|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor learn from Anne Steele?
(a) Lucy has take ill
(b) Edward has broken off his engagement with Lucy
(c) Lucy knows Elinor is in love with Edward
(d) She is engaged to Colonel Brandon
2. What does Marianne do at the party?
(b) Play the piano
3. What kind of woman does Marianne and Willoughby think Brandon attracts?
(a) Insane women
(b) Pleasant and kind women
(c) Loose women
(d) Widows and married women
4. How does Elinor keep herself busy when Edward leaves?
(a) She does the housework
(b) She visits the Middleton's everyday
(c) She draws
(d) She goes for walks with Mariane
5. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
(a) To appear a good match for Elinor
(b) To make Marianne feel better
(c) For sympathy
(d) To appear a good match for Marianne
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
2. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
4. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
5. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)