Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emerson explains what underlies the present and life and death. What is it?
(a) The pure love of God.
(b) That which I think and feel.
(c) Nature in all its glory.
(d) Vision and understanding.
2. What is the attribute of the Supreme Cause according to Emerson?
(c) Absolute justice.
(d) Absolute truth.
3. Whom does Emerson say we should awaken when entering "into the state of war"?
(a) Mars and Jupiter.
(b) Camulus and Cocidius.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Thor and Woden.
4. What does Emerson say one should ask the "invaders" to do since "God is here within"?
(a) Take off their shoes.
(b) Stay away.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Finally be calm.
5. Emerson says we should do what instead of sitting down to "cry for company" with others?
(a) Impart to them strength and good will in simple sweetness.
(b) Impart to them truth and health in rough electric shocks.
(c) Impart to them friendship and companionship in uncomplicated sympathy.
(d) Impart to them will and self-sufficiency in course precision of reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what have men looked "so long that they have come to esteem the religious, learned, and civil institutions as guards"?
2. What is it that man no longer dares to say, according to Emerson?
3. Which virtue is paid to kings, nobles and great proprietors?
4. Emerson mentions something personal to him that makes "no reference" to the past and simply exists with God today. What is it?
5. How does Emerson say a cultivated man feels about his property?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)