|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) It will cost too much to keep
(b) She is allergic to horse hair
(c) Marianne cannot ride
(d) It is too extravagant
2. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
(a) That he is reserved
(b) That he has no taste
(c) That he has pig like eyes
(d) That he does not genuinely love Elinor
3. How much money does Edward earn per year?
(a) 1,800-2,000 pounds
(b) 10,000 pounds
(c) 3,000-4,000 pounds
(d) 1,000-2,000 pounds
4. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Elinor
(b) Elinor and Fanny
(c) Margaret and Marianne
(d) Marianne and Elinor
5. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
(a) He is a fabulous artist
(b) He comes from a good family
(c) He is sensitive and loving
(d) He is rich
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
2. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
3. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
5. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)