|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
2. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He has been called up to the army
(c) He is in love with her
(d) She thinks he may have a wife
3. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) She is allergic to horse hair
(b) It will cost too much to keep
(c) It is too extravagant
(d) Marianne cannot ride
4. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(d) She is worried for their safety
5. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A libertine
(b) A rogue
(c) A sportsman
(d) A charlatan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
2. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
3. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
4. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
5. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)