|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not like Sir John
(b) She is worried for their safety
(c) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(d) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
2. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) It will cost too much to keep
(b) It is too extravagant
(c) Marianne cannot ride
(d) She is allergic to horse hair
3. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is a libertine
(b) He is a good man
(c) He has a dark past
(d) He is dimwitted
4. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) A letter
(b) A sum of money
(c) A bracelet
(d) An invitation
5. What does Marianne do at the party?
(d) Play the piano
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
2. How much money does Edward earn per year?
3. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
4. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
5. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)