|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He is in love with her
(c) She thinks he may have a wife
(d) He has been called up to the army
2. What does Marianne do at the party?
(c) Play the piano
3. Which of the following phrases does Austen use to describe Edward's mood?
(b) Ugly and dark
(c) Not in good spirits
4. What is John's opinion of Willoughby?
(a) He is a good man
(b) He is dimwitted
(c) He is a libertine
(d) He has a dark past
5. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's bad mood
(b) Edward's hat
(c) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
(d) Edward's poetry
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Dashwood take an immediate dislike to?
2. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
3. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
4. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
5. Which of the following comments upsets Edward?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)