|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town in the Satara district does Tommy Sir hike around each year by himself?
2. What god of death does Mohan call out to after his sons have disappeared?
3. Where does Javed tell Manju to take a train and meet him after he calls to tell Javed about Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
4. To whose house is Radha fleeing in his home village after the attack on Selection Day?
5. Where does Anand Mehta say he is dealing with the mafia after the game on Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ranjith and how is his character described?
2. How does Radha convince Manju not to go to the police regarding Anand Mehta?
3. What is noted about Manju's accent when he returns from England?
4. What does Radha do when Manju comes to confront him about the rumors he's been spreading in Part One?
5. What do Javed and Manju do when they go to the mall bathroom in Part One?
6. Where does Radha go after the game on Selection Day? Why?
7. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
8. How do Radha and Manju perform on Selection Day?
9. How does Manju describe is experiences in college when he meets Javed at the Golden Punjab Hotel in Part One?
10. What activities are described in Manju's official statement about his time in the UK?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens during the competition called Harris Shield? How does Manju perform in the game? How does Radha perform? What comes about because of the outcome of the game?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Radha Kumar in the novel. How much older is Radha than Manju? How would you characterize the relationship between these brothers? How does Radha change in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Where does the Kumar family move from Dahisar? How is this setting described? How are the old home and new home compared and contrasted in the narrative? How do they afford the move?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)