1. What does "Ne te quaesiveris extra" mean?
Do not look outside yourself.
2. Who wrote the verses that Emerson mentions at the beginning of the first paragraph?
An well-known painter.
3. What does Emerson say is most important about verses like the ones he mentions at the beginning of the first paragraph?
The sentiment they instill.
4. Which of the following figures does Emerson not mention as being an example of speaking one's mind?
5. What does Emerson say a man should learn to detect and watch?
His own thoughts.
6. What does Emerson say is the lesson great works of art teach us?
Obey your spontaneous impression.
This section contains 5,119 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)