Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Paragraphs 1-8
1. What do you know about Ralph Waldo Emerson?
2. Explain the opening quote to Emerson's essay, "Ne te quaesiveris extra" and why he uses it.
3. Why does Emerson hold Moses, Plato and Milton in such high regard?
4. Why do you think Emerson claims, in talking about some verses he had read, that "The sentiment they instill is of more value than any thought they may contain."?
5. At the beginning of paragraph 2, Emerson states: "There is a time in every man's education when he...
This section contains 1,257 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)