|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Marry a woman of higher standing
(b) Find a job
(c) Give them a yearly allowance
2. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He is in love with her
(c) He has been called up to the army
(d) She thinks he may have a wife
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Steele family
(b) The Ferrars family
(c) The Dashwood family
(d) The Partridge family
4. Why does Elinor wonder if Marianne and Willoughby will be able to sustain a conversation?
(a) They hate each other
(b) They have already covered several topics
(c) They don't know each other well enough
(d) They are both very reserved people
5. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is a good man
(b) He has a dark past
(c) He is a libertine
(d) He is dimwitted
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
2. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
3. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
4. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
5. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)