|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Paragraphs 1-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emerson make an example of when talking about living according to his recommendations?
(a) True geniuses.
(b) Great artists.
(c) Minors and invalids.
(d) Great men.
2. Who does Emerson say the youth speaks forcefully to?
(a) Their contemporaries.
3. How does Emerson say adults feel in looking into the faces of children?
4. What does Emerson say will happen if one does not put his heart into his work?
(a) God will desert him.
(b) His family will desert him.
(c) His friends will desert him.
(d) His genius will desert him.
5. What does Emerson say boys don't worry about?
(a) Being genuine.
(b) What others think.
(d) Their consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emerson wish adults could return to?
2. What does Emerson say happens to the "voices which we hear in solitude" as we enter into the world?
3. Besides children, who does Emerson say God has armed with "piquancy and charm"?
4. Who does Emerson say babies conform to?
5. How does Emerson say a man feels when he has said or done something not according to his own will?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)