|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a child
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a friend
(d) Like a brother
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(c) She does not like Sir John
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
3. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
4. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(b) Find a job
(c) Marry a woman of higher standing
(d) Give them a yearly allowance
5. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Partridge family
(b) The Dashwood family
(c) The Steele family
(d) The Ferrars family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
2. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
3. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
4. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
5. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)