|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
(a) A fashionable looking young woman
(b) A princess
(c) His elderly mother
(d) Lucy Steele
2. Where do the Dashwoods visit in this chapter?
(a) The Middleton's house
(b) Norland Estate
(c) Barton Park
3. What does Lucy Steele tell Elinor?
(a) She has broken off the engagement with Edward
(b) Colonel Brandon is in love with Elinor
(c) Edward is in town
(d) She has fallen in love with John Dashwood
4. Why does Mrs. Jennings worry about the Colonel?
(a) She thinks he may have a wife
(b) He has been called up to the army
(c) He is in love with her
(d) He is feeling ill
5. Why does Elinor chastise her sister?
(a) She entered Willoughby's house alone with him
(b) She insults Elinor
(c) She refuses to play the piano
(d) She offends the Colonel
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
2. Why does Elinor think her situation with Edward is better than Marianne's situation with Willoughby?
3. Why does Marianne hope for cold weather?
4. What arrives at Mrs. Jennings house while they are out?
5. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)