|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She insults Elinor
(b) She offends the Colonel
(c) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(d) She refuses to play the piano
2. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's bad mood
(b) Edward's hat
(c) Edward's poetry
(d) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
3. Which two sisters go for a walk in the country?
(a) Margaret and Elinor
(b) Margaret and Marianne
(c) Marianne and Elinor
(d) Elinor and Fanny
4. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A sum of money
(c) A letter
(d) An invitation
5. Who do the Dashwoods encounter on a walk in the countryside?
(a) Edward Ferrars
(b) John Dashwood
(c) No one
(d) John Willoughby
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
2. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
3. Which two character does Mrs. Jennings try to match up?
4. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
5. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)