|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 500 ponds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 100 pounds
2. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a friend
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a brother
(d) Like a child
3. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He has a dark past
(b) He is a good man
(c) He is dimwitted
(d) He is a libertine
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is sensitive and loving
(b) He comes from a good family
(c) He is a fabulous artist
(d) He is rich
5. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Partridge family
(b) The Ferrars family
(c) The Dashwood family
(d) The Steele family
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
2. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
3. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
4. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
5. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)