|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(b) She is worried her baby will get sick.
(c) She has to go and see her mother.
(d) She is worried she will get sick
2. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That she may change the cottage
(b) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
(c) That he should marry Elinor
(d) That he is not a good match for Marianne
3. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
(a) After lunch
(c) After breakfast
4. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
(a) He was in too much debt
(b) He lives too far away
(c) His family would not allow it
(d) He did not love her
5. Why does Colonel Brandon leave?
(a) He has to meet Miss Williams
(b) He has to prepare the parsonage for Edward
(c) He cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
(d) To fetch Mrs. Dashwood
Short Answer Questions
1. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
2. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
3. What does Marianne's illness deepen into?
4. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
5. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)