|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musician, described as "a poet, and a Parsi, and a gay" does Javed imitate in the novel?
(a) Ravi Shastri.
(b) Freddie Mercury.
(c) George Harrison.
(d) Cat Stevens.
2. Who is described as the "world's greatest batsman" from Bowral, New South Wales?
(a) Eknath Solkar.
(b) Ravi Shastri.
(c) Sir Donald Bradman.
(d) Anand Mehta.
3. What does Sofia say Radha has been saying about his brother on the day before Selection Day?
(a) That he is a poor cricket player.
(b) That Manju is gay.
(c) That he broke his arm.
(d) That he is quitting cricket.
4. Where does Javed's friend suggest they go to Mad Max racing?
5. What does Anand Mehta demand that Manju do when he visits him in the middle of the night after Manju has had a press conference?
(a) Speak in a British accent.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Perform in a cricket game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Radha catch a bus as he fled after attacking the cricket player on Selection Day?
2. What does Tommy Sir do after his confrontation with Manju in the dressing room the day after Selection Day?
3. What is Manju's statistic of strike rate (per 100 balls) three months before Selection Day?
4. How much money does the uncle of the cricket player that was attacked by Radha want in compensation from Mehta?
5. Who is the player who got Radha out of the game on Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ultimatum does Javed offer Manju when Manju calls him after the game on Selection Day?
2. What activities are described in Manju's official statement about his time in the UK?
3. What does Sofia confront Manju about when she picks him up in her car from college in Part One?
4. Who is Ranjith and how is his character described?
5. How does Manju respond when Javed suggests he might be gay in Part One?
6. Where does Radha go after the game on Selection Day? Why?
7. How do Radha and Manju perform on Selection Day?
8. What does Radha discover in the cybercafe when he first visits?
9. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
10. What advice does Javed give to Manju regarding his scholarship to England?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)