|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(b) She is worried for their safety
(c) She does not like Sir John
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
2. What does Marianne do at the party?
(d) Play the piano
3. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(a) Large, empty and lonely
(c) A fire hazard
(d) Small but comfortable
4. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He wanted to get to know them better
(b) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(c) He needed them to do the house work
(d) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
5. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) Oxford Street in London
(b) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(c) A shipping business
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
2. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
3. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
4. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
5. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)