|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
(a) Oxford Street in London
(c) A shipping business
(d) A home and a fortune from an old lady
2. What does Elinor worry Edward's mother and sister will force him to do?
(b) Give them a yearly allowance
(c) Marry a woman of higher standing
(d) Find a job
3. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
(a) Marianne and Colonel Brandon
(b) Colonel Brandon and Lady Middleton
(c) Marianne and Sir John
(d) Elinor and Colonel Brandon
4. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
(a) That he has pig like eyes
(b) That he has no taste
(c) That he does not genuinely love Elinor
(d) That he is reserved
5. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is dimwitted
(b) He is a libertine
(c) He is a good man
(d) He has a dark past
Short Answer Questions
1. What baffles Marianne?
2. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
3. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
4. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
5. What does Marianne do at the party?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)