|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
(a) Ugly and dark
(b) Not in good spirits
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A libertine
(c) A charlatan
(d) A sportsman
3. Where do the Palmers live?
4. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
(a) She wants to have an excuse to stay inside and read
(b) Willoughby will contract a cold
(c) Willoughby will come back from his outdoor pursuits
(d) London is too humid
5. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Ferrars family
(b) The Steele family
(c) The Partridge family
(d) The Dashwood family
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
2. Why has Edward ended up having a idle life?
3. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
5. How does Austen describe the cottage?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)