|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that man no longer dares to say, according to Emerson?
(a) "I won't" and "I disagree."
(b) "I want" and "I will."
(c) "I think" and "I am."
(d) "I can" and "I believe."
2. Whom does Emerson say we should awaken when entering "into the state of war"?
(a) Mars and Jupiter.
(b) Camulus and Cocidius.
(c) Zeus and Hera.
(d) Thor and Woden.
3. Emerson claims that man "stands on tiptoe" to see what?
(a) His own riches.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) His blooming garden.
4. Who instructed the world, according to Emerson?
(a) The world's teachers.
(b) The world's priests.
(c) The world's kings.
(d) The world's geniuses.
5. Which faith does Emerson NOT mention as an example of "creeds and churches"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emerson say a cultivated man feels about his property?
2. Which of the following does Emerson NOT list in the aspects of life in which "It is easy to see that a greater self-reliance must work a revolution"?
3. What does Emerson say are "but physiological colors which the eye makes"?
4. According to Emerson, Galileo did more with what than anyone since?
5. What does Emerson call "primary wisdom"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)