|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is rich
(b) He comes from a good family
(c) He is a fabulous artist
(d) He is sensitive and loving
2. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He has been called up to the army
(b) He is in love with her
(c) He is feeling ill
(d) She thinks he may have a wife
3. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
(a) Willoughby has broken off their engagement
(b) She has broken her foot
(c) She has broken Mrs. Dashwood's best china
(d) Willoughby is leaving
4. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
(a) They hate each other
(b) They don't know each other well enough
(c) They are both very reserved people
(d) They have already covered several topics
5. What does Elinor think of Lady Middleton and Mrs. Jennings?
(a) That they are intelligent
(b) That they are unfriendly
(c) That they are beautiful
(d) That they are fairly boring
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Edward earn per year?
2. Which nearby manor do the character's intend to visit the next day?
3. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
4. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
5. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)