|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A libertine
(b) A charlatan
(c) A rogue
(d) A sportsman
2. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 100 pounds
(d) 1,000 pounds
3. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Middleton Cottage
(b) Barton Cottage
(c) Brittle Cottage
(d) Norland Cottage
4. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like an uncle
(b) Like a child
(c) Like a friend
(d) Like a brother
5. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(c) She does not like Sir John
(d) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
2. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
3. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
4. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
5. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)