|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information is Marianne unwilling to share with her mother?
(a) Her conversation with Elinor
(b) Her engagement to Willoughby
(c) Her trip to Sir John's house
(d) Her love for Willoughby
2. Which of Mrs.Dashwood's suggestions upset Willoughby?
(a) That he should marry Elinor
(b) That she may change the cottage
(c) That he is not a good match for Marianne
(d) That they are thinking of moving to a bigger house
3. Why does Elinor persuade her sister to stay in London?
(a) She wants to see Edward
(b) She wants to find a job
(c) She is not well enogh to travel
(d) She does not want to seem rude to Mrs Jennings
4. What stops Colonel Brandon from leaving as well?
(a) Marianne begs him to stay
(b) Elinor begs him to stay.
(c) Marianne gets better
(d) He thinks Mrs Jennings will gossip about his cowardice
5. Why does Mrs Palmer leave the house when Marianne falls ill?
(a) She is worried she will get sick
(b) She has to go and see her mother.
(c) She is worried her baby will get sick.
(d) She cannot bear to see Marianne in pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elinor ask Mrs Jennings to stop doing?
2. Who do the Dashwoods visit at the beginning of the chapter?
3. After Brandon leaves, who other than Marianne are the only two people that remain?
4. Why is Marianne upset when the Dashwoods arrive back home?
5. Why could Willoughby not marry Marianne?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)