|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne do at the party?
(b) Play the piano
2. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) Edward Ferrars
(b) John Dashwood
(c) John Willoughby
(d) Colonel Brandon
3. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 100 pounds
(b) 500 ponds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 10,000 pounds
4. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She offends the Colonel
(b) She insults Elinor
(c) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(d) She refuses to play the piano
5. What does Willoughby offer Marianne as a present?
(a) A pony
(b) A horse
(c) A dog
(d) A goat
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Austen describe the cottage?
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
3. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
4. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
5. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)