|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is dimwitted
(b) He is a good man
(c) He has a dark past
(d) He is a libertine
2. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a child
(d) Like a brother
3. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
(b) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(c) He needed them to do the house work
(d) He wanted to get to know them better
4. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(a) Give them a yearly allowance
(b) Find a job
(d) Marry a woman of higher standing
5. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
4. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
5. How does Austen describe the cottage?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)