|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Dashwood family
(b) The Partridge family
(c) The Steele family
(d) The Ferrars family
2. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) The Middleton's house
(c) Barton Park
(d) Norland Estate
3. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
(a) Mrs Dashwood's problems
(b) Marianne's piano playing
(c) Marianne's dress
(d) Elinor's eyes
4. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) He was smoking a pipe at the time
(b) He is much older than the others
(c) She loves him
(d) He has a damaged hand
5. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(a) Small but comfortable
(b) A fire hazard
(c) Large, empty and lonely
Short Answer Questions
1. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
2. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
3. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
4. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
5. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)