|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her engagement to Willoughby
(b) Her conversation with Elinor
(c) Her love for Willoughby
(d) Her trip to Sir John's house
2. Who does Mrs. Jennings say Willoughby is now engaged to?
(a) Miss Grey
3. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(b) He has to meet Miss Williams
(c) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
(d) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
4. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(b) Marianne gets better
(c) Elinor begs him to stay.
(d) Marianne begs him to stay
5. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
3. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
4. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
5. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)