. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
5. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)