|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne do at the party?
(a) Play the piano
2. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) Barton Park
(b) The Middleton's house
(c) Norland Estate
3. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a child
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a brother
(d) Like a friend
4. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(b) 100 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
5. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
2. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
3. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
4. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
5. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)