|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what class has Manju made critical errors, leading to his belief he will be thrown out of college during his first year?
(a) Latin Literature and History.
(b) English Literature.
(c) Biology Lab.
(d) Chemistry Practicals Lab.
2. What is the sacred serpent called that the god Subramanya rides?
3. Tommy Sir describes "the final discovery of my career as a Talent Scout" on the day after Selection Day. He states that "a great sportsman is a kind of" what?
4. What novel by George Orwell does Javed encourage Manju to read?
(a) The Clergyman's Daughter.
(c) Coming Up for Air.
(d) Animal Farm.
5. Mohan decides to slap Radha a few times after his batting average falls below what, in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Manju tell on the phone that his father wants him to give back the England scholarship?
2. What nickname does Manju tell Javed never to call him again when he gets on Javed's motorbike?
3. The narrator says in Part One, "One morning, over 100 million years ago, India left Eden and went looking for" what?
4. In what year did T.O. Shenoy first play in Selection Day in Bombay?
5. Who is the player who got Radha out of the game on Selection Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manju describe is experiences in college when he meets Javed at the Golden Punjab Hotel in Part One?
2. Who is Ranjith and how is his character described?
3. Where does Radha go after the game on Selection Day? Why?
4. What does Manju dream about after Anand Mehta's middle-of-the-night visit?
5. What activities are described in Manju's official statement about his time in the UK?
6. What advice does Javed give to Manju regarding his scholarship to England?
7. What has led to the fall in Radha's batting average when Manju is leaving for England?
8. What does Radha do when Manju comes to confront him about the rumors he's been spreading in Part One?
9. What is noted about Manju's accent when he returns from England?
10. How is Javed's flat described in the narrative?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)