|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(b) She has to go and see her mother.
(c) She is worried she will get sick
(d) She is worried her baby will get sick.
2. What does Elinor ask Marianne proof of?
(a) Her engagement to Willoughby
(b) Her birth
(c) Her love for Willoughby
(d) That she owes Willoughby money
3. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
(a) Sending Willoughby letters
(b) Nagging her to tidy up
(c) Spreading rumors
(d) Talking to her sister about WIlloughby
4. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her conversation with Elinor
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her trip to Sir John's house
(d) Her love for Willoughby
5. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That he should marry Elinor
(b) That he is not a good match for Marianne
(c) That she may change the cottage
(d) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
2. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
3. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
5. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)