|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He needed them to do the house work
(b) He wanted to get to know them better
(c) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(d) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
2. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Dashwood family
(b) The Steele family
(c) The Partridge family
(d) The Ferrars family
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not like Sir John
(b) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(c) She is worried for their safety
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
5. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she does not like his wife
(b) That she thinks he is greedy
(c) That she is moving
(d) That she never wants to see again
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
2. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
3. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
4. What secret does Brandon reveal to Elinor?
5. What does Willoughby offer Marianne as a present?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)