|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
2. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
3. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) She is worried for their safety
4. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
(a) He is not dashing enough
(b) He does not have a job
(c) He does not love her
(d) He does not have any money
5. How does Austen describe the cottage?
(b) Small but comfortable
(c) A fire hazard
(d) Large, empty and lonely
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
2. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
3. Which family does Austen immediately introduce in this chapter?
4. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
5. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)