Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Austen Introduces the Dashwood family, Marianne, Margaret, Elinor and Mrs Dashwood.
• John Dashwood inherits the Norland estate.
• Henry Dashwood falls ill and calls John Dashwood to his bedside, asking him to support his three daughters and stepmother when he passes away.
• John decides to give each of his sisters 1,000 pounds.
• John and his wife Fanny move into Norland estate, making life uncomfortable for the Dashwoods.
• Fanny persuades John not to give the Dashwoods any financial support whatsoever.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Mrs. Dashwood begins to look for a new house.
• Austen introduces Edward Ferrars, Fanny's brother.
• Elinor and Edward become friendly and attached.
• Elinor becomes worried Edward's mother will force him to marry a woman of higher standing.
• Mrs. Dashwood receives an offer to rent a cottage in the countryside.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• The Dashwoods decide to move to Barton and rent the cottage for a year.
• Mrs. Dashwood...
This section contains 1,682 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)