|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) A shipping business
(b) Oxford Street in London
(c) A home and a fortune from an old lady
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is sensitive and loving
(b) He comes from a good family
(c) He is rich
(d) He is a fabulous artist
3. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she is moving
(c) That she does not like his wife
(d) That she thinks he is greedy
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She is worried for their safety
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) They are no suitable men to mingle with
5. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
(a) 1,000 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 500 ponds
(d) 100 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
3. How does Austen describe the cottage?
4. When does Mrs. Dashwood want to make changes to the cottage?
5. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)