|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she is moving
(b) That she never wants to see again
(c) That she thinks he is greedy
(d) That she does not like his wife
2. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
(a) He will not get to see Edward
(b) He will be unable to hunt
(c) He thinks she lives in a mansion
(d) He will not be able to go to the opera
3. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
(b) Willoughby is leaving
(c) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(d) She has broken her foot
4. Who is the first person to visit the sisters in London?
(b) Lucy Steele
(c) Colonel Brandon
5. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
(a) A church
(b) A farm
(c) A factory
(d) A village
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edward reluctant to leave?
2. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
4. What does Marianne plan to do while in London?
5. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)