|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She insults Elinor
(b) She refuses to play the piano
(c) She offends the Colonel
(d) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
2. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A church
(b) A village
(c) A factory
(d) A farm
3. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
(a) They hate each other
(b) They have already covered several topics
(c) They don't know each other well enough
(d) They are both very reserved people
4. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
(a) To talk about art
(b) To find out about her relationship with Edward
(c) To find out if she is a nice person
(d) Because she likes her
5. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 100 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does Marianne and Willoughby think Brandon attracts?
2. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
3. Where do the Palmers live?
4. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
5. Whom does Elinor send a letter to when she arrives in London?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)