|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Jennings say will now marry Marianne?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) No one
(c) John Dashwood
2. Which two major character does Austen introduce in this chapter?
(a) Fanny and John Dashwood
(b) Mr and Mrs Ferrars
(c) Sir John Middleton and Lady Middleton
(d) Lucy and Anne Steele
3. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) She loves him
(b) He is much older than the others
(c) He has a damaged hand
(d) He was smoking a pipe at the time
4. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
(b) Ugly and dark
(c) Not in good spirits
5. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to see Edward
(b) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to find a job
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colonel Brandon tell Elinor his story?
2. Who do Elinor and Marianne have to spend time with?
3. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
4. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
5. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)