|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Javed's brother who was five years older than him?
2. Mohan decides to slap Radha a few times after his batting average falls below what, in Part One?
3. What does Mehta force Manju to drink after his brother has fled on Selection Day?
4. What ultimatum does Javed give to Manju when he offers him a place to stay after Selection Day?
(a) To attend college.
(b) To sever ties with his mother.
(c) To tell his brother off.
(d) To stop playing cricket.
5. Who is the neighbor that Mohan rants to about the influence of Javed (whom he refers to as "that Mohammedan boy"?
(a) Pramod Sawant.
(b) Eknath Solkar.
(c) Mrs. Shastri.
(d) Jignesh Seth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Sofia, the narrator says, "... she could pull anything off: she knew her prerogative as a rich girl in Mumbai, which was to be" what?
2. Tommy Sir describes "the final discovery of my career as a Talent Scout" on the day after Selection Day. He states that "a great sportsman is a kind of" what?
3. What god of death does Mohan call out to after his sons have disappeared?
4. Who intervenes when Mohan goes to slap Radha when his batting average falls in Part One?
5. What is Manju's height listed as of three months before Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Radha go after the game on Selection Day? Why?
2. How is Javed's flat described in the narrative?
3. What has led to the fall in Radha's batting average when Manju is leaving for England?
4. How do Radha and Manju perform on Selection Day?
5. What activities are described in Manju's official statement about his time in the UK?
6. What ultimatum does Javed offer Manju when Manju calls him after the game on Selection Day?
7. What does Radha do when Manju comes to confront him about the rumors he's been spreading in Part One?
8. Why does Anand Mehta come to the Kumar home after Manju has returned from England? What does he do there?
9. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
10. What is noted about Manju's accent when he returns from England?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)