|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) It will cost too much to keep
(b) It is too extravagant
(c) Marianne cannot ride
(d) She is allergic to horse hair
2. Which of the following characters is also present at the Middleton's dinner party?
(a) Edward Ferrars
(b) Colonel Brandon
(c) John Dashwood
(d) John Willoughby
3. Who saves Marianne from her twisted ankle?
(a) Mrs. Dashwood
(b) John Dashwood
4. Why does Marianne forgive the Colonel for not applauding?
(a) He is much older than the others
(b) He has a damaged hand
(c) She loves him
(d) He was smoking a pipe at the time
5. What baffles Marianne?
(a) Edward's bad mood
(b) Edward's poetry
(c) Edward's hat
(d) Elinor and Edward's logical conversation
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dashwood like Edward?
2. What does Willoughby stand to inherit?
3. Which one of the sisters does Edward Ferrars devote his time to?
4. What topic of conversation do the Dashwoods draw Edward into?
5. Why is Marianne not happy Edward is marrying Elinor?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)