|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) Norland Estate
(b) The Middleton's house
(d) Barton Park
2. Which of the daughters is described as having "strength and understanding"?
3. How much money does Fanny convince John to give his sisters and stepmother?
(a) 100 pounds
(c) 1,000 pounds
(d) 500 pounds
4. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
(a) He is not dashing enough
(b) He does not love her
(c) He does not have a job
(d) He does not have any money
5. What does Mrs. Dashwood inform John of in this chapter?
(a) That she never wants to see again
(b) That she is moving
(c) That she does not like his wife
(d) That she thinks he is greedy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
2. What does Marianne do at the party?
3. How does Austen describe the cottage?
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
5. How many marriages has Henry Dashwood had?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)