|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She offends the Colonel
(b) She insults Elinor
(c) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(d) She refuses to play the piano
2. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) Edward is in town
(b) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
(c) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
(d) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
3. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
4. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(b) A fire hazard
(c) Small but comfortable
(d) Large, empty and lonely
5. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
(b) John Dashwood
(c) Colonel Brandon
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
2. Why does Elinor try to spend more time with Lucy?
3. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
4. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
5. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)