|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mehta force Manju to drink after his brother has fled on Selection Day?
2. How much money does the uncle of the cricket player that was attacked by Radha want in compensation from Mehta?
3. What is the name of Tommy Sir's daughter?
4. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
5. What animal does Manju maim with his shoe when he argues with Radha on the day before Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has led to the fall in Radha's batting average when Manju is leaving for England?
2. How does Radha convince Manju not to go to the police regarding Anand Mehta?
3. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
4. How do Radha and Manju perform on Selection Day?
5. How is Javed's flat described in the narrative?
6. Who is Lata? What role does she play in the novel?
7. Why does Anand Mehta come to the Kumar home after Manju has returned from England? What does he do there?
8. What is noted about Manju's accent when he returns from England?
9. How is the concept of corruption presented in Selection Day?
10. What do Mohan and Manju learn when they visit Anand Mehta's office after the game on Selection Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens during the competition called Harris Shield? How does Manju perform in the game? How does Radha perform? What comes about because of the outcome of the game?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Radha Kumar in the novel. How much older is Radha than Manju? How would you characterize the relationship between these brothers? How does Radha change in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of sibling rivalry in Selection Day. How does the author develop this theme through character and setting? How is the theme developed through symbolism? What imagery supports this theme?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)