|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraph 28-End of Essay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emerson mean when he writes: "...yet when the devout motions of the soul come, yield to them heart and life, though they should clothe God with shape and color"?
(a) Encourage the artists that paint the likeness of God.
(b) You should give up your life for those that give form to God.
(c) You will find that God has an actual form.
(d) God will take on form even if you never believed in a deity.
2. What does Emerson say "...is all that concerns..." him?
(a) My own thought.
(b) What I believe.
(c) What I must do.
(d) My own charities.
3. Which of the following did Emerson NOT say by name is misunderstood?
4. Emerson announces "The delegation from Essex! The Democrats from New Hampshire!" in an attempt to show that men feel strong under which circumstances?
(a) In organizations.
(b) In numbers.
(c) In offices.
(d) In politics.
5. What is a hieroglyphic as referred to in talking about virtue paid to kings, nobles and great proprietors?
(a) An Egyptian pictogram.
(b) A symbol.
(c) A monument.
(d) A puzzle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following examples does Emerson NOT name in conjunction with the attribute of the Supreme Cause?
2. Why does Emerson say about children's minds?
3. What does Emerson say one shouldn't travel in hope of?
4. According to Emerson, Galileo did more with what than anyone since?
5. Why does Emerson say that it is difficult to live his rule?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)