|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That he is not a good match for Marianne
(b) That she may change the cottage
(c) That he should marry Elinor
(d) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to meet Miss Williams
(b) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(c) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(d) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
3. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Lady Middleton
(b) John and Fanny Dashwood
4. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She is not well enogh to travel
(b) She wants to find a job
(c) She wants to see Edward
(d) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
5. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
(a) Elinor and Mrs. Jennings
(b) Elinor and Margaret
(c) Mr. Palmer and Elinor
(d) Mr. Palmer and Mrs. Jennings
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
2. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
3. Who arrives at the cottage unexpectedly?
4. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
5. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)