|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraph 28-End of Essay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emerson say it is easy to live after your own opinion?
(a) In your community.
(b) In solitude.
(c) Among friends.
(d) When your contemporaries agree with you.
2. Which of the following countries does Emerson NOT mention in talking about traveling?
3. What does Emerson say one should ask the "invaders" to do since "God is here within"?
(a) Stay away.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Take off their shoes.
(d) Finally be calm.
4. What does Emerson say you can "present every moment"?
(a) Your art.
(b) Your own gift.
(c) Your will.
5. What kind of prayer does Emerson call "vicious"?
(a) Dishonest prayer.
(b) Prayer that appeals thoughtlessly to God.
(c) Prayer that craves a particular commodity.
(d) Disheartened prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emerson claim we have become, in stating that man will see that we need his ethics?
2. Emerson explains what underlies the present and life and death. What is it?
3. How does Emerson say he wants his life to be?
4. What does Emerson say are "but physiological colors which the eye makes"?
5. What does Emerson say tendency does to variety of actions?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)