|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) He is much older than the others
(b) He was smoking a pipe at the time
(c) She loves him
(d) He has a damaged hand
2. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
(a) The Dashwood family
(b) The Ferrars family
(c) The Partridge family
(d) The Steele family
3. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
4. What is the name of the Dashwood's new cottage?
(a) Norland Cottage
(b) Middleton Cottage
(c) Barton Cottage
(d) Brittle Cottage
5. Marianne tells her sister she will try to love Edward in what way?
(a) Like a child
(b) Like an uncle
(c) Like a brother
(d) Like a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
2. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
3. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
4. How does Austen describe the cottage?
5. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)