|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He has been called up to the army
(c) He is in love with her
(d) She thinks he may have a wife
2. Where does Edward want to go?
3. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(b) Edward's bad mood
(c) Edward's poetry
(d) Edward's hat
4. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A charlatan
(c) A sportsman
(d) A libertine
5. Why does Willoughby say he has come?
(a) To propose to Marianne
(b) To find out if Marianne is better from her illness.
(c) To propose to Elinor
(d) To apologize
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose lock of hair does Edward claim it is?
2. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
3. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
4. Who does Mrs. Jennings think Elinor is getting married to?
5. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)