|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city of England does Manju train for cricket?
2. What does Anand Mehta demand that Manju do when he visits him in the middle of the night after Manju has had a press conference?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Sing for him.
(c) Speak in a British accent.
(d) Perform in a cricket game.
3. Whom does Manju thank for "this exquisite opportunity to experience first-hand the uplifting culture of the United Kingdom" in a statement after he returns from England?
(a) Karim Ali.
(b) Pramod Sawant.
(c) Eknath Solkar.
(d) Patricia D'Mello.
4. Where does Sofia tell Manju that his father tried to kill her?
(a) Roswell Estate.
(b) The Oval Maidan.
(c) Ballard Estate.
5. Mohan decides to slap Radha a few times after his batting average falls below what, in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. In an interview with Manju after he has returned from England he is asked, "What is the food like?" What is Manju's response?
2. Who is on the news after surpassing Manju's batting record?
3. What is the name of Tommy Sir's daughter?
4. What percentage of India is currently under the age of 25, according to the career counselor who speaks with Manju?
5. To whose house is Radha fleeing in his home village after the attack on Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the concept of corruption presented in Selection Day?
2. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
3. Why does Anand Mehta come to the Kumar home after Manju has returned from England? What does he do there?
4. How is Javed's flat described in the narrative?
5. Who is Lata? What role does she play in the novel?
6. What does Radha discover in the cybercafe when he first visits?
7. How does Radha convince Manju not to go to the police regarding Anand Mehta?
8. What analogy does Mohan make in describing the elephant and the magician?
9. Who is Ranjith and how is his character described?
10. How do Radha and Manju perform on Selection Day?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)