|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(b) Oxford Street in London
(c) A home and a fortune from an old lady
(d) A shipping business
2. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's hat
(b) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(c) Edward's bad mood
(d) Edward's poetry
3. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(b) She refuses to play the piano
(c) She offends the Colonel
(d) She insults Elinor
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not like Sir John
(b) She is worried for their safety
(c) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(d) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
5. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(b) Find a job
(c) Marry a woman of higher standing
(d) Give them a yearly allowance
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
2. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
3. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
4. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
5. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)