|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) He is in love with her
(b) She thinks he may have a wife
(c) He is feeling ill
(d) He has been called up to the army
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A charlatan
(c) A sportsman
(d) A libertine
3. Why does Mrs. Dashwood not want her daughters to mingle?
(a) She does not want the girls to borrow Sir John's carriage
(b) She does not like Sir John
(c) They are no suitable men to mingle with
(d) She is worried for their safety
4. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
(a) Mrs Dashwood's problems
(b) Elinor's eyes
(c) Marianne's dress
(d) Marianne's piano playing
5. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) Colonel Brandon
(b) John Dashwood
(c) Edward Ferrars
(d) John Willoughby
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
2. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
3. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
4. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
5. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)