|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emerson describe perception?
(a) Perception is different for each person.
(b) Perception should be contradicted.
(c) Perception is something one chooses on one's own.
(d) Perception is as much a fact as the sun.
2. Emerson announces "The delegation from Essex! The Democrats from New Hampshire!" in an attempt to show that men feel strong under which circumstances?
(a) In numbers.
(b) In offices.
(c) In politics.
(d) In organizations.
3. How does Emerson claim we give men the power to annoy us?
(a) Through our weakness.
(b) Through our friendliness.
(c) Through our curiosity.
(d) Through our dependence.
4. Which artist does Emerson say "will create a house in which all these will find themselves fitted"?
(b) The self-reliant artist.
(d) The American artist.
5. Which virtue is paid to kings, nobles and great proprietors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emerson say are "but physiological colors which the eye makes"?
2. What is a man worth that "tries all the professions"?
3. What will we gladly do when we have "new perception"?
4. Which of the following examples does Emerson NOT name in conjunction with the attribute of the Supreme Cause?
5. What is it that man no longer dares to say, according to Emerson?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)