|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Jennings say Sir John will be disappointed?
(a) He will be unable to hunt
(b) He thinks she lives in a mansion
(c) He will not be able to go to the opera
(d) He will not get to see Edward
2. Why does Elinor try to persuade Elinor to give Willoughby's present up?
(a) Marianne cannot ride
(b) It is too extravagant
(c) It will cost too much to keep
(d) She is allergic to horse hair
3. What does Mrs Jennings think the Colonel is left town for?
(a) To visit his sick father
(b) To visit his sick mother
(c) To visit his illegitimate daughter
(d) To take part in a parade
4. Which of the following words does Austen use to describe Sir John?
(a) A rogue
(b) A libertine
(c) A charlatan
(d) A sportsman
5. What does Colonel Brando receive before the trip to Whitwell?
(a) An invitation
(b) A letter
(c) A sum of money
(d) A bracelet
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Edward reluctant to leave?
2. How long does Edward stay with the Dashwoods?
3. What does Colonel Brandon pay close attention to?
4. What does John Dashwood say he has bought?
5. Who does Elinor see Willoughby with?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)