|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her engagement to Willoughby
(b) Her conversation with Elinor
(c) Her trip to Sir John's house
(d) Her love for Willoughby
2. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(b) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(c) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) He has to meet Miss Williams
3. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(c) John and Fanny Dashwood
(d) Lady Middleton
4. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
(a) Talking to her sister about WIlloughby
(b) Spreading rumors
(c) Nagging her to tidy up
(d) Sending Willoughby letters
5. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
(b) That he should marry Elinor
(c) That he is not a good match for Marianne
(d) That she may change the cottage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor ask Marianne proof of?
2. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
3. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
4. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
5. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)