|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) Marianne begs him to stay
(b) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
(c) Elinor begs him to stay.
(d) Marianne gets better
2. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to see Edward
(b) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She wants to find a job
3. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her love for Willoughby
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her conversation with Elinor
(d) Her trip to Sir John's house
4. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
(a) His family would not allow it
(b) He did not love her
(c) He lives too far away
(d) He was in too much debt
5. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
(b) John and Fanny Dashwood
(c) Lady Middleton
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters stays behind from visiting Lady Middleton?
2. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
3. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
4. What does Elinor ask Marianne proof of?
5. When does Marianne receive a letter from Willoughby?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)