|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
(a) Fanny and John Dashwood
(b) Sir John Middleton and Lady Middleton
(c) Mr and Mrs Ferrars
(d) Lucy and Anne Steele
2. Who does Henry Dashwood call to his bedside to ask to support his wife and daughters?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(b) Mrs Jennings
(c) John Dashwood
(d) Sir John Middleton
3. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Marianne
(b) Elinor and Fanny
(c) Marianne and Elinor
(d) Margaret and Elinor
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(b) She is worried for their safety
(c) She does not like Sir John
(d) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
5. Why does John express sorrow to the fact the Dashwoods are moving so faraway?
(a) He wanted to get to know them better
(b) He needed them to do the house work
(c) He will have to deliver furniture by boat rather than by road
(d) He does not want to be left alone with his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
2. How much money does John initially decide to give his stepmother and sisters?
3. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
4. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
5. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)